Mordhau

Can I Have a Plague Doctor Mask

51 26

Please?
I want to run around and throw leeches as a thrown, ranged healing item.

1270 927
  • 12 Jan
 esturias

Doesn't fit into the game.

Knight 154 335
  • 12 Jan
 Sir Boring

Lots of Chiv vets asked for one long before release. Never got an answer though. 😔

Conscript 845 1730
  • 12 Jan
 ohshitsorry

I think it would be nice as a high level unlockable

94 105
  • 13 Jan
 SoRoofless

I’d love to see this in game

1270 927
  • 13 Jan
 esturias

We don't have anything in the game that would speak for the addition of those masks. No lore, no atmosphere, nothing.
And just imagine how stupid it would look, if we had random players running around with that thing.

51 26

@esturias said:
We have a lot in the game that would speak for the addition of those masks. Tons of lore, atmosphere, and more!
And just imagine how hilarious it would look, if we had random players running around with that thing.

Fixed that for you, you plague-ridden knave.
thumb_black-death-could-return-global-warming-releases-lethal-microbes-from-45355731 (1)_2.png

94 105
  • 14 Jan
 SoRoofless

Tons of other shit in the game looks stupid already. Plus plague doctor stuff is historically relevant. Lore can’t be an argument since there’s already zero lore

1270 927
  • 14 Jan
 esturias

@SoRoofless said:
Plus plague doctor stuff is historically relevant.

For knights and other military units? No, not at all. That "stuff" was used by few special doctors, not knights. And we don't have a medic/doctor class, we just have guys throwing around medkits.
You can twist and turn it as much as you want - it doesn't fit and would just look stupid.

If we get a medic class in the future, with some special equipment bound to it for better recognition, I'd be ok with it. Even if we still have nothing that "explains" it. But as long as every idiot would be allowed to run around with a rather special piece of equipment like that... no. No, thanks.

51 26

@esturias said:

@SoRoofless said:
Plus plague doctor stuff is historically relevant.

For knights and other military units? No, not at all. That "stuff" was used by few special doctors, not knights. And we don't have a medic/doctor class, we just have guys throwing around medkits.
You can twist and turn it as much as you want - it doesn't fit and would just look stupid.

If we get a medic class in the future, with some special equipment bound to it for better recognition, I'd be ok with it. Even if we still have nothing that "explains" it. But as long as every idiot would be allowed to run around with a rather special piece of equipment like that... no. No, thanks.

And having people running around with heavy armor only on the head is? Or using throwing knives against people in plate? Or a slash based kitchen knife three shotting plate wearers? I don't think we can use historical relevance as an argument with this game.

1270 927
  • 14 Jan
 esturias

You are talking about the wrong use or balance of items that perfectly fit into the game.
I'm talking about the existence of an item that doesn't fit into the game.

You can turn and twist it as much as you want - it doesn't fit. Why not ask for the addition of venetian masks, too?

94 105
  • 14 Jan
 SoRoofless

Glad to see that the fun police is out in full force. Also glad that the original poster is arguing against adding the thing he asked for originally.

1270 927
  • 15 Jan
 esturias

@SoRoofless said:
Glad to see that the fun police is out in full force.

That depends on your understanding of "fun".
Again: What about Venetian masks for armored knights? Jester outfits, so that the trolls don't need to run around naked? Or maybe a ruff collar? Would look lovely on plate armor.

51 26

@esturias said:

@SoRoofless said:
Glad to see that the fun police is out in full force.

That depends on your understanding of "fun".
Again: What about Venetian masks for armored knights? Jester outfits, so that the trolls don't need to run around naked? Or maybe a ruff collar? Would look lovely on plate armor.

All of these are good things.
They could use the "historically accurate" plague doctor mask if they want. But I like my birb beaks.
1b96848aa03796f40c049c3b3983a01d.jpg

94 105
  • 15 Jan
 SoRoofless

I would consider all of those things fun

Knight 154 335
  • 16 Jan
 Sir Boring

Maul
Peasant
Giant Club
Carrot
Gun
No shirt, no pants and heavy helmet
Fleshwound
King Objective Giants
Naked men with oilpots making goofy laughter

Stop using realism as an argument in a game filled with goofy material. You make it seem like you haven't even played the game before and frankly makes you look pretty stupid. This has been argued time and time again and literally makes no sense. The current state of the game is not realistic at all, so stop acting like it is.

Plague doctor masks would not even come close to the most unrealistic, unfitting thing in this game. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is more realistic than this game in terms of setting, lore and atmosphere, and even that game had plague doctor masks, pumpkins, skeletons and Christmas hats with no issues whatsoever.