Mordhau

Menu Crash to Desktop (SOLUTION)

11 5
  • 11 Feb
 Budaslate

Every time a load Mordhau I get through the loading screens to the main menu then after about 3 seconds it crashes to desktop. I have tried everything from uninstalling Mordhau and Steam, deleting temp files, deleting other files, changing load options in steam, making dx12 is updated, updated GPU drivers, I even disabled all my startup programs. Basically everything short of a full system wipe.

However I can join a friend playing a match on my friends list and play for hours without a crash, even go to the main menu and not crash. It wasn't until I exited the game fully back to desktop and tried to fire up Mordhau again when the crashing in menu after a second or two started again. It crashes 100% of the time when launching unless "Join game" from someone on my friends list.

11 5
  • 6 Mar
 Budaslate

Over a month, no reply. No fix.

Relying on someone in my friends list to be playing Mordhau so I can play is getting old.

11 5

CPU: Intel, i7-4790k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
Mobo: Asus, Z-97k
RAM: Gskill Ripsaw, PC3-12800 (4x4GB) 16GB
SSD: 1 windows ; Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB
SSD 2 games ; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair. HX650

1 1

same problem

been happening for a couple weeks now

CPU: AMD 3900x
GPU: AMD 5700XT
Mobo: ASROCK B450M PRO
SSD: Intel NVME 660p 1TB

2 0

Me pasa lo mismo y tampoco creo que seamos los unicos, ojala chequearan esto, porque realmente, me entristece....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
Mobo: MSI B450 gaming plus

2 0

@ARROWCronista said:
Me pasa lo mismo y tampoco creo que seamos los unicos, ojala chequearan esto, porque realmente, me entristece....

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
Mobo: MSI B450 gaming plus

Mordhau.png

2 0

Same problem here

45 20

Try using dx11

11 5
  • 18 Mar
 Budaslate

@CabbageMan828 said:
Try using dx11

I tried this using the Steam launch options and the game still crashes in the Main Menu after loading. I tried setting the launch options for dx12 as well and it does the same thing. From what I can gather from the internet it might be an issue with the Unreal Engine. I dont have any other games that run on this Engine so its hard to tell unless I buy another game.

2 0
  • 18 Mar
 M4rine

I've been having this problem after deleting crash reports. I've been looking for a fix and it sucks cause I cant play my favorite game anymore, if someone can find a fix for this please enlighten us.

11 5
  • 19 Mar
 Budaslate

@M4rine said:
I've been having this problem after deleting crash reports. I've been looking for a fix and it sucks cause I cant play my favorite game anymore, if someone can find a fix for this please enlighten us.

The only way Ive been able to play is by joining a friend whom is already in a server. Give that a try, its not a fix but a work around.

2 0
  • 20 Mar
 M4rine

@Budaslate said:

@M4rine said:

The only way Ive been able to play is by joining a friend whom is already in a server. Give that a try, its not a fix but a work around.

Sadly, i dont have any friends that play mordhau although i feel like it would probabaly work

11 5
  • 26 Mar
 Budaslate

FIXED, found a solution. Im not sure which one solved the crashing and I cant take credit for this (Kennedy from Ruby's) .

From inside the game I went to Settings > Manage Mods and uninstalled every single mod on the list. Then I closed the game.

Then I went to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content
and deleted the .Modio folder.

Also checked: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content\Paks
for a "SquaksAdmin.pak" but it wasnt there. I would have had to delete that as well.

Mordhau now loads into the Main Menu without crashing (only way I could play before was to Join Game on a friend whom was in a server with space).

edit: found this solution because I couldn't join one of Ruby's duel servers.