Mordhau

Stop destroy novie's and game please

11 6
  • 29 Dec '19
 SirCockNballs

This game needs very advanced tutorial, level-based servers and some kind of mentoring AS FAST AS IT POSSIBLE, or it dies to 1k online very soon.

Every day i see crowds of newibes 5-20 lvls and every day i see fucking blood bath with them, this is not fucking right and this is not fucking good.
This players doesnt know basics and doesnt gets any fun, but already raped by another 1488lvl maultard. I know how pleasurably to destroy hordes of people, but THIS IS NOT FUCKING RIGHT, people must not pay for game and his time to pleasure me or another mid\high tier players.

Please do something with this as soon as you can.

1270 927
  • 29 Dec '19
 esturias

The game needs a few newbie servers, where new players can fool around a bit before getting thrown into normal matches. Agreed.
But what is a "very advanced tutorial" meant to teach? The current one already covers all the required basics, after that it's effort and dedication, or, in other words: Practice, practice,practice!

11 6
  • 29 Dec '19
 SirCockNballs

@esturias said:
But what is a "very advanced tutorial" meant to teach? The current one already covers all the required basics, after that it's effort and dedication, or, in other words: Practice, practice,practice!

Yes it covers, but too shortly. I have 4 playing friends without chiv expirience, and no one of them cant understand the goal of morphs and chambers. No one of them cant even try to repeat it in real combat.
The tutorial is good and funny (everybody likes Han's and mallet throw), but only as briefing for players who already played chiv\mnb and know the combat basics.

Look at one of the steam's guides about combat system and philosophy, the first part of it must be inside the game. Maybe as small campaing or single player missions, IDK.
Also i think there must be one training mission per combat method, one for feints, one for morphs and etc.
Maybe alse free freezed-HP mode with feinting\morphing,draging bot.

Yes i know what there is duel servers, but there is many people who never talk inside games. They just looking for prebuild tutorials and leave if they cant find them, cause TO HARD (yes this is stupid, but this things as is).

Sor fo teh bed inghlish

162 232
  • 29 Dec '19
 Shitscrubber64

Low level servers are generally a risky idea. If Chivalry taught us anything it's that noobs learn literally nothing from fighting only other noobs and you'll just delay that inevitable moment when they realize what the combat is really like.

The only reason Chivalry had them was to give players a mere two-three hours of fun, after which it's too late to refund.

A more expansive tutorial would be great though. Morphs, drags, feints, kicks and chambers are all thrown at you in the same five minutes. There should at least be a "Tell me more about X" option for each mechanic.

11 6
  • 29 Dec '19
 SirCockNballs

@esturias said:
after that it's effort and dedication, or, in other words: Practice, practice,practice!

To practicel you must know the theory, and the theory for the newibe is not so clear as it looks to skilled player.
At least the big text-manual inside the game is needed. AT LEAST!
Better if the newibe can read and immidiately begin to practicel with bot.

About mentoring - its only dreams and thoughts, maybe some kind of "buddy" system, where skilled player will fasten to newibe and get bonuses when covers him.

12 2
  • 7 Jan
 Chaos791

I don't think we need specifics servers for new people but instead we need a game balancing system. It's very common right now to see a lot of high lvl willingly waiting to see where others high lvl goes and join them to crush the other team.
My answer : when you arrived at a level cap (75 for example) you can't choose the team and the game decide for you where you go dependind of the lvl or the skill of both teams.

1470 4072

@Chaos791 said:
I don't think we need specifics servers for new people but instead we need a game balancing system. It's very common right now to see a lot of high lvl willingly waiting to see where others high lvl goes and join them to crush the other team.
My answer : when you arrived at a level cap (75 for example) you can't choose the team and the game decide for you where you go dependind of the lvl or the skill of both teams.

ha I pick random every time it doesn't matter in the slightest

12 2
  • 7 Jan
 Chaos791

Because you're a good guy ! (... Maybe ? I don't know if you're a fairplayer or a trashtalker, nothing personal ^^).

