Mordhau

Perk Suggestion: Thick Skull (Reduces damage to the Head)

18 10
  • 2 Feb
 AquaArmor

I'll say this right now, mainly suggesting this perk as a counter to Maul getting one hit kills to the head! But of course this is a great perk to have in general, with a higher cost of points so as not to make it too OP.

Name: Thick Skull

Abilities: Reduces damage done to the head by 20%

Cost: 3 Points

1369 1022
  • 2 Feb
 esturias

Stupid-analogy-time!

You have a broken tire on your car. Now, instead of actually removing or fixing the broken tire, you suggest to screw a new tire on top of the broken one.
Why would you do that?

18 10
  • 2 Feb
 AquaArmor

7a640fc80693551f7b145076411581c7.jpg

For swag points of course! B)

673 278

Interesting take. I'd be more in favor of a maul nerf, but if I imagine the perk in game... Better just nerf maul imo.

1814 1898

@esturias said:
You have a broken tire on your car. Now, instead of actually removing or fixing the broken tire, you suggest to screw a new tire on top of the broken one.
Why would you do that?

And another car analogy - this time with broken rubber.
(Don't let me down a second time, Humble!)

Knight 2286 4116
  • 3 Feb
 Runagate

Yeah this idea is fucking stupid, there would be no reason to not use this perk always on every build

Surely you cannot be seriously suggesting this

1814 1898

I have better idea:

Bluntsman
Your blunt weapons and fist deal increased damage against opponents who have blunt weapons or fists equipped.

You could do the same for stab weapons (Shivalry) and blade weapons (Honed and horny). And it would be totally in line with a certain perk the game already has.

673 278

Bluntsman cost 1. Best perk ever.

172 251

@Runagate said:
Yeah this idea is fucking stupid, there would be no reason to not use this perk always on every build

This'll sound really shocking but hear me out, okay?

Perks cost points.

18 10
  • 4 Feb
 AquaArmor

@Runagate said:

Surely you cannot be seriously suggesting this

best_movie_quotes_ever_15.jpg

Knight 2286 4116
  • 4 Feb
 Runagate

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@Runagate said:

This'll sound really shocking but hear me out, okay?

Perks cost points.

This perk with 2/3/2 would leave you with 6 points for weapons. You could also go for 1/3/3.

Besides, I doubt anyone would even use head armour anymore because you couldn't be OHK'd even if you had none. You could just go 2/3/0 and be fine and have 8 points for weapons.

So what is your point?

18 10
  • 4 Feb
 AquaArmor

I shall raise the stakes and suggest something utterly mad!

New Abilities: Reduces damage done to the head by 10%

New Cost: 4 Points

Let the discussions take place!

673 278

I vote for something new. An entirely new concept of a perk or something. Don't see this perk going a long way.
I'd rather take Bluntsman lmao.

18 10
  • 4 Feb
 AquaArmor

@SWSeriousMike said:
I have better idea:

Bluntsman
Your blunt weapons and fist deal increased damage against opponents who have blunt weapons or fists equipped.

You could do the same for stab weapons (Shivalry) and blade weapons (Honed and horny). And it would be totally in line with a certain perk the game already has.

These are indeed some great perk ideas.

1814 1898

@AquaArmor said:
I shall raise the stakes and suggest something utterly mad!

New Cost: 4 Points

Let the discussions take place!

Not obscure enough.

And the damage reduction is a manual entry for every weapon with each mode having different values. These values are of course not visible in the advanced stats in the armory - just like with Huntsman.

185 92
  • 6 Feb
 Mackintoke

Thick skull perk sounds stupid. Just make T3 Helmets block one maul headshot.

Knight 5324 7228

@SWSeriousMike said:

@esturias said:
Why would you do that?

And another car analogy - this time with broken rubber.
(Don't let me down a second time, Humble!)

Your mom likes to pretend the rubber broke after sex and wants me to play along, weird fetish tbh.
Especially since we don't use that shit at all.

185 92

@Humble Staff: lol SeriousMike is too serious for his own good. Watch, now he's gonna say that you "broke the rules."

1814 1898

@Mackintoke said:
@Humble Staff: lol SeriousMike is too serious for his own good. Watch, now he's gonna say that you "broke the rules."

Non-sense. But he broke the rubber!