Mordhau

No longer enjoyable

140 219
  • 2 Jan
 DylanS_98

I'm not here to cry, or to push for changes. Just simply making a thread to voice that I feel like the numerous changes to dragging, combat, and weapons being nerfed have made me dislike the game in it's entirety.

I no longer enjoy playing any of the original weapons I used to like.

All game modes that are ever pop-filled are either extremely shit when 'trying' if you will, and I get more enjoyment out of not trying and just being a nuisance to people. Which is a double edged sword. Some would say if I enjoy a certain way of playing the game, why don't I just stick with that. Well personally I used to play the game competitively and I don't think I could ever see myself getting back into it again like that. I just dislike the way everything feels now.

Invasion was a step in the right direction. But modes like traditional deathmatch, and team deathmatch are practically non-existent. I enjoy these modes more than Invasion, Frontline, and the Duel labeled death match servers. I like playing FFA or with a team just killing people - but I can't even do that anymore as no one plays in these modes.

The game constantly hitches now, I get microstutters, and random freezing. Especially on Feitoria. I've been told by numerous people there is a memory leak on the map.. Idk how true that is but all I do know is that map is basically just at times unplayable for me.

Competitive play either by duels or the mode itself is pairing you against people significantly better than you, or way worse than you. Never really in-between. Which I don't find appealing.

I'll come back to try everything out when the game has modding available, because the current base game doesn't interest me enough and just ends up frustrating me and my friends when we play it.

times.PNG

Cant say all the time I played was outright enjoyable. But for the most part I had fun. Just no longer am.

129 57

oooohhhhh uuuuuuhhhhhh let me pres f on the smallest keayboard

1226 893
  • 2 Jan
 esturias

@DylanS_98 said:
I no longer enjoy playing any of the original weapons I used to like.

Give us some examples, right now it sounds like you are just sad because the devs slowly balance the game and that you can't pwn people with broken weapons anymore.

All game modes that are ever pop-filled are either extremely shit when 'trying' if you will, and I get more enjoyment out of not trying and just being a nuisance to people. Which is a double edged sword.

Not really. In that case you can feel free to quit right away.

Some would say if I enjoy a certain way of playing the game, why don't I just stick with that.

That's what "some" told Hitler back in those days, too. "Some" are rarely the right ones to ask in those cases. Why not ask "all"?
In other words: Stupid attitude.

Invasion was a step in the right direction.

Kinda. It just got released completely half-assed on top of even more half-assed content.

But modes like traditional deathmatch, and team deathmatch are practically non-existent.

Not really surprising. Those are boring.

The game constantly hitches now, I get microstutters, and random freezing.

Yeah. Got worse for me, too. Not so much in terms of FPS, but the lag got definitely worse. And the tab menu shows way more yellow and red pings, too.

I'll come back to try everything out when the game has modding available, because the current base game doesn't interest me enough and just ends up frustrating me and my friends when we play it.

600 hours is lots of time. If you are interested in more than just swinging left and right, an unfinished game like this will hardly motivate that long. Sooo... yeah. That's to be expected.
I don't think that modding will be the big saviour, either. Modding can fix some things, but modding on top of a brittle basis requires some huge effort...

Count 251 279

Having extreme stutters in Frontline/invasion mode? Try using these 2 commands in the console. (Default value is 0)
r.Streaming.AmortizeCPUToGPUCopy 1
r.Streaming.MaxNumTexturesToStreamPerFrame 1

It can also be put in your Engine.ini as

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Streaming.AmortizeCPUToGPUCopy=1
r.Streaming.MaxNumTexturesToStreamPerFrame=1

199 207
  • 3 Jan
 Atlas-D

RDM people in servers. That's what I'm doing and it is particularly enjoyable.

44 76

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
Having extreme stutters in Frontline/invasion mode? Try using these 2 commands in the console. (Default value is 0)

Thanks! Any idea what these do in specific?

46 9

Feitora is actaully the most stable map for me. But yes, its unfortunate that a good team deathmatch is rare sometimes.

46 9

How did you know to try this and what else can I try? I totally have to hit this up next time i play. Does the xomand save? Also how i open console?

Count 251 279

@RifleInfantry said:

This forces texture streaming from the CPU to the GPU and in return frees up the CPU for other gaming processing. Thus if you have a beefy GPU but a not so beefy CPU, it can help remove the stuttering because the GPU doesn't have to wait on the CPU for data.

This changes the number of Textures to stream, 1 texture per one frame. Once again controlling the rate at which the textures are streamed to the game.

@StrykerMontgomery said:
How did you know to try this and what else can I try? I totally have to hit this up next time i play. Does the xomand save? Also how i open console?

I am on the official Discord, an Alpha player, and know several of the devs. So if you input them via the console to not add the "=" and 1 turns it on 0 turns it off. I the case of the second command that is any number, I believe "0" is default. Additionally if you use the console you have to put it in each time you run the game. If you add it to the Engine.ini then copy and paste it exactly where and how I posted it above.

46 9

@RifleInfantry said:

This forces texture streaming from the CPU to the GPU and in return frees up the CPU for other gaming processing. Thus if you have a beefy GPU but a not so beefy CPU, it can help remove the stuttering because the GPU doesn't have to wait on the CPU for data.

This changes the number of Textures to stream, 1 texture per one frame. Once again controlling the rate at which the textures are streamed to the game.

@StrykerMontgomery said:

I am on the official Discord, an Alpha player, and know several of the devs. So if you input them via the console to not add the "=" and 1 turns it on 0 turns it off. I the case of the second command that is any number, I believe "0" is default. Additionally if you use the console you have to put it in each time you run the game. If you add it to the Engine.ini then copy and paste it exactly where and how I posted it above.

can I get a link to Mordhau discord? I finally got a reply to my email about this problem and they recommended i went to discord rolls eyes. Like i been wasting months on this forum?

81 25

feitoria is such a good map but the invasion mode kinda sucks butthole, 3: couldn't there be a ram to push alongside with the siege tower? and how about ending objective inside the keep instead of market?

1226 893

@lordlemon said:
feitoria is such a good map but the invasion mode kinda sucks butthole, 3: couldn't there be a ram to push alongside with the siege tower? and how about ending objective inside the keep instead of market?

It looks really nice, but gameplay- and balance-wise it's pretty bad. Actually, one of the worst maps.
Could be such a fun map, starting with a ram at the towngate, with defenders adding reinforcements to the gate for longer survivability and attackers climbing up with ladders or simply slinging stuff over/at the wall. And THEN starting with a siegetower, with the siegetower actually being a relevant way into the castle. But no, we have the same old Call of Duty arcade rush like before.

I really don't like their castle-map-design at all. Whenever you have a castle, be it Grad, Crossroads or Feitoria, it always looks like a swiss cheese. Instead of walls and gates you have to get over and through, you have multiple easy ways into the castles, they offer zero gameplay. You have fancy gate opening mechanics and stuff, but you never need them, because there are X other ways into the castle.