Mordhau

Should Certain Weapons Trip?

51 26

Should certain weapons, if hitting unblocked, cause a trip effect similar to a beartrap? It would have to be a strike that hits the leg hitbox.

47 42
  • 13 Jan
 123mop

No.

Ragdolling is awful in this game, you cannot act at all. A trip effect would be equivalent to being hit 1-2 more times minimum. You could simply make the weapon do more damage to legs, or instakill legs. The effect would be the same.

Bear traps probably shouldn't ragdoll either, but instead just deal damage and root the person who walks over them.

51 26

@123mop said:
No.

Ragdolling is awful in this game, you cannot act at all. A trip effect would be equivalent to being hit 1-2 more times minimum. You could simply make the weapon do more damage to legs, or instakill legs. The effect would be the same.

Bear traps probably shouldn't ragdoll either, but instead just deal damage and root the person who walks over them.

Honestly I think there needs to be more ragdolling. Plus, it's already pretty hard to hit the leg hitbox unless you telegraph like mad or have a very long reach weapon. If you're getting hit to that then it's probably your own fault and you deserve to be ragdolled and have his five peasant-geared buddies come out and spam kicks.

1270 927
  • 13 Jan
 esturias

Hell no.
Not as long as that would be like an instant death.

47 42
  • 13 Jan
 123mop

Honestly I think there needs to be more ragdolling.

Oh. Move along folks nothing to see here, he's just trolling.

51 26

@123mop said:

Honestly I think there needs to be more ragdolling.

Oh. Move along folks nothing to see here, he's just trolling.

This game is already Monty Python, we need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

51 26

Actually, another idea.
Why not have it so certain attacks to the head have a chance if knocking someone out?

1270 927
  • 14 Jan
 esturias

Actually, no.
The game already is full if instant deaths you can't do much about, why add more of that?

49 51
  • 14 Jan
 RyMarq

The Trip isn't that bad an idea if getting up becomes radically faster into some sort of move-roll. Only weapons unable to follow up and with heavy damage might trigger it.

Would work if the combat system was just a bit more different, if blocks were maybe a bit more locational and leg damage was considerably worse.

1762 1828

IMPLEMENT DOULBE RAGDOLL FFS!

94 105
  • 14 Jan
 SoRoofless

I vote no, ragdolling is cancer