Mordhau

Gameplay Improvement Compilation List

Count 884 3292

Updated: Apr 2nd 2020

Next patch ETA: ?

Since this list contains missing features / cosmetic glitches / suggestions etc. I am posting it here in General. It is a compilation of other players observations as well as my own.

Missing Features

• Held shield custom keybind option

• Custom keybind options for Upper / Lower stab angles (Once Lower stabs return from being patched out)

• Rcon

• Enhanced server browser information (player names in server etc.)

• Toggle crosshair keybind option

• Server browser "Recent" tab not working

• Toolbox deployable ballista damage values

• Bear trap damage values

• Thrown shield damage values

• Separate keybind options for jump / climb / dodge

• Grant an "assist counts as kill" for the person dealing the blow that triggers fleshwound

• Separate sensitivty sliders for melee and ranged (with a checkbox to apply ranged sensitivity only when drawing / aiming down sight)

Suggestions

General:

• Voice emote spam cooldown

• "K" mute should apply to lutes in addition to voice

• Add variations to current Frontline / Invasion maps

• Correct fire bomb / smoke bomb / rock aiming to be able to throw straight down from walls or windows and/or add a Right Click "short toss" function similar to grenades in a FPS.

• Additional server config control (disabling weapons, horses, items, etc.)

• Enhanced scoreboard which includes team damage, player (voice emote) mute function, and the
    ability to right click and initiate a vote kick

• Change projectile damage to T3 armor to a dynamic range based value. Something like: Below 7 meters damage against T3 is the same as current values, between 7 and 20 meters damage to T3 is 25%, over 20 meters no damage to T3 armor.

• Allow secondary or tertiary throwable weapons to be held in the left hand while using a 1 handed primary weapon. Any alt mode input automatically defaults to throwing the left hand weapon before initiating the primary weapon alt mode.

• Fix kill card info to diplay accurate HP and stam (exclude bloodlust and second wind from total)

• Halberd / Spear brace option (base of shaft on ground) for anti-cavalry defense

• Make upcoming patch movement slowdown ( Zwei, Halberd, Spear) when using T3 also apply to Maul

• Add an option to allow 240 input to snap to one of the 6 "angle wedges" resulting in the same strike angle as keybinds

• Greatly increase damage values against unarmored to reduce the viability of fast high damage meme loadouts (Tier 0 + Maul etc.) in team modes

• Fix inconsistent toolbox deployables on all maps (especially ballistas and barricades)

• Rework or remove Bloodlust perk

• Rework Maul and increase its point cost

• Balance Club head damage values

• Reduce horse collision box

• Increase footstep volume (general QOL improvement + would make Rat perk more relevant)

• Gate lever cooldown or other fix to prevent teammates trolling

• Map braziers should cause fire damage / ignite projectiles like the firepit

• QOL checkbox option to "Remember Grip" so upon respawn weapons default back to alt grip

• QOL checkbox option to "Return To Grip" when leaving ladders

• Allow chat at end of the round

• Add distance in meters for projectiles in killfeed

• Make enviromental spike sections on maps impale horses like deployable spikes

• Make smoke and fire bombs able to be held with shield

• Increase time before dropped ranged weapons disappear

• Improve ragdoll hitboxes

• Give an existing perk (such as cat) faster climbing speed

• Fix enemy bear traps being marked with an icon and visible when spectating a member of the enemy team

• Remove point rewards for destroying friendly structures

• Increase bear trap effectiveness to horses via slowed movement speed and/or increased damage

• Make Feitoria tower bell ringable

Audio:

• Audio option to disable successful hit bass THUMP

Separate audio volume sliders

What this suggested fix would look like:

• Master slider

• Effects slider

• Music slider

• Voice slider (optional "Enemies Only" checkbox)

• Lute slider

Weapons:

• Sabre - The sabre became widespread in Western Europe in the Thirty Years' War from 1618 - 1648 which to me personally leaves no doubt that it was in active use in the late 1500's, which places it within the same general time period as the rapier. It should have a very high damage multiplier on horseback. A solid 4pt 1 hander similar to bastard sword but with reduced stab damage / increased strike damage and a throwable alt mode.

• Heavy Quarterstaff - A slower more damaging version of the current "meme" Quarterstaff. The Quarterstaff would sometimes be fitted with metal spikes and ferrules on the tips. This could justify increased stab damage in addition to higher overall damage compared to the current Quarterstaff.

• Brandistock - A polearm dating back to the 16th century or earlier. Primary mode could be a grip higher on the shaft. Alt mode could retract blades to essentially create a Heavy Staff (Quarterstock?)

• Lucerne Hammer - Could be treated as a blunt equivalent of the Halberd, and not just a longer version of the maul.

