Mordhau

Bravo on Patch 16 shield fix

14 1

Very well done now the shield works by blocking hits and I can strike back after! Great job!

48 48
  • 12 Jan
 RyMarq

Its fine in some ways, but if they are going to nerf raised shield to this degree, they should just remove it. Its obnoxiously garbage and removed all ability for shield to be a valid 1v1 choice. I am not saying it should be strong there, but the shield be an active disadvantage is not really tolerable for me.

Just allow shield to be held up for longer than usual or something, the feature is so bad in its current state its a trap.

Count 274 314

@RyMarq said:
Its fine in some ways, but if they are going to nerf raised shield to this degree, they should just remove it. Its obnoxiously garbage and removed all ability for shield to be a valid 1v1 choice. I am not saying it should be strong there, but the shield be an active disadvantage is not really tolerable for me.

Just allow shield to be held up for longer than usual or something, the feature is so bad in its current state its a trap.

The whole point of the changes is to force the users to actually play the game and not deny 90% of the melee system.
Because yes if it stayed like it was before you’d miraculously see a significant improvement on your k/d. Which isn’t deserved in the first place.

You already get less stamina drain with it, adding op parry mode was too much.

48 48
  • 13 Jan
 RyMarq

@✵ Legate Lanius ✵ said:

@RyMarq said:

The whole point of the changes is to force the users to actually play the game and not deny 90% of the melee system.
Because yes if it stayed like it was before you’d miraculously see a significant improvement on your k/d. Which isn’t deserved in the first place.

You already get less stamina drain with it, adding op parry mode was too much.

Shields cost more stamina to block with.

Now, yes with the auto-riposte, the shield wall is in theory useful, but only in group fights. There needs to be a way to trigger it usefully in a duel scenario or the shields are just dead weight in a ton of encounters.

41 17

Only in a video game would people not use shields.
Also only in a video game would people think a stick of hardwood six feet long is somehow weak.

At least I can use throwing knives at platemail.

1247 1912

Active parry buff please.

Count 274 314

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Active parry buff please.

Please no more force shield again, or rectal parry...

1247 1912

There's already rectal parries.

I've never seen more anal parries in the game than in this patch.

If rectal parries are fixed then a buffed active parry for shields wouldn't be so bad, especially when one handers are easily flanked and out ranged anyways.

It would just mean they are less likely to be instantly banished by executioner gambles or trades in Frontline... They would get mindlessly swatted away still, but not as fast.