Mordhau

So... still no women in Mordhau?

3 2
  • 16 Jan
 MrsThiccums

we were promised women and different races since the beginning, where are they? i know it's just a "cosmetic feature" and isn't really going to ruin immersion, but whats the hold up?

Knight 160 340
  • 17 Jan
 Sir Boring

Indie devs are always slow. There's a lot more than just those features that were promised in the Kickstarter and have yet to enter the game. I'm sure they know full well people want those things eventually, like many other things. They probably have it in their backlog, but definitely never expect an ETA.

12 21
  • 17 Jan
 Beyorlan

The number of things this game needs and the devs should prioritize over that is pretty large.

34 22
  • 17 Jan
 Lenin

For me it would ruin the immersion, so i still hope the devs do the smart thing, and stall this thing indefinitely until those weirdos shut the fuck up about woman and other races besides caucasian in a game about MEDIEVAL EUROPEAN WARFARE.

BUT if the devs are really this stupid, and destroy their own game, its up to the decent people providing modded servers, and of course there is still Chiv 2 on the horizon, so everything will be fine eventually.

158 198
  • 17 Jan
 The Bird

The Bird prefers battlefields where females are not present. Females should be seated atop their nests, not peking enemies in battle. The Bird has declared it so.

Bird

GetPekt

1697 1291
  • 17 Jan
 esturias

There are tons of more important things on the list.
And similar to comrade Lenin above me, I hope that it gets pushed down the list a few times. Not because it would ruin the immersion (If, out of all the silly things happening in this silly game, THAT would break your "immersion" and make you leave, you really need to see some kind of doctor), but simply because I fear that it would motivate people to do even more nonsense. And a little bit because I fear that the devs would add them a little bit too... eh... "Asian styled", looking like the females you see in all those crappy Asian MMOs...

34 22
  • 17 Jan
 Lenin

@esturias said:
There are tons of more important things on the list.
And similar to comrade Lenin above me, I hope that it gets pushed down the list a few times. Not because it would ruin the immersion (If, out of all the silly things happening in this silly game, THAT would break your "immersion" and make you leave, you really need to see some kind of doctor),

Why would i need to see a doctor, as you said there is enough silly immerison-breaking stuff already in the game, so need to add another one. For me personally this would ruin the experience even more. The biggest problem would be the voice acting.

"HAVE AT THEM BOYS!"

"HAVE AT THEM BOYS AND GIRLS!"

Its a no brainer which one is cooler.

2017 2104

@Lenin said:
Why would i need to see a doctor, as you said there is enough silly immerison-breaking stuff already in the game, so need to add another one. For me personally this would ruin the experience even more.

Game is officially dead now. As comrade Lenin pointed out immersion breaking was at it's limit. With the addendum of the 1411 they have gone too far.
As with everything this latest addition was of course a political statement and the devs showed their true colors! They let themselves get pressured by the fetishists to add out of context weaponry and killed their own game.

(Unfortunately Poe's law requires me to point out that this post is sarcastic.)

Knight 281 725
  • 17 Jan
 Iodine

Let people play as whatever they want, you weird incels

1697 1291
  • 17 Jan
 esturias

@Lenin said:
Why would i need to see a doctor, as you said there is enough silly immerison-breaking stuff already in the game, so need to add another one. For me personally this would ruin the experience even more. The biggest problem would be the voice acting.

"HAVE AT THEM BOYS!"

Adding females doesn't imply feministic gender equality nonsense.

And why would that certain feature be the last fat nail in the coffin for you, especially without even seeing it? Why would it be a worse immersion breaker than all the other nonsense?

btw: I find it funny how people always speak about "immersion" in a game like this one...
In my opinion, a term like that really doesn't fit to a game like this one.

34 22
  • 17 Jan
 Lenin

@esturias said:

And why would that certain feature be the last fat nail in the coffin for you, especially without even seeing it? Why would it be a worse immersion breaker than all the other nonsense?

Like i said, i cant think of any way how female voice lines would fit naturally in this environment of war. Yes the silly stuff and the cosplaying is sometimes to much, especially in deatch match servers. i agree, but still there are enough servers, where people play serious matches and have a somewhat believable fighting experience, mainly ranked and frontline/invasion. Hearing screeching harpies would definitely NOT improve that expierence. I personally want the game to be more immersive not less.