• Flails - Both 1 and 2 handed versions

• Glaive - Similar to a Bardiche but shorter and faster. Taken from Wikipedia: "According to the 1599 treatise Paradoxes of Defence by the English gentleman George Silver, the glaive is used in the same general manner as the * quarterstaff, half pike, bill, halberd, voulge, or partisan. Silver rated this class of polearms above all other individual hand-to-hand combat weapons."

• Sling and Staff Sling

• Club - 1 and 2 handed versions

• Caltrops - An area denial weapon used before and during the medieval period. Good for slowing down troops, but they were especially useful against cavalry. Could function to damage infantry and to ragdoll horses.

• Parry Dagger / Sword Breaker - As functional left hand defensive weapons (similar to a buckler?)

• Brass knuckles

Toolbox Deployable:

• Trou de loup trap - A defensive obstacle used before and during the medieval period. It was a pit approx. 2 meters in width and depth with a sharpened wooden stake at the bottom. Only deployable on bare ground.

• Tripwire - Similar to bear trap but ragdolls enemies or groups of enemies causing low to no damage. (could perhaps instead cause stamina loss) - Could also slow down horses

• Rock baskets - The same as we currently have only deployable on ledges

• Oil Kettle - The same as we currently have only deployable on ledges

Emotes:

• Point emote - So we no longer have to fake it by feinting out of the "Throat Cut" emote

Cosmetic:

• Kilt and Great Kilt - The Great kilt dates back to at least the 16th century. Both should have a set generic tartan and 2 color customization options

• Bandana - Face mask style (works with or without hood) and a pirate "skullcap" style.

• Add more Tier 1 leg cosmetics

Cosmetic Clipping

I went through various combinations to find clipping issues. Here are the results for just the 0 tier leg + waist combinations. If the list below proves useful to the devs, and these clipping conflicts are actually fixed, I'll consider going through and compiling T1 T2 and T3 leg / torso / head etc. combinations for easy repair.

PANTS clip when paired with:

• Leather Skirt

• Gambeson Skirt No Belt

• Leather Lamellar Skirt

• Chainmail Skirt

• Longskirt Single

• Lamellar Skirt

WORKERS SHORTS clip when paired with:

• Crude Plate Skirt

• Leather Skirt

• Gambeson Skirt No Belt

BAGGY PANTS clip when paired with:

• Leather Skirt

• Nordic Skirt

• Gambeson Skirt No Belt

• Longskirt Single

WANDERERS SHORTS clip when paired with:

• Crude Plate Skirt

• Leather Skirt

• Nordic Skirt

• Gambeson Skirt No Belt

WANDERERS PANTS clip when paired with:

• Crude Plate Skirt

• Leather Skirt

• Gambeson Skirt No Belt

• Nordic Skirt

If anyone posts missing features / suggestions / etc. that I feel should be included or were overlooked I may edit them in.

Knight 300 606
  • 13 Jan
 Duckalot

-Rcon.

-The ability to see what players are on a server from the browser or via steam overlay.

-Ability to chat during the end screen of a match.

1613 1197
  • 13 Jan
 esturias

Uh. The forum is filled to the brim with good fixes and ideas and I really don't want to repeat them again. It's all there.
Kudos to you if you really want to collect them all in one thread.

One more: - a working and more informative scoreboard

188 241
  • 13 Jan
 Quenquent

I do like most of the suggestions here, but disagree with some :

Voice emote spam cooldown

I think spamming voice emote is part of the charm of the game, especially V. If voices are that annoying, there should be a better way to mute players spamming those instead.

Halberd / Spear brace option (base of shaft on ground) for anti-cavalry defense

Might be complicated, in term of key-binding, to add another alt-mode. And I might meme here, but it would be a bit complicated for new players.
But apparently, the devs are trying to find a way to make those works against horses, by having them get scared/jump when hit by a Spear.

Map braziers should cause fire damage / ignite projectiles like the firepit

If you can ignite with map braziers, effectiveness of the fire pit will be reduced. And I believe there's an other problem with the fire pit that deserves its own post.

Weapons:

Even if I'm open to suggestions, I think there's enough weapon variety right now. Sabre looks like a 4 point version of the Falchion and I don't see the point of having another Falchion and Quarterstaff.

Toolbox Deployable:

I honestly think the Toolbox have enough tools as it is, and having access to map deployables might break any form of balancing maps had. The idea of a Tripwire as a seperate weapon, however, could be nice to have.

