Mordhau

Something tells me devs ran out of money

9 5
  • 17 Jan
 JerkChicken

Probably down to $100. Maybe. Any guesses?

When will they get more people like freeloaders to further increase production. And stuff

I mean its been a year now so... i think its time to get more help. Tbh. Otherwise games just gonna be updated so slowly till the point it justs drops dead. People who backed this game are gonna get depressed until Bonerlord arrives in March 2020 that is if it doesn't get delayed which it probably will

So yeah devs do something fasterm

1917 2006

They did not run out of money. The team is small intentionally so that monetary problems won't be a concern in the foreseeable future. Bannerlord is a completely different game. The biggest competition will be Chivalry 2.

And yes, it is highly unfortunate that they didn't expand their ranks.

188 241
  • 17 Jan
 Quenquent

I like all the stats and scientific evidences put in this post. Truly a work of art that is pushing an important subject forward.

2 1
  • 17 Jan
 AkitaInu

I really don't understand why do so many people keep saying that this game will drop dead when Bannerlord comes. I have watched some gameplay videos and that game looked like it came from year 2000 from gameplay and graphic points of view. I haven't played the previous Mount and Blade games so I don't share the nostalgia.

Am I missing something?

1562 4276

nah even when bannerlord comes out mordhau will be fine mordhau is for first person sword fighting and bannerlord is about building a small army each game has their own unique gameplay the only reason people even compare the two is because

game has sword...….same game

174 59
  • 17 Jan
 CazzyVR

@TombstoneJack said:
nah even when bannerlord comes out mordhau will be fine mordhau is for first person sword fighting and bannerlord is about building a small army each game has their own unique gameplay the only reason people even compare the two is because

If we use that Logic then Skyrim is also on the same Card.

Devs are a Smol Team, they don't have the Numbers of bigger Companies to be able to push out Weekly Updates. yes, their Communication Skills could improve, but they are trying. I think many Players don't realize what a Indie Dev means.

Bannerlord looks ok. I'm waiting for Skull and Bones though.

What's wrong with a Game getting Delayed? Really? So you want them to release a Broken Game early then wait a few extra Months for it to be Polished Up and Working? I'm glad CD ProjectRed Delayed CyberPunk 2077 as only good can come of it. It'll be far more Polished, Working and might even include Content that wasn't there a few Months ago. I really hate people who think a Delayed Game will be shit. We are the PC Master Race, our "Exclusive Titles" number in the Thousands. We have Millions of Games at the Few Clicks of a Keyboard go play something else.

1612 1196
  • 17 Jan
 esturias

@CazzyVR said:
Devs are a Smol Team, they don't have the Numbers of bigger Companies to be able to push out Weekly Updates.

But they definitely have the option to change that by spending some money on 1-2 additional employees. Or even just freelancers for some certain tasks.

yes, their Communication Skills could improve, but they are trying.

Show me how they are "trying".

What's wrong with a Game getting Delayed? Really? So you want them to release a Broken Game early then wait a few extra Months for it to be Polished Up and Working? I'm glad CD ProjectRed Delayed CyberPunk 2077 as only good can come of it. It'll be far more Polished, Working and might even include Content that wasn't there a few Months ago. I really hate people who think a Delayed Game will be shit.

Yupp. Those spoiled brats are annoying. Parents should really try to motivate their brats to have some other hobbies...

174 59
  • 18 Jan
 CazzyVR

@esturias said:

@CazzyVR said:
Devs are a Smol Team, they don't have the Numbers of bigger Companies to be able to push out Weekly Updates.

But they definitely have the option to change that by spending some money on 1-2 additional employees. Or even just freelancers for some certain tasks.

yes, their Communication Skills could improve, but they are trying.

Show me how they are "trying".

What's wrong with a Game getting Delayed? Really? So you want them to release a Broken Game early then wait a few extra Months for it to be Polished Up and Working? I'm glad CD ProjectRed Delayed CyberPunk 2077 as only good can come of it. It'll be far more Polished, Working and might even include Content that wasn't there a few Months ago. I really hate people who think a Delayed Game will be shit.

Yupp. Those spoiled brats are annoying. Parents should really try to motivate their brats to have some other hobbies...

1) Maybe they do, maybe they don't I don't work for the Company so I don't make Assumptions on what their Budget and Spending is like. If they have the Money and don't need more people fine. Maybe there's another reason they aren't hiring more. Maybe they don't have the space for a few extra Devs. Maybe they just don't need them.

2) I said they are improving, never said it was great. That's why I said they are improving but still shit.

3) Glad we can agree on that.

