Mordhau

Crash upon startup

4 0
  • 10 Jan
 EmilyBlunt

Game crashes upon startup, cannot play anymore whatsoever. Cannot send a bug-report because the button remains greyed out even if I type in stuff into the description text-area.

Updated the drivers, reinstalled the game, removed %APPDATA%/local/Mordhau, checked File Integrity.

Game has been working for 60 hours last year, haven't played in quite some time and wanted to come back. Now it crashes.

874 375

Quote from another thread:

@PC_Principal said:
Give more info about:

• your hardware
  • windows version
  • directx and video driver
  • do you overclock? if yes, are you using any overclocking software?
  • are you using mods?

Also make sure to:

• uninstall mods (if you habe none installed, delete the "modio" folder in "Mordhau/mordhau/plugins" and verify files after)
  • close CCCleaner if you use that
  • start steam as admin
  • try windowed and borderless windowed mode and see if you can change resolution or other settings ingame
  • also try furiously hitting alt + tab before the game crash or press f11
  • see if you can find anything useful in an older thread with a similar issue
  • try installing microsoft visual studio 2015 (morhau has folders for it, seems to be using it, might not be able to install correctly)
4 0

Specs:

• Win 10 64-Bit
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • 16GB RAM
  • Radeon RX 580

I am not quite sure what you want from directx, but in any case as was stated perviously I use the most recent AMD drivers. I do not overclock, I do not use any mods. CCleaner is not running, I started it as administrator. Running windowed/borderless is not applicable here because I cannot start the game whatsoever. I also cannot furiously hit alt+tab because the game won't start and I won't install a full-fledged IDE just for Mordhau.

I would appreciate some help or a response from a Dev. Problem persists until after the recent patch. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Looking again at the link provided in your quote, I would like to add that this is not the same issue. The game does NOT launch for a couple of seconds, i.e. crashes during loading, but immediately upon execution. No time passes until the crash happens.

874 375

Help from a dev is hard to get, I feel like they want us to go in first and rule out the usual suspects.
Plus most responses you get are from volunteer moderators. At least now they know a little more.
Can you copy & paste the crash / bug report here? Also contents from "Manifest_DebugFiles_Win64.txt"

4 0
  • 3 Feb
 EmilyBlunt

Sadly I can only provide you with the CrashContext.txt and Mordhau.txt. The CrashReporter does not allow me to send anyhting and does not output any useful information - maybe I am overlooking something?

Manifest_DebugFiles_Win64.txt:

Engine/Binaries/Win64/CrashReportClient.pdb 2019-11-21T09:26:07.032Z
Mordhau/Binaries/Win64/Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.pdb 2020-01-10T15:44:21.468Z

Please tell me if you need more information. I may need the location though.

874 375

Sorry for not responding, that file won't get us any further I believe and I don't know what else to do.

4 0
  • 15 Feb
 EmilyBlunt

Well that isn't very great to be honest. Game was not exactly cheap and I cannot play anymore at all, and even the bugreporting via the built-in tool is broken.

Is there a public bug-reporting-platform that I overlooked?

2018 2106

You could try Reddit. Reddit is the new official forum.

1697 1292
  • 15 Feb
 esturias

@EmilyBlunt said:
Game was not exactly cheap

Is there a special edition now? o.O

Besides that: Yes, try reddit. They somehow don't care much about their actual gameforums.