184 65
  • 17 Jan
 CazzyVR

@Lenin said:
For me it would ruin the immersion, so i still hope the devs do the smart thing, and stall this thing indefinitely until those weirdos shut the fuck up about woman and other races besides caucasian in a game about MEDIEVAL EUROPEAN WARFARE.

BUT if the devs are really this stupid, and destroy their own game, its up to the decent people providing modded servers, and of course there is still Chiv 2 on the horizon, so everything will be fine eventually.

Ok.. first off Woman could have been Knights back then but they were the Very Rare Exception not the Norm. This was a lot more Common in the Latter years of the Medieval Era.

Second... Medieval Europe Warefare? Dude this game is not Historically Accurate or worth being it. If you don't like woman on the Battlefield then... oh well. This game isn't Historically Accurate. If that was the Case then anyone in all T3 Armor would destroy the Battlefield as "Historically" Few weapons would be able to do some serious damage to them. AKA a Naked Man with just his fist wouldn't be able to kill them.

184 65
  • 17 Jan
 CazzyVR

@esturias said:

@Lenin said:

"HAVE AT THEM BOYS!"

btw: I find it funny how people always speak about "immersion" in a game like this one...
In my opinion, a term like that really doesn't fit to a game like this one.

To be fair since we have only Records and Second Hand Accounts of the Medieval Era it is Impossible to be "Accurate and Immersive" to the Games. Also it depends upon what Era of Medieval Era we are in. Many people don't realize the MEdieval Era spanned a long time and in fact was a ton of Era's mashed together. Are we talking Early to Pre-Renaissance? Are we talking the Stereotypical Medieval Era?

Basically I agree. Females should be added. Mainly cause there were a few cases of Female Knights and even some Lords would have trained his Female Servants to fight in case of a Breeched Castle. In fact Historical Plate Armor was designed in a way a Female would be able to effectively wear it. In fact I myself have provided many Videos that show Females could have been Knights and wear Plate Armor. But again they are the Very Rare Exception and not the Norm.

Also just as "Hey Guys" Is Gender Neutral doesn't mean they are gonna add "Have at them Boys and Girls". That was genuinely stupid to say and I think you are just stupid. They can effectively add Females without ruining your Precious Immersion.

Speaking of Immersion. I love how they run to the "BuT mAh ImMeRsIoN" when talks of Women come up. Any other time it's "Fuck the Immersion it's just a Game Bruh who cares about how Historically Accurate it is" (And don't you try to argue me on this cause you know damn well you do this). Just soemthign I've always noticed about this Community.

I will say this... Women should be added, but not now. They have a lot more Issues they need to fix, from Bugs, Game Breaking Glitches Ping Issues, Exploits, Balancing (they've actually been doing somewhat good in this front), more Content instead of a Money Grind for the next Armor that isn't gonna provide me any benefits other then looking fucking badass. Basically add them, but I'd rather them focus on fixing and Improving the Game over them being added. Just look at Cyberpunk 2077, CD ProjectRed would rather delay the Game so it's perfect when it comes out then release it possibly broken. As many have said, "A Delayed Game is always good, a Rushed game never works".

93 33
  • 18 Jan
 lordlemon

a princess or damsel in distress objective would be neat or female models for roleplay purposes but otherwise no thanks

199 263
  • 18 Jan
 Quenquent

Jax's answer on the subject

we just need to get around to them, as we'll have to do quite a bit of work on the art dept plus get voice actors. it's something we wanna do but it requires a lot of resources, and right now we're focused on big updates. as cool as female characters are, they won't bring a bunch of players back to the game, and getting our players back up is a big priority for us

51 29

Honestly if you're looking for other races outside of the standard European list, we'll need the armor variations of those nationalities first.

9 9
  • 19 Jan
 Spots

If you're playing this for "immersion" like you believe that you're actually getting some even moderately realistic experience then I don't know what to tell you .. XD

266 248
  • 19 Jan
 Cracksmith

Female characters are great and all, but i think it would be more pertinent to add fart noises, as this is the one i find most lacking in this otherwise perfect game.

20 9
  • 19 Jan
 GhostHippie

If they do add female models they better add them boob sliders and jiggle physics

51 29

@GhostHippie said:
If they do add female models they better add them boob sliders and jiggle physics

No ass slider?
Pleb taste.