Myself I would like to suggest :

• Being able to see the health and stamina of our killer BEFORE what they gain from killing us.
  • Tier 0 face cosmetics
  • A bandanna that you can actually use with hoods
Conscript 949 1928
  • 13 Jan
 ohshitsorry

@EatAtRedLobster said:

• Tripwire - Similar to bear trap but ragdolls enemies or groups of enemies causing low to no damage. (could perhaps instead cause stamina loss) - Could also slow down horses

god yes

Count 884 3292

Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

twire.png

If we pretend it is real long enough even the devs themselves might start to believe it.

Knight 5391 7341

I would add to that list of suggestions the ability to right click on player names on the scoreboard to open a menu and be able to start votekick from there for example.

I have to disagree with you Quenquen in that there's enough weapons in the game, not when there are over 10 types of swords but little variant of other weapon types and some higly requested ones still missing.
I obviously support the addition of a heavy quarterstaff or a rework of the current one. It could be make a bit thicker and have them metal shods/knobs/spikes
Like so:
owen-quarterstaff-180-cm.jpg
braced-staff.jpg
QuarterStaff.jpg
jost-quarterstaff-195-cm.jpg
c2b732aa3c8a17c32af70e5bba157d56.png
My god they are beautiful

To that list I would like to add

1613 1197
  • 14 Jan
 esturias

@Humble Staff said:
I have to disagree with you Quenquen in that there's enough weapons in the game, not when there are over 10 types of swords but little variant of other weapon types and some higly requested ones still missing.

Indeed. There is a good amount of variation, but still a lot of room for more. Especially regarding some truly different weapons.
Some more bow models (only visual) would be nice, too.

My god they are beautiful

I like the simple ones with a metal cap on each end and a nice leather wrap in the middle.
There are some perfectly straight robinia and blackthorn stems/shoots waiting for getting turned into nice staffs this year...

78 62
  • 14 Jan
 123mop

Separate keybind options for jump / climb / dodge.

Stats for thrown shield damage

Options for whether or not to automatically unequip your shield or draw your next weapon when you throw your last throwable or main weapon, or are disarmed of your weapon from chambering but not your shield.

Things I think would be cool to see:
Ability to hold a throwable or small weapon like a dagger in your second hand when using one handed weapons. So you could throw throwing knives or axes instead of your primary weapon, while holding both and still being able to fight as normal. Same thing for smoke and fire bombs.

Smoke and firebombs holdable with shield like throwing weapons are.

Option for smoke, firebombs, health packs, and bear traps to be immediately placed on pressing their hotkey, like a grenade in almost any shooter.

Knight 300 606
  • 14 Jan
 Duckalot

Add multiple variants to our current invasion/frontline maps.

"Camp, Day 1: Regular version, All weapons unlocked and full utility.

Camp, Day 2: All horses died during day 1, so they are disabled here. Siege weapons are also disabled.

Camp, Day 3: Archers have ran out of ammunition. -> Melee only. (Force full metal roughness on all loadouts >:D) Maybe change up the weather?"

Ezpz fix to add more variety without having to build a whole new map.

Count 884 3292

Updated the list.

Duckalot that excellent map variant idea strikes me as part 1 of 2 in easily implementing a campaign game mode.

242 217
  • 16 Jan
 Cracksmith

The devs could ignore all of these requests and i wouldnt care. So long as they add kilts. Thats all i want.

Knight 5391 7341
  • Fix the catapult shots getting exploded by any projectile that collides with them.
  • Stop making the fucking bows magically vanish after surviving a backstab and the following fight.
790 342

I like the obsession you have with those shafts.

242 217
  • 17 Jan
 Cracksmith

Yeah, humble LOVES a good shaft. The longer and harder, the better.

Knight 5391 7341

I don't like them too long tho, it becomes hard to maneuver and i want to make the most out of every single inch.

1 1

I'd like them to add a pirate style bandana/skullcap. My dread pirate Roberts loadout demands it.

242 217
  • 17 Jan
 Cracksmith

@RichardNixon said:
I'd like them to add a pirate style bandana/skullcap. My dread pirate Roberts loadout demands it.

Actually good idea tbh

Count 884 3292

Updated the list with additional suggestions.

We are definitely missing a pirate bandana.

790 342

I think the game needs a healing rework. I've suggested a couple things around that. Bloodlust is stupid and giving the good players even more of an edge over the 3 noobs he's trying to fight at once. I'm hating Mordhau for the same reason I hate Borderlands.

Another suggestion I made earlier, ist having a detailed server config, where 3rd party server admins could easily disable certain weapons and perks as they wish and autokick people with Vac bans for example. I'd even rent a server if I was allowed to just to mess with it and try different weapon lists. Maybe I'll make the first Peasant server that only allows peasant weapons :)
Give 3rd party server owners a tool to restrict weapons and perks please. No Firebombs and Engineers for example.