Mordhau

How can I report racist players

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

I have searched https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15378/when-will-reporting-be-taken-seriously/

'To report someone, contact a moderator here or on the Discord. You need to provide a link to their Steam profile, and some evidence of their misconduct'

How do you get someones steam profile ID in a Mordhau match to actually report them?

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

I found out by searching more, you can apparently use the 'playerlist' command by opening the console (`) to get a list of players with actual steam IDs. Hopefully this helps someone if the future as its hard to find all the information about how to report someone properly in one place.

It would be great if this information was more readily available instead of having to search forums.

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

So on the Discord, https://discordapp.com/channels/275436245318893568/571464704011272213, there is no obvious place to report racist players to. I can see one moderator has the title 'Report cheaters to mods with evidence and steam profile', only mentions cheating specifically.

So are we meant to randomly message moderators until one looks into it? Is there no form we can submit on https://mordhau.com anonymously? I just want to make sure I am not missing something because surely this can't be right?

Knight 83 105
  • 12 Jan
 Josh

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/14506/mordhau-official-server-rules

The above link has the rules for official servers and explains that you genuinely do just DM a mod on discord to report people breaking the rules on official servers. On non-official servers it's probably up to the admins of those servers.

If you do report someone, then try to record a video where you show what they did and display the result of playerlist and press tab to display the server name in the video. This way the mods can be sure that you are accusing the correct player and that it was in an official server.

I can't say how reliable it is to get things done about the people you report though, I've had some mods respond to reports while others haven't. Also, if you're reporting for "Racism, prejudice and offensive content", then each mod will likely have a different level of tolerance for those kinds of things and may not agree that it's worth acting on.

2406 4883
  • 12 Jan
 Maci

lmao

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

@Josh
Thanks for the response. What if I don't have a discord account and don't want to create one? (When I bought the game there was nothing about creating a discord account)

You have to message a DM directly and there is no easy way of anonymously reporting people without creating throw-away discord accounts? What if any of the moderators are the culprit or their friends? With the extent of toxicity I have seen I am genuinely worried that if i report it to the wrong Mod, I may end up being the one with a ban. Do you know of anyway we can report to steam / valve directly instead if Mordhau don't have the resource to deal with it?

You can see I already have people on this thread trying (Maci) to put me off doing it.

Could you also please clarify the evidence required, you specifically say 'video' if I send a screenshot of playerlist with someone with a racist name will it be dealt with or am I wasting my time? Saying video specifically may put people of from doing it, as who has screen recording software?

It would be great if the summary you posted could be pinned in these forums and the Mordhau discord, there seems to me no reason to me to make it so difficult for people to find this information out.

@Maci I really hesitated starting this thread, is it worth it or not. Searching around anyone who even try's to start a conversation about this topic gets loads of reply's like yours and obvious non starters like 'hide the chat'. If it makes you laugh, laugh away. the racists are an extreme niche of the playerbase. I am only replying to you so hopefully other players that are too scared to anything due to scrutiny from people like you may see this thread and not be as scared.

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

@Maci Man I checked out your posts were you try and rag on ones like mine and make any legitimate concerns sound like extreme liberal Whiteknight propaganda. You have to understand its a spectrum & I don't think what you do helps the situation in away shape or form. It may be a quick laugh, I get it, i used to find some of that stuff funny, but it has a deeper impact on the community at large. IDC if you just re-post this on w/e forum you use to show how you trolled people, its worth a try occasionally to get them/you to understand but you probably won't.

Not everyone should be upset by every little thing, most people understand that don't make out like your the only one. I am on about blatant racist usernames and stuff like that in this thread.

Knight 83 105
  • 12 Jan
 Josh

Outside of Discord you could try private messaging mods through these forums (though I have only contacted them through Discord), or through Steam you can report profiles in the standard way (View their profile, click the "More" dropdown, then "Report Profile") and explain what the player did, though I don't know how often this results in action, or if the report gets forwarded to Mordhau devs/mods.

I don't think there's gonna be much support for anonymous reporting as that can be spammed, plus you'll be less trusted if you're anonymous. But I doubt you have to worry about getting banned, unless you're clearly trying to get someone else falsely banned. If you're reporting for offensiveness, then the worst that's gonna happen is a mod might say that they don't think it's offensive enough to be bannable.

