Mordhau

Added Feint Functions

31 38
  • 13 Feb
 Bluhman

Stuff that the Feint Key (q) soreley needs to be able to do:

• Feint out of weapon throws - With the new speeded up throw rates, it's really easy to start throwing a weapon before you're actually ready to get it out, or in other words, you throw a second shot before you're ready to have aimed. To add to this is the extremely slow javelin windup, which spells, basically, a complete waste of a javelin if someone sees you winding up and is just ready to parry.
    People might say: "just aim it at the ground!" Well sure, but that's making you more vulnerable while your POV is aimed at dirt, and also it's inherently unpredictable as to how a throwable will bounce when it hits. Honestly, bows can un-nock, so it only seems like it should be fair to allow thrown weapons, with their much more restrictive ammo, to be able to cancel out of a throw.

• Feint to cancel a ledge climb - Ledge climbing can be really sensitive at times, to the point where if you're trying to jump to avoid a low attack, or trying to move unpredictably against a ranged attacker, you might be next to a ledge, and then you're nailed into a channeled, 2 second long animation. Whoops now you're super-vulnerable. Make it so that if you press the feint button while climbing, up until you're about halfway up the ledge, you should just have the option to drop down back to the ground instead of climbing up.

• Feint on ladder = Slide down it - It's already possible to use the interact button to let-go and regrab a ladder to try and descend it faster, but it's not that safe and you have a pretty narrow window of time to do it so that you don't take fall damage (which already is unreliable). Make it so that just pressing Q while climbing will allow you to instead do a fast slide-down a ladder.

192 248
  • 13 Feb
 Quenquent

Throws and climbs absolutely deserve to be able to be feinted.

It's so easy to mess up a throw and, since you can't stop it, you are forced to go all the way to, well, throw it at the ground. On top of that, it would make Throwing Axe and Knives more interesting to use. I'm not sure, however, if it's deserved on normal weapons with a throwable alt-mode : they are unexpected enough to be viable.

That these cost stamina or not, I don't really mind.

But I'm not sure about ladder slide-down.

In itself, having it bounded to feint isn't the right way to go since you can use weapons on ladders and, well, feint their attacks. Maybe binding it to sprint might be a better idea ?
However, I don't really want Mordhau's ladders to become For Honor ladders : what should happen if someone sliding down slide into someone else ?

Knight 5398 7349

what should happen if someone sliding down slide into someone else ?

Deal 100 damage to the player below (even if it's an ally and wether any of you have friendly equiped) and a loud cronch noise to go with it. A blood stain should remain in the ass zone of the player model until death, just like weapons that get all bloodied.

Also yea I don't see how throwables would be problematic if you let them be feinted/morphed from a kick and viceversa.

1565 4281

I thought throw feints were already in game.....ive had to fetch many a weapon

31 38
  • 13 Feb
 Bluhman

@Quenquent said:
Throws and climbs absolutely deserve to be able to be feinted.

It's so easy to mess up a throw and, since you can't stop it, you are forced to go all the way to, well, throw it at the ground. On top of that, it would make Throwing Axe and Knives more interesting to use. I'm not sure, however, if it's deserved on normal weapons with a throwable alt-mode : they are unexpected enough to be viable.

That these cost stamina or not, I don't really mind.

But I'm not sure about ladder slide-down.

In itself, having it bounded to feint isn't the right way to go since you can use weapons on ladders and, well, feint their attacks. Maybe binding it to sprint might be a better idea ?
However, I don't really want Mordhau's ladders to become For Honor ladders : what should happen if someone sliding down slide into someone else ?

Sprint probably would make more sense for that ladder function, true.
As for what would happen if a sliding player collided into another one, it'd probably make the most sense to just have them stop sliding. It does remind me of another kind of dumb thing that happens in this game right now - if you jump off a ledge on top of another person, the game's solution to that conundrum is: don't hurt or flinch the person you just jumped on the head of, and instead cause you to ragdoll.

809 346

You can already drop down ladders using e. Other than that, I like the other 2 suggestions and throwing feint would make javelin kinda viable again.