Mordhau

Just a nice idea maybe...

5 2

Hey all, I was just thinking about something that could be great:
Adding a special female character to be used in certain circumstances.

Why? Because it would be really awesome to fight other players at medieval jousts to ask for her hand to the king...or having to defende her alongside the king in already existing modes would be more fun.

Since Mordhau is really a good game, especially in its historical details, and thouse jousts were common those days....

1399 1054
 esturias

You are basically asking for an entirely different game. Jousts would need completely different mechanics.
This isn't a simulator and the "historical details" in this game are very sketchy. You have nicely designed armor and weapon models that (roughly) resemble reallife ones, that's it.

edit: But we'll get female characters. Eventually. Soon. Sooner. Or later.

5 2

@esturias said:
You are basically asking for an entirely different game. Jousts would need completely different mechanics.
This isn't a simulator and the "historical details" in this game are very sketchy. You have nicely designed armor and weapon models that (roughly) resemble reallife ones, that's it.

edit: But we'll get female characters. Eventually. Soon. Sooner. Or later.

Different mechanics? It would be like a 1vs1 but on a horse.

677 287

Guys I have an Idea. What about female nobles? Nobles are 3 players so make it a King, a Queen and a Princess with their own flavour weapons each? (princess' dagger?) (queen's sword?)
The promise of female characters could be partially fulfilled, and the battlefield won't look like a catfight.

1399 1054
  • 4 Feb
 esturias

@[SF]Cane_Randagio said:
Different mechanics? It would be like a 1vs1 but on a horse.

Did you try that out already?

3 0

d'er, if they bring in female characters I would hope that they would be as playable characters, not as 'story' based extensions in a non story based game.. If you wanna save the princess and ask for her hand, play Castle Crashers

5 2

This suggestion of mine wasn't about adding any playable female character, since in medieval times european women (except for the Vikings) weren't fighting, adding them will not be suitable for such game IMHO, and would look silly, for that purpose you have tons of RPGs. And NO it is not racism of any sort. You play a medieval game, you expect a game about medieval times.
My suggestion was about adding a new mode: horse duels, which were common back then. The adding of a princess to marry/protect is just cosmetic. Talking about game's source code and how it works, if you didn't write a line of it, is not serious, making jokes just because you think otherwise is really stupid.

Mine is just a suggestion for the devs.

It is clear that they've made a game with huge potential already, for instance, horde mode is different from frontline, as battle royale/duels are too. This is a proof of this game's flexibility, and so I had the idea.

1399 1054
  • 6 Feb
 esturias

Again: That gamemode would require completely different mechanics to be playable/fun, especially if you even want some story elements.
And with a devteam like this one, who barely manages to keep the game alive, it's a rather bad idea to invest time and effort into a new gamemode, when you have thongs to fix at every corner of the game.

btw: The battle royal gamemode is pretty much dead and I doubt that horde mode is played by many players, either.