As for requirements, what I suggested is just my personal recommendation. Having a video with all that information in it leaves very little doubt about what happened, whereas images could be more easily altered and it's easier to pretend that a user in a screenshot is a user that you link via steam profile. I'm not sure how much logging they do server side, or how willing they are to go through those logs (so that they can match up text you report with what was actually said in-game), but screenshots and steam profiles are probably still better than nothing.

If it's an offensive username, then you're probably better off reporting their steam profile, since those usernames will appear in all their Steam names so it's not specifically a Mordhau issue.

The rules I linked are pinned in the "General Discussion" section of these forums.

Conscript 845 1730
8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

@Josh
Thank you very much, amazing answer, covered everything. (Only thing I would maybe disagree with anonymous reporting. I can see what you mean but if there's good enough evidence they should act no matter who it comes from & it will reduce the barrier to people reporting)

Thanks again for your reply & I think based on this I will be using the built in steam reporting via the profile in future now I know how to get their steamId as its mainly peoples display names I want to report for.

Glad to see there are normal people playing Mordhau, there is hope yet :)

1270 927
  • 12 Jan
 esturias

What Josh said.
Just try your luck with PM'ing a mod - if it's worth the effort. But you always need the steam name and some evidence.

And ignore the others. This playerbase is well known for not being very smart or mature, especially regarding topics like this one.
Similar to the others, one guy would pop up in these kinds of threads and post "WORDS". Ironically, his "WORDS" got him banned now. :P

8 3
  • 12 Jan
 Maze

I'm just glad something can actually be done about it. I'll take your advise, I shouldn't reply to trolls. Cheers

49 17

@Maze said:
I'm just glad something can actually be done about it. I'll take your advise, I shouldn't reply to trolls. Cheers

You can dm us here, but in discord you will get a faster response

https://discordapp.com/invite/Mordhau

2406 4883
  • 12 Jan
 Maci

@Maze said:
@Maci Man I checked out your posts were you try and rag on ones like mine and make any legitimate concerns sound like extreme liberal Whiteknight propaganda. You have to understand its a spectrum & I don't think what you do helps the situation in away shape or form. It may be a quick laugh, I get it, i used to find some of that stuff funny, but it has a deeper impact on the community at large. IDC if you just re-post this on w/e forum you use to show how you trolled people, its worth a try occasionally to get them/you to understand but you probably won't.

Not everyone should be upset by every little thing, most people understand that don't make out like your the only one. I am on about blatant racist usernames and stuff like that in this thread.

So you turned from someone with common sense who isn't offended by everything for the sake of being offended to some crybaby and now try to wrap this up and backseat sell it to me as becoming an adult lmao

You see, I do not frequent Leddit or wherever the likes of you come from, I also don't do le ebin ownage posting or whatever kind of shit you are trying to imply here. I'm just someone a little less retarded with just a little bit more common sense left than the likes of you.

And also
"""spectrum""" lmao

Duke 5528 13173
  • 13 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager
  • screenshot chat
  • copy steam profile of offender
  • optional but nice, screenshot playerlist as well
  • send to moderator here or on discord (discord is preferred)
1762 1828

@Maci said:
I'm just someone a little less retarded with just a little bit more common sense left than the likes of you.

Common sense isn't really common at all and very subjective. It's more or less only common in a specific culture. Because of that appeals to common sense appear very disingenuous to me most of the time.

And I agree that spectrum isn't the best choice of words on a forum which uses autism as the default insult.

• 13 Jan
 Cracksmith
This comment was deleted.
2406 4883
  • 13 Jan
 Maci

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Maci said:
I'm just someone a little less retarded with just a little bit more common sense left than the likes of you.

Common sense isn't really common at all and very subjective. It's more or less only common in a specific culture. Because of that appeals to common sense appear very disingenuous to me most of the time.

And I agree that spectrum isn't the best choice of words on a forum which uses autism as the default insult.

ok autist

1762 1828

You spelled artist wrong, you sperg. ;)