Mordhau

Tips for Rogues

51 28

So I've started to enjoy myself running around and flanking with a light weapon and light armor but lots of gear and perks. Its pretty fun for me to run around behind enemy lines, start a chase on the rooftops, or torment a backline of archers and wounded and engineers.

But my KD is nothing good. Being a soft mobile Target is basically the games hardmode. I generally don't run friendly because of how much flanking I do and 2 handers have absolutely no consideration for teammates.

What are some fun tips for being a sneakthief?

Knight 337 777
  • 16 Jan
 AngelEyes

Cswic where art thou

66 63
  • 16 Jan
 xXLuxXx

You need gooood game sense and map awareness. You need to think about where youre going to get overwhelmed from and when you can shank people without a lot of retaliations. Fire bombs are awesome in team modes for objectives, but they are really awesome for splitting groups of people up too. It's much harder to fight multiple long range weapons with a small weapon so the area-control of firebombs really helps to reduce that. Don't be afraid to run. Its easy to do if you have an escape path (map awareness) and its usually unexpected going from total aggression to full on retreat.

1635 1210
  • 16 Jan
 esturias

The maps rarely allow sneaking around, most of them are too small. You need good map knowledge to be effective.

Use smokebombs and traps to cover your back.

Don't care about a good KD as long as you are doing something useful.

51 28

@esturias said:
The maps rarely allow sneaking around, most of them are too small. You need good map knowledge to be effective.

I've...noticed this sadly.
The only maps that really facilitate this are Xroads and the new Castle map. I especially like the new castle map. Everyone wants to fight at the ice place or the small hamlet though for "an easy win" however. These maps are just meat grinders designed to make the braindead LMB 2-handers salivate more on their keyboards more than usual.

I just really, really hope that some future consideration would be made towards solidifying some of the more uncanny or uncommon class archetypes too.

Conscript 92 153
  • 16 Jan
 Byzantine
  1. As some pointed out, get to know the map.
  2. Bear traps and smoke bombs are your friend.
  3. Get the cat perk for easier escapes.
  4. Use the terrain to your advantage (rooftops, houses, ladders etc.)
  5. When backstabbing enemies, aim for the head.
  6. Dodge perk is a waste of points, since you move exactly 1mm and their zweihanders have a reach of 5000 kms.
  7. Avoid crowded places.
  8. Have a ranged option (throwables, archery) to pick off enemies out of reach with huntsman perk, if you can afford it.
  9. Don't stay at one place
  10. Git gud with your puny 1 point weapons.
  11. Kick
  12. Invest in some light or medium armor.
  13. Wear a hood. Self explanatory.
66 63
  • 16 Jan
 xXLuxXx

@Byzantine said:

1. As some pointed out, get to know the map.
  2. Bear traps and smoke bombs are your friend.
  3. Get the cat perk for easier escapes.
  4. Use the terrain to your advantage (rooftops, houses, ladders etc.)
  5. When backstabbing enemies, aim for the head.
  6. Dodge perk is a waste of points, since you move exactly 1mm and their zweihanders have a reach of 5000 kms.
  7. Avoid crowded places.
  8. Have a ranged option (throwables, archery) to pick off enemies out of reach with huntsman perk, if you can afford it.
  9. Don't stay at one place
  10. Git gud with your puny 1 point weapons.
  11. Kick
  12. Invest in some light or medium armor.
  13. Wear a hood. Self explanatory.

Dodge can be used if you like it. I like Dodge on Dagger a lot for the forward dodges. Dodge gets a bad rep, but its really good on some loadouts.

34 21
  • 16 Jan
 Lenin

So essentially, you have to master the art of parkour ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUSAnpGfv0ß

Count 352 358

2/2/1 arming sword, bloodlust and dodge.

Fast enough, I annoyed and killed many bastards with that setup. If you try to use dagger for pure rogue style you won’t go far as this weapon is a secondary for archers or finisher for melee users (getting easily that one last hit for the kill).

Also as the others said, knowing the map and paying attention to groups to not get surrounded and killed like a dirty fly.

Dodge is useful, you just gotta know and understand when to use it. It’s not a get out of jail card. Makes a huge difference when you (mostly) got it.
Heavy weapons such as zwei are slow and you should punish them with your small weapon. Rush parry and punish.

249 226
  • 16 Jan
 Cracksmith

Use your body to dodge as much as possible, dont use the perk.
The cat perk is your friend, so is friendly.
If a large confrontation can be avoided, avoid it.
Pick your fights wisely.
Use your speed to your advantage when dealing with heavier opponents.

1951 2034

I used to play short spear, falchion, bandage, rush and enough armor to avoid being one-shot.

Short spear was good for the unavoidable team fights. Falchion is good for the fast assassination of unaware opponents, especially when they are not heavily armored. It's also dangerous enough to be a deterrent to swarming. Rush is great even with light weapons.

Bot weapons could be thrown if necessary and bandages are cheap and a good counter to archers.