Mordhau

Chase mechanic should be toned down

94 105
  • 4 Jan
 SoRoofless

I feel that the chase mechanic kicks in too quickly and is too robust. In many real situations, I could turn my back and run a few paces to gain distance between myself and my opponent, then turn back around. But in the game, it feels like your opponent teleports on top of you and strikes you down instantly. It really messes with my brain sometimes.

I understand why the chase mechanic exists but it’s a bit much. I know that some servers have the chase mechanic turned off... if anyone has played like this and feels like offering their opinion, I would welcome that discussion.

1270 927
  • 4 Jan
 esturias

Yes, it's a bit much, especially since movement can be quite glitchy.
But in my opinion, movement needs some improvements in general. For example, armor should get a slight movement nerf. Maybe a short "acceleration time" before you hit full speed. And when fighting, players lack any kind of visible momentum. It looks like people playing Quake. That's one of the major things that makes archery so frustrating with that slow projectile speed and it also causes lots of teamdamage.

28 27
  • 6 Jan
 Bluhman

Is that why I run behind an enemy at times and then suddenly my 3/3/3 guy is moving like a football stadium streaker?

That is jank as heck, I thought at times maybe it was some lightly-armored guy behind me that was pushing me forward somehow. Honestly it devalues throwing weapons a bit. I can't suggest a solution to it, but I agree it needs some kind of adjustment.

216 211
  • 7 Jan
 Atlas-D

No. No kiting cancer in my game. No.

1762 1828

Impersonating a dev is a violation of the rules. :P

Edit:

You shall not impersonate other users.

Looks like impersonating a dev isn't against the rules. Feel free to call it your game. ;)

28 24

I agree that the chase mechanic should at least be slowed down the first few seconds or have it activate after a couple of seconds because it makes being unarmored useless.

28 24

I agree that the chase mechanic should at least be slowed down the first few seconds or have it activate after a couple of seconds because it makes being unarmored useless.

12 2
  • 7 Jan
 Chaos791

Always a frustration fleing with my light compo a bunch of heavies tin can and die because one of them decide to run like Usain Bolt !

Clearly we should have a base chase movement speed depending of what you wear ; you have a light armor, no problem you can chase normally ; you have a heavy armor, you should have a delay of 1 or 2 seconds before the chase mechanic work.

Conscript 845 1730

@SWSeriousMike said:
Impersonating a dev is a violation of the rules. :P

Edit:

You shall not impersonate other users.

Looks like impersonating a dev isn't against the rules. Feel free to call it your game. ;)

haha om croosh unga bunga

1762 1828

Hoi croosh. Noice gaem! 2h cleiver wen?

Knight 5278 7120

Thnderd clever is lredya in gaem sily, it caled meser

51 26

Oh so that's why people in full plate are able to pace my lightly armored skirmisher?

What's the point of light armor then? Visual aesthetic? Memes? Cosplay? This is jank as shit.

1762 1828

Light armor has less inertia and costs less loadout points.

51 26

@SWSeriousMike said:

Oh nice.
But as mentioned before, if someone is matching mobility and the like then those are basically moot points unless you're trying to use a weapon that's 8+ points.

There has to be something it offers in terms of assymmetric balance over heavy armor. With the addition of chase mechanics what is it supposed to be then?

1762 1828

You can accelerate faster (your movement, not your weapons) and can use your loadout points for better weapons or more equipment/perks. Some weapons don't really care about armor. With no/light armor you have a distinct advantage vs maces, mauls, fire bombs, etc.

The chase mechanic requires the opponent to target you for a while. If you break line of sight it has to recharge.

216 211
  • 17 Jan
 Atlas-D

@LaughingRaven said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

Oh nice.
But as mentioned before, if someone is matching mobility and the like then those are basically moot points unless you're trying to use a weapon that's 8+ points.

There has to be something it offers in terms of assymmetric balance over heavy armor. With the addition of chase mechanics what is it supposed to be then?

With lighter armor you can dodge around drags (sprinting around them in the same direction the swing is going so you can run past it's eventual end point) and you can equip the spear, which is a monster in big battle modes. Or you could use bloodlust. I think there should be some more interesting perks besides that though.