Mordhau

Gameplay Improvement Compilation List

• 28 Jan
 CarnifeX
This comment was deleted.
Knight 300 606
  • 29 Jan
 Duckalot

Stay on topic. You got a great thread here. Dont let this petty shit ruin it.

• 29 Jan
 esturias
192 248
  • 29 Jan
 Quenquent

Another suggestion : make Beartraps more effective against horses. They can be good against players right now, I saw people making them work nicely, but they are strangely weak against horses, especially when we consider how hard it is to have a horse hit a Beartrap.

• 29 Jan
 CarnifeX
1630 1207
  • 29 Jan
 esturias

@Quenquentthebabysitter said:
Another suggestion : make Beartraps more effective against horses. They can be good against players right now, I saw people making them work nicely, but they are strangely weak against horses, especially when we consider how hard it is to have a horse hit a Beartrap.

Yeah, but they shouldn't be used as a balancer/counter. Horses should still get a full redesign, so just let traps cause some minor damage and let the horse slow down for 5m. That should be it.

@CarnifeX said:
Guys like you and esturias are for sure the reason why so many players stopped writing in this forum,

I disagreed with many people on this forum, but you are the only one who got that butthurt.
But just for funsies: Would you please show me one single player who might have stopped writing on this forum because of anyone who ever disagreed with you?

Knight 5398 7349

Guys seriously ¿can't you duke it out in the other thread where he posted the same shit? Please stop derailing this one.

Knight 300 606
  • 29 Jan
 Duckalot

Deleted some useless crap. If you cant stay on topic you'll be suspended.

• 29 Jan
 CarnifeX
Knight 5398 7349

@esturias said:
The hitbox of falling/fallen players still isn't fixed. You still can't shoot and sometimes not even hit them with your weapon when they are on the ground.

This, last night I played a couple matches and happened to see quite some people falling from their horses or ragdolling from a fall. It's very difficult to tap ragdolling people with a ranged weapon, I often have to aim to the center of mass praying that I at least get a body shot instead of a leg shot. I don't think I have ever been able to land an easy headshot (as I should) in this scenario, not on purpose at least.

Duke 5545 13269
  • 29 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

i like this list, and the team has been looking at it too!

one thing i would like to suggest:

Heavy Quarterstaff - A slower more damaging version of the current "meme" Quarterstaff. The Quarterstaff would >sometimes be fitted with metal spikes and ferrules on the tips. This could justify increased stab damage in addition to higher >overall damage compared to the current Quarterstaff.

instead of this, a real brandistock. the brandi was an italian police/guard weapon fitted with a retractable blade.
in the normal mode it could be held further up in a fast-ish cut/stab mode with the spear point(s) which has good timings and okay damage, probably 3htk on full plate but decent against lower armor classes, maybe 1 headshot with cut/thrust and 1 stab to medium chest to kill for example, but not 2htk medium chest alone. Once again it would be relatively quick and have good windup/release etc. timings, so it would be similar to the short mode spear, but a little faster/weaker.
The alt mode would then retract the blade, and you'd grip the weapon back more, and with the visual addition of a few iron bits around the shaft, it would make sense as a chunkier quarterstaff with more anti-armor capability, but it wouldn't have great stabs.

Count 884 3292

Updated the list.

Ever since Jax's suggestion I can't get the word "Quarterstock" out of my head.

Knight 5398 7349

@Jax said:
i like this list, and the team has been looking at it too!

Heavy Quarterstaff - A slower more damaging version of the current "meme" Quarterstaff. The Quarterstaff would >sometimes be fitted with metal spikes and ferrules on the tips. This could justify increased stab damage in addition to higher >overall damage compared to the current Quarterstaff.

instead of this, a real brandistock. the brandi was an italian police/guard weapon fitted with a retractable blade.
in the normal mode it could be held further up in a fast-ish cut/stab mode with the spear point(s) which has good timings and okay damage, probably 3htk on full plate but decent against lower armor classes, maybe 1 headshot with cut/thrust and 1 stab to medium chest to kill for example, but not 2htk medium chest alone. Once again it would be relatively quick and have good windup/release etc. timings, so it would be similar to the short mode spear, but a little faster/weaker.
The alt mode would then retract the blade, and you'd grip the weapon back more, and with the visual addition of a few iron bits around the shaft, it would make sense as a chunkier quarterstaff with more anti-armor capability, but it wouldn't have great stabs.

Hey that idea is not half bad, sounds fun. But still, give me uh I mean us an actual quarterstaff.
Please.
Pretty please.
I beg you.

1630 1207
  • 30 Jan
 esturias

@Jax said:

Heavy Quarterstaff -

instead of this, a real brandistock.

Conscript 959 1939
  • 30 Jan
 ohshitsorry

BECAUSE IT'S HARD TO JUSTIFY ADDING NEW WEAPONS WHILE MAKING THEM fun and disctinct FROM EACH OTHER

192 248
  • 30 Jan
 Quenquent

This is the exact reasoning I have when people say "Add a Sabre". Only thing that could work is a 2-point Falchion.

Knight 5398 7349

Oh well then ¿could someone please tell me what's the identity and reasoning behind each and everyone of the like, 11 swords we have in the game? No one seems to ever complain about that.
Wathever the answer i'm sure it can be applied to other weapon families. Problem solved.

Count 884 3292

I like the suggestions to add a sabre, and feel it would fit nicely into the game, which is why I included it. I see potential in it.

For instance some ideas could be:

4pts and slightly longer than rapier or bastard sword (making it the longest 1 hander) but slightly slower than either.

Give it very good strike damage but low stab damage. Very strong against T1 and T2 (50+ damage against torso) but weak against T3 (4 HTK.)

Give it slightly higher stam drain but high miss cost, along with good wood damage values.

Give it the highest damage multiplier on horseback and against horses making it useful as an anti-cavalry 1 hander.

Hell you could even make the thing non-combo like the Executioners Sword and give it higher leg/head damage than other 1 handers.

Along with a throwable alt mode something like that sounds like a pretty unique weapon I'd like to use.

But if I had to choose between adding a Sabre or Heavy Quarterstaff (or even a Quarterstock™) to the game then the Bik-Stik wins.