Mordhau

Played the game, nothing new.

677 287

Game still very unenjoyable in the long run.
Bloodlust still shit.
Maul still shit.
Spawn killing is the go-to strat for lvl 200 fags and nobody does anything about it.

1823 1910

In b4 "It's a small indie dev team. What did you expect?"

1399 1054
  • 8 Feb
 esturias

Valuable feedback, thanks for letting us know.

92 30
  • 8 Feb
 lordlemon

Mordhau is great fun:D, If bloodlust and maul are not up your alley it's worth trying a different play style like dodge and spear or cat and cleaver

1399 1054
  • 8 Feb
 esturias

@lordlemon said:
Mordhau is great fun

It can be fun for a few matches every now and then, but the longer you play, the more you notice all the many issues and the general half-assed'ness of basically every element of the game. So he isn't wrong or anything, it's just that just puking some rage into the forum out of boredom doen't help anyone.

677 287

@esturias said:
puking some rage into the forum out of boredom

photo_2018-06-15_16-04-51.jpg

57 67

principal, I see you comment on every post i thought you played all the time. Unfortunately the devs are turning into torn banner and chivalry all over again so nothing can be done about that.

38 28
  • 9 Feb
 BossNegro

@^--^ Maximus ^--^ said:
principal, I see you comment on every post i thought you played all the time. Unfortunately the devs are turning into torn banner and chivalry all over again so nothing can be done about that.

"I've seen this before so it has to be just like that before that I've seen"

What kind of logical fallacy is this?

166 210
  • 10 Feb
 Quenquent

@^--^ Maximus ^--^ said:

Even if I wasn't here during the days of Chivalry, I doubt Mordhau reached this point. You're all overreacting because the devs aren't really active in the forums while they are on other platforms (even if, right now, they have slowed down a bit).

677 287

I'll go more in depth here because I'm bored. My second biggest Issue with the Maul is the ridiculous damage on chest.
My biggest Issue is the oneshot on all helmet tiers. I think one or even 2 tiers should be immune to that.
Bloodlust just increases skill gap between the noobs and the level 100+ guy who knows how to abuse it and properly target switch, use enemies as human shields and so on. This by the way is why I'm still for the swing through mechanic, at least parts of it.
Bloodlust + Rush is more common those days and there's no way you're gonna catch him if he doesn't want you to. He already dropped his cleaver or axe and got himself a couple bigger weapons.

That basically leaves me with 2 viable options:
1) become a looting vampire
2) buy awp (maul) to oneshot vampires

I played both those to a small extent, I'm not quite good enough to make proper use of them honestly (never got 100 kills in a game, probably because I'm not into vampire RP that much)

Someone (Aze?) made a weapon survey thread and listed the weapons used, but to me it matters more what weapons pop up in the killfeed and what weapons players use to kill me. And the maul is so problematic because you'll have to reliably block this slow ass weapon or you'll be almost dead.

The Frontline matches are usually decided by who can keep the enemy team busy in their spawns for longer.
Who can be as annoying as possible in the enemy spawn. 4 People might gang up on one and he still might get 2 or even more with a proper weapon and heal with bloodlust or oneshot with maul.

I think the spawn protection Issue is a very complicated one and I don't blame the devs one bit honestly.
Shooting from safe areas could be an Issue for example.

258 239
  • 12 Feb
 Atlas-D

@PC_Principal said:
That basically leaves me with 2 viable options:
1) become a looting vampire
2) buy awp (maul) to oneshot vampires

Only if you're bad. I do fine without bloodlust and a greatsword, I can rack up a 4.0 k/d more or less. Sure, bloodlust needs some changes, scavenging bloodlust needs changes. But the game is still playable.

I played both those to a small extent, I'm not quite good enough to make proper use of them honestly (never got 100 kills in a game, probably because I'm not into vampire RP that much)

So you aren't qualified to talk about balance.

Someone (Aze?) made a weapon survey thread and listed the weapons used, but to me it matters more what weapons pop up in the killfeed and what weapons players use to kill me. And the maul is so problematic because you'll have to reliably block this slow ass weapon or you'll be almost dead.