549 618
  • 19 Jan
 Deadmode

I had a rather large hiatus from this game and I come back to find very little in terms of new content and also loads of the same issues and QoL problems still present.

From what I see and hear I just get the impression the devs have made their fat stacks of cash and are not interested in reinvesting it into the project. If they truly wanted to see Mordhau be the supreme slasher game then they would be doing far more than they are now. It really is a half-assed attempt post-launch. They are doing just enough to keep the game alive (barely) without having to do any actual commitment and risk.

They have had a year of competition-free time to really make their mark and get ahead of the upcoming competition by building a super-strong game chock-full of content that appeals to a broad range of players. That time without any comparable game for players meant it would've been the ideal time to build up a solid playerbase. They have squandered this time.

I'm only playing this game because it is the only real modern offering for this genre. I don't doubt that myself, like many, will jump ship when other offerings become available and Mordhau struggles to keep up. If building the playerbase back up is their main priority, to quote Jax, then they are going to really be up against it soon when there are other games that can pull them in other than Mordhau.

201 314

They can literally bail on the entirety of Mordhau for all I care, as long as they bring out the official mod tools first. There are so many of us just waiting to start working on the map/mod they have in mind.

The unofficial SDK is a great initiative but leaves much to be desired.

174 59
  • 19 Jan
 CazzyVR

@Deadmode said:
I had a rather large hiatus from this game and I come back to find very little in terms of new content and also loads of the same issues and QoL problems still present.

From what I see and hear I just get the impression the devs have made their fat stacks of cash and are not interested in reinvesting it into the project. If they truly wanted to see Mordhau be the supreme slasher game then they would be doing far more than they are now. It really is a half-assed attempt post-launch. They are doing just enough to keep the game alive (barely) without having to do any actual commitment and risk.

They have had a year of competition-free time to really make their mark and get ahead of the upcoming competition by building a super-strong game chock-full of content that appeals to a broad range of players. That time without any comparable game for players meant it would've been the ideal time to build up a solid playerbase. They have squandered this time.

I'm only playing this game because it is the only real modern offering for this genre. I don't doubt that myself, like many, will jump ship when other offerings become available and Mordhau struggles to keep up. If building the playerbase back up is their main priority, to quote Jax, then they are going to really be up against it soon when there are other games that can pull them in other than Mordhau.

There is this PC Game called Tempest. Essentially Pirate Ship Combat. Sail a Ship, Fight Enemies, get Gold, Upgeade your Ship, Repeat. But you see, a Game coming out sometime this Year called Skull and Bones is likely gonna put Tempest in it's Grave. Why? It's made my the same Devs who made AC Black Flag. In fact, that's the reason they are making it. Because so many loved the Pirate aspect they made a whole game dedicated to it.

Why do I bring that up?Becuase sooner or later... Mordhau will suffer the same fate. It's King right now... but there is a Army on it's way to take out the King, Lay Waste to his Kingdom and claim themselves as the King of Medieval Sword Fighting Game.

1 0
  • 19 Jan
 KMala

@TombstoneJack said:

the army thing is just the single player part, but there is a multiplayer as well.
there is also a first person view, 3rd person is just the default option (because it offers a better vision).
attack-wise bote games are quite same. different attack angles (but mount and blade has only four), feints, chambers, kicks.

the defense part is a bit different. in mordhaud you try to mess up the timing of your opponent. in mount and blade you try to mess up his parry angle.

personally, i like way of mount and blade a bit better. sure the animations are quite stiff but the combat has a better flow. in mordhau you miss your timing and then you stand there and can do nothing. i understand the reason why but it still does feel awkward.

Count 34 13
  • 19 Jan
 Galaxy

It's hard to find employees that share the same vision with the leaders of a company, and even more so employees that are capable of delivering quality work. Especially for a AAA game development studio, which Triternion has the potential of becoming. From what i've seen as someone who's been in contact with Triternion and as someone who has been helping grow the competitive scene, Tri is focused on adding more content and balance tweaks so that they retain the casual player base more. They have some big stuff planned for 2020 as far as I know so things are certainly not hopeless. The game has been out publicly for less than a year and it has been really successful, and the game numbers are up 35% in december and 20% in the last 30 days if you check steam charts. The numbers keep going up too. I think it's cause the winter sale they did brought in more people at a point in the game where there is much more to it than how Mordhau was over the summer/release. So if they keep adding more content and find a fun game mode, than do some free sales, the game would retain a lot more of its playerbase. I also think there needs to be some sort of infrastructure for newer players to get better at the game, i'm not sure how though.