Jax — Community Manager

@Earraigh said:
aka another patch without the Round Viking Shield

clipping and animation issues are preventing us from adding it :(

158 198
  • 12 Jan
 The Bird

@123mop said:
So far I'm in favor of disabled team hitstop. It makes 1vXing easier and is net neutral for friendlies since they won't charge in to block your attacks either.

Kicking for throwables and ranged weapons is a great no brainer change. I'd love to see the same added for bandages and health packs. In a similar vein I'd like to see fire pots and smoke pots be holdable in one hand with a shield in the other like javelins and throwing knives.

The Bird believes the removal of hitstop to be a success as well. This seems to have trained the less-intelligent lifeforms that running into swings to steal teammates' kills is not productive, as the teammate will still strike the intended target, and deal great damage to them as well. This is an excellent update. The Bird approves.

Bird

GetPekt

FeatherofApproval

8 5
  • 12 Jan
 Slyder73

Why are toolboxes being changed to build faster, with no changes to destroying the buildings or reduction to repairing? This one seems like a big mistake. A builder could already throw down constructions faster than someone could land a hit on all of them, so they could build a wall directly in front of you and you couldn't do anything about it. Same to repairing, where they can sit and repair their barricades and you need two or more people with wrecker to break them down. Sometimes that isn't even possible. Sitting around hitting wooden walls to occupy a builder and allow someone else to break a wooden wall elsewhere is not engaging or fun gameplay.

But it is strategic and encourages a team to work together. This is good.

78 62
  • 13 Jan
 123mop

@Slyder73 said:

Why are toolboxes being changed to build faster, with no changes to destroying the buildings or reduction to repairing? This one seems like a big mistake. A builder could already throw down constructions faster than someone could land a hit on all of them, so they could build a wall directly in front of you and you couldn't do anything about it. Same to repairing, where they can sit and repair their barricades and you need two or more people with wrecker to break them down. Sometimes that isn't even possible. Sitting around hitting wooden walls to occupy a builder and allow someone else to break a wooden wall elsewhere is not engaging or fun gameplay.

But it is strategic and encourages a team to work together. This is good.

A squad of maybe 5 engineers with smoke pots and optimal repairing loadouts could barricade the warden into the ammo room on the basement of Grad, and never allow any enemies to enter. It's strategic, it's teamwork, and it's also terrible gameplay. 5 members of a team working together making it impossible for the other team to win even if all 32 of them are working together should be an obvious problem. We already see people doing something similar with an engineer or two for the commander in the left watchtower, and it's a terribly frustrating thing to play against. You need players with loadouts specifically tailored to destroy barricades sitting and doing nothing but attacking the barricades in more locations than the defenders have repair engineers in order to break in.

2 0
  • 17 Jan
 CAHROHL

Every time i launch the game it crashes and says i dont have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for the crash. Why is this? How can I fix this? I've already tried validating the game files 3 times, unistall it and re install it, and nothing works. I tried setting the launch options in steam as -dx12, but that didnt help. Anybody know why this is?

2021 2108

Is this a new problem for you or has it always been like that?

156 238
  • 18 Jan
 elToroGuapo

@^--^ Maximus ^--^ said:
Disabled team hitstop for strikes (Experimental) i think this is an awful experimental change because currently there are a lot of new players and TK in frontline/invasion is veyr common as most new players only swing and this would make it even worse, so lets hope I'm wrong or that you guys would change this next patch or patch fix

i just login to up vote this, hitstop on allies is the most retarded thing on videogames history.

1697 1292
  • 18 Jan
 esturias

@elToroGuapo said:
i just login to up vote this, hitstop on allies is the most retarded thing on videogames history.

You totally spent a few moments to think about that statement before posting here, to make sure that you don't post something highly exaggerated or stupid, right?

2 0
  • 18 Jan
 CAHROHL

this just started happening last week

2021 2108

@elToroGuapo said:

I don't know. I can come up with plenty of more retarded things, e.g. Diablo: Immortal, Fallout 76, Horse Armor DLC, UPlay, couched carrots that one-shot, ...

1697 1292
  • 18 Jan
 esturias

Played a few matches this evening.
Performance was quite good (edit: On the first server. Second one was pretty bad again.), so I was even able to play a bit melee. Lots of teamdamage, lots of teamkills. That hitstop removal is just stupid.
Trolls and saboteurs in every single match but one. One kinda balanced and really fun match, the rest completely unbalanced and rather meh. In both Invasion matches on Grad2 we had some red guy killing the commander.