That survey was only based on the servers he joined, so that isn't a reliable piece of data in any way shape or form.

Also stop bitching about the maul. It has so many glaring weaknesses. If the maul user ripostes 2 feet from facehug distance, someone in max armor can literally run away from the riposte and the maul has no combo-block to respond to it. It has awful range. It's slow as hell and you get gambled. Your chambers get gambled. It doesn't cleave. It doesn't cleave through teammates. Exe sword, war axe, eveningstar (and most other 2 hitter quitters) completely outclass it. Headshots are hard to hit against competent players and/or low armor players, and even if you do land some headshots, the weaknesses are still glaringly bad.

677 287

You're living in denial and that's ok. Maul only has weaknesses if you're bad. If you're good on the other hand, it makes killing bad players way too easy and it's such a cheesy stomp weapon. 0 sympathy for you sir.

1823 1910

"Maul is utter shit! Only my incredible e-peen makes it somewhat viable. I'm so good that I'm always on top of the chart despite using the maul. If I would use exe sword all servers would explode! Believe me!"

-- Atlas-D (paraphrased)

214 178
677 287

yea I can get 8:2 and 12/3 aswell, got 16:0 with bear trap. That's over a million k/d. Git gud.
Also the players on top of the scoreboard are the ones using maul and bloodlust, or at least one of the 2.
That's the easiest indicator they are op.

258 239
  • 13 Feb
 Atlas-D

@SWSeriousMike said:
"Maul is utter shit! Only my incredible e-peen makes it somewhat viable. I'm so good that I'm always on top of the chart despite using the maul. If I would use exe sword all servers would explode! Believe me!"

-- Atlas-D (paraphrased)

I don't even use the maul anymore. I fought this asshole aphla player named "Ralsei" who would run away whenever I riposted him with the maul so I'd whiff. He did it so consistently so many times that I gave up using the maul (and used the greatsword/battle axe) after 20 deaths or so and started beating him half of the time. Oh and yes I was raging. I'm not going through that again.

As for frontline, the exesword and war axe are just superior to the maul. I'll reiterate again. Cleave. Axe has combo. Exe has more range. Both are faster. Both dont get gambled on chamber. Exe costs the same. Axe costs less.

Ive seen players with war axe bloodlust do far better than players who use the maul. But that is just anecdotal anyway.

258 239
  • 13 Feb
 Atlas-D

@PC_Principal said:
yea I can get 8:2 and 12/3 aswell, got 16:0 with bear trap. That's over a million k/d. Git gud.
Also the players on top of the scoreboard are the ones using maul and bloodlust, or at least one of the 2.
That's the easiest indicator they are op.

In my experience, it's always the level 120-200 medium armor alt mode halberd user that topscores along with anyone who's really skilled with bloodlust. Ive even seen arming sword bloodlust topscore. I don't know if its an NA thing but I've only seen maulsters dominate in skirmish but they were really good players anyway.

Frontline is such a chaotic and unbalanced game mode anyway, the maul doesn't rock it too much.

15 9
  • 14 Feb
 thecamguy

Maul is probably fine. The idea is that you counter it with footwork, because it is absurdly slow and does lots of stamina damage. But more often than not, the majority of maul players are using light armour, or even no armour at all. It is exceptionally hard to footwork against someone with nearly 2x your movement speed. High movement speed also means more lunge, easier to flank people for easy kills, considering these things its no wonder the maul is so popular.

People playing with no armour are rewarded moreso than they are punished, which seems odd, but I guess get gud scrub.

677 287

It's not fine when you get onehit from behind or almost onehit wtf...such broken bullshit. Game isn't fun anymore.
It's the idiots that run away until you turn your back, that ruin the game. Fucking low lives hitting you from behind oneshot.
No weapon should oneshot all helmets. It's complete bullshit.

92 30
  • 14 Feb
 lordlemon

I love the maul it's good fun, but not as fun as the training sword.