Mordhau

"Swing-through" Feature is fantastic

117 115
  • 11 Jan
 The Bird

The Bird wishes to thank the development team for this excellent feature. Instead of causing more team damage, it seems to have decreased it, as fools no longer have an incentive to body block team swings to take their kills. As a result, in the last 4 matches that the Bird has flown, fools have spread out and fought their own opponents. Only in one instance did an unintelligent form of life start wildly swinging a Zweihander, and he was votekicked with the same % of team damage that most had before this experiment.

The Bird bids thee not remove this experimental feature. This is excellent and brings much joy to the feathery soul of this Bird. Many thanks.

Bird

BirdPraise

FeatherofApproval

GetPekt

5 4
  • 11 Jan
 thecamguy

I agree, I've seen noticeably less team damage when I played about a dozen games last night. It makes killing one enemy with a group of your own team so much less clumsy. With the old system, someone might hit their own team 2-3 times before they finally hit the target (or they just give up and walk away).

117 115
  • 12 Jan
 The Bird

@thecamguy said:
I agree, I've seen noticeably less team damage when I played about a dozen games last night. It makes killing one enemy with a group of your own team so much less clumsy. With the old system, someone might hit their own team 2-3 times before they finally hit the target (or they just give up and walk away).

The Bird has long hypothesized this would be the case.

Bird

GetPekt

1452 4050

im glad your all enjoying it mean while im having teammates wildly flailing into each other to kill one guy or having enemys swing through each other just to smack me just like bastard form of shooting through your cover in space invaders

117 115
  • 12 Jan
 The Bird

@TombstoneJack said:
im glad your all enjoying it mean while im having teammates wildly flailing into each other to kill one guy or having enemys swing through each other just to smack me just like bastard form of shooting through your cover in space invaders

This was a common problem before, and will continue to be regardless of the hit stop. At least now the target dies faster.

Bird

GetPekt

3 1
  • 13 Jan
 λze

What could possibly be worse than getting hit by your team? ..... 1 idiot hitting 3 of your teammates with 1 swing because of cleave.

This is trash. People just need to learn to stab or overhead swing in a cluster fight. If you cant control your swings then dont fight in a cluster it really is as simple as that.

The solutions really are simple.

• turn off team damage.
  • lower team damage to 25% by default and 10% with perk
  • force high team damaging players to have friendly perk
Count 274 314

Not a fan of this change, I saw a significant increase in TKs. Seems some of you had a different experience though.

@λze said:
The solutions really are simple.

• turn off team damage.
  • lower team damage to 25% by default and 10% with perk
  • force high team damaging players to have friendly perk

Team damage is a core part of the gameplay, no reason to go, people just need to get their shit together.

Lowering the damage too much would make the friendly perk pointless tbh, and it’s not used very much except for specific and niche builds.

Forcing perks or a specific way to play on players is bad design. Even more so nowadays with games promoting freedom of choice.

Knight 671 1045
  • 13 Jan
 VampireDuck

people should just learn to not be retarded, then we can have team damage on 100% like it should be.

41 17

I've just accepted my fate of being tk'ed into oblivion to make my already abysmal KD even lower because I have most if not all my builds as light armor.

Even with friendly.

109 129

I have mixed opinion on the change.

On one side, it does make 1vX harder, which is a good thing in my opinion, and people that were running in with their big sword and naked body are now getting melted down in seconds instead of staying alive for ever killing half the team while your teammates couldn't get him due to everyone hitting each other.

On the other, the big part of skill of 1vX is now impossible to reach, and teamfights are absolute chaos. And not the fun kind of chaos. I have seen people simply swinging madly in the middle of their team just in hope to hit something.

But worst of all : I've surprised myself exploiting this to my advantage. Hitting through teammates just to get one guy. And I think elements of Xv1 and teamfights is gone : learning to not hit teammates and positioning.

In my opinion, this last one is the reason I do not like the change. I can't imagine the madness in SKM mode or more competitive team modes now...

1247 1912

To be honest, I don't think team damage should be reduced at all except by perk.

Not like getting hit by team mates in a light build wasn't already a death sentence anyways. People with high team damage should get kicked and will learn to play better.

I also think attacks should be flinched by team mate's swings.

109 129

I also think attacks should be flinched by team mate's swings.

Imagine the trolling with the training sword. You don't tk but you keep on interrupting them.

1747 1788

Sounds like the training sword should be an exception then.

109 129

That's more moving the problem further rather than solving it. If it's not the Training Sword, it will be Longsword with Friendly, or Quaterstaff to stun-lock one teammate.

It enables too much trolling to be added imo

1247 1912

The trolling is already there. Just hit them back and/or votekick. If they troll with a quarter staff for flinch hit them back with your actual sword for full damage.

Maybe it's extreme but I would rather the game be a bit too hardcore than too dumbed down. Especially in group fights.

Knight 154 333
  • 16 Jan
 Sir Boring

Mordhau devs be like
"Remember when we would get vanguard charged by 3 people at once in Chiv and see them kill all their teammates?"
"Yeah or when they would vanguard charge through 2 teammates just to kill me?"
"Yeah let's add that"

117 115
  • 16 Jan
 The Bird

@Sir Boring said:
Mordhau devs be like
"Remember when we would get vanguard charged by 3 people at once in Chiv and see them kill all their teammates?"
"Yeah let's add that"

Your sarcasm is of low quality and should be done away with immediately. This is a learned talent which you have not yet acquired. The Bird bids you work at this.

BirdDisapproval

GetPekt

Bird

21 12

@Sir Boring said:
Mordhau devs be like
"Yeah let's add that"

lol i agree, this hitstop shit is too retarded, and every filthy casual here likes it, cuz they don't understand the implications it is causing.

126 43
  • 16 Jan
 CazzyVR

@The Bird said:

@Sir Boring said:
Mordhau devs be like
"Yeah let's add that"

Your sarcasm is of low quality and should be done away with immediately. This is a learned talent which you have not yet acquired. The Bird bids you work at this.

BirdDisapproval

GetPekt

Bird

You are without a doubt my most favorite person on the Forum.

I worship The Bird!

Count 274 314

@CazzyVR said:

@The Bird said:

@Sir Boring said:
Mordhau devs be like
"Yeah let's add that"

BirdDisapproval

GetPekt

Bird

You are without a doubt my most favorite person on the Forum.

I worship The Bird!

Makes me hungry for chicken