1 4
  • 19 Jan
 FirePig

PLEASE READ MY OFFER.

Game should hide level of players.

I recently reached LVL 100 and after that game turned into a real hell.When I play just for fun (with pans, stones, fists, or maybe an archer), players start whining and insulting me."- Where are your frags? You're nub. Your mommy is ♥♥♥♥♥..." This is the FIRST reason.

SECOND reason: when players see other players with high levels, they often sit in spectators to wait in line to enter the team with the same high-level guys. What's even more fun, guys with high levels do same! And in almost any game there is just wild imbalance.

By the way, after second reason,first also begins. Lol.

How solve this problem and not lose old players? Easy, just need hide level in scoreboard (TAB button).

I often talked with old players, and this is main reason why they deleted game forever.

PS: I hope that at least one developer of this game reads this and discusses my proposal with colleagues. Because it becomes impossible to play Mordhau.

2 3

This game sucks ass. Please god nerf my executioner sword into the ground further that would be great. I'm convinced these fuckwit devs have yet to even use this weapon because if they did they would realize that the enemy can parry twice if you feint them. imagine getting a beautiful chamber off and follow up with a perfect feint and another attack. Now imagine your enemy throwing a parry up at your feint. He has left himself wide open for a swing right? Nope not at all actually because retards decided the exec wasn't slow enough so they increased the windup and turncap to give your opponent enough time to parry a second time totally negating any use of the chamber, feint, or morph.

P.S. Fuck you

1697 1292
  • 19 Jan
 esturias

@BludgeonedFawn said:
This game sucks ass.

Why don't you stop playing then and use the free time for something else, like growing up?

Knight 321 611
  • 19 Jan
 Duckalot

When ppl dont realize executioner sword was one of the most broken weapons for at least duels thanks to its drags and fast accells...

298 144
  • 19 Jan
 CarnifeX

@FirePig said:
PLEASE READ MY OFFER.

Game should hide level of players.

I recently reached LVL 100 and after that game turned into a real hell.When I play just for fun (with pans, stones, fists, or maybe an archer), players start whining and insulting me."- Where are your frags? You're nub. Your mommy is ♥♥♥♥♥..." This is the FIRST reason.

SECOND reason: when players see other players with high levels, they often sit in spectators to wait in line to enter the team with the same high-level guys. What's even more fun, guys with high levels do same! And in almost any game there is just wild imbalance.

By the way, after second reason,first also begins. Lol.

How solve this problem and not lose old players? Easy, just need hide level in scoreboard (TAB button).

I often talked with old players, and this is main reason why they deleted game forever.

PS: I hope that at least one developer of this game reads this and discusses my proposal with colleagues. Because it becomes impossible to play Mordhau.

happens to me every time when i play,
you can go silent as much in the chat,
i mostly play without any feints, morphs and nearly always only with drags and accels
and still you get hated for the lvl(197), being a tryhard and shiz like that.. even when i dont care winning or just trolling around

i dont really care about that trigger-attempt - it only starts to bother when they try to votekick you for being a high lvl player..
which is always the case after a while

your team lost- its your fault
your team win - its your fault
its all your fault..

1430 2175

@Duckalot said:
When ppl dont realize executioner sword was one of the most broken weapons for at least duels thanks to its drags and fast accells...

But it's really bad at feinting, please buff.

94 34
  • 20 Jan
 lordlemon

Not a fan of the removal of team hitstop but I'm loving the jump kick:)

2 10
  • 21 Jan
 SQUERCH

The team hitstop change nerfs 1vX strats hard by allowing far more hits through to you. It adds randomness to your deaths because wind ups can be totally hidden, reducing the skill cap. Attackers no longer need to position themselves strategically so they just mob up and spam. People are learning to hide their swings behind friendlies and it will only get worse.

This is a vote for reverting the change.

78 62
  • 21 Jan
 123mop

I would rather die because the enemies are intentionally hitting through each other and using their allies to hide attacks than because they're accidentally hitting each other and being interrupted because of it. That causes me to miss a parry and then take 1 or more hits from the other players attacks landing a moment later. There is also a very clear cost of health for the enemy if they're using the swing through strategy.

Intentional plays > accidental mid swing feints