But not everyone is so kind ! I don't know for others countries but in Europeans servers it's common to see lvl100+ together and the rest lvl50 or less in the other team. I don't have to explain how it ends most of the time ! :(
Personnally i don't understand this behavior for masskilling people especially when you gain the same amount of gold whatever if you win or lose as long as you play the objectives.
Maybe some people are too afraid to see the word "Defeat" on their screen, who knows ! Even in this game where it means nothing in my opinion.

51 26

Thanks.

I tried to ask for help on a duel server and got mocked. I feel like I wasted money.

I'm starting to think this is my penance for low-level twink invasions in Dark Souls...

89 39
  • 8 Jan
 DEADSY

Play more

12 5
  • 8 Jan
 Wayne-O

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Low level servers are generally a risky idea. If Chivalry taught us anything it's that noobs learn literally nothing from fighting only other noobs and you'll just delay that inevitable moment when they realize what the combat is really like.

This point exactly!

Count 296 325

With a game like this if you are not persistant and willing to git gud you will give up anyway so a server for new players only will only delay the beheading/crushed skull fest.

We all went through it and now I can regularly get at the top of the board or have positive k:d

28 24

@SirCockNballs said:
This game needs very advanced tutorial, level-based servers and some kind of mentoring AS FAST AS IT POSSIBLE, or it dies to 1k online very soon.

Every day i see crowds of newibes 5-20 lvls and every day i see fucking blood bath with them, this is not fucking right and this is not fucking good.
This players doesnt know basics and doesnt gets any fun, but already raped by another 1488lvl maultard. I know how pleasurably to destroy hordes of people, but THIS IS NOT FUCKING RIGHT, people must not pay for game and his time to pleasure me or another mid\high tier players.

This is an indie game (low budged with an independent team), it is fun for new players and when they want to keep playing and get better they gotta practise, learn from other people, they can watch youtube videos ( I advice this). If a player isnt having fun and can't get better its not the developer's fault or task to make new content, tutorials or single player missions to make the player have more fun. The game is made as it is, either deal with it and keep forward or move on to another game. The money and time needed to make a single player campaign would take months if not years to make and this is not what this game is about. This game is made from chivalry veterans for other veterans or people who want to get into the competitive scene mainly.

1762 1828

@^--^ Maximus ^--^ said:
If a player isnt having fun and can't get better its not the developer's fault or task to make new content, tutorials or single player missions to make the player have more fun. The game is made as it is, either deal with it and keep forward or move on to another game.

I very much disagree with this sentiment. This useless loyalty is the reason Bethesda has gone more and more down the shitter.

It's the developers' task to make sure the players have fun playing the game. They never can be 100% successful, but that doesn't relieve them of this duty.

503 205

Remove bloodlust
Make maul not onehit but 90 or 95

1270 927
  • 10 Jan
 esturias

"Not having fun" and "not getting better" are two COMPLETELY different things, so that statement doesn't make much sense from the very beginning.

It's definitely and obviously the job of a dev to provide fun for the players. Of course not for those uninformed ones who expect a completely different kind of game when installing it, but for those who enjoy that kind of game.
Getting better is mostly the players own responsibility, even if the dev does a bad job with providing the proper environment to help with that. But since this is once again tightly connected with "having fun", it should be the devs' interest to help with that.

540 600
  • 10 Jan
 Deadmode

@PC_Principal said:
Remove bloodlust
Make maul not onehit but 90 or 95

I've literally stopped playing BL builds as I realise it's such an tempting and (if you've some skill) OP crutch.

So I agree.

51 26

@^--^ Maximus ^--^ said:

@SirCockNballs said:

This is an indie game (low budged with an independent team), it is fun for new players and when they want to keep playing and get better they gotta practise, learn from other people, they can watch youtube videos ( I advice this). If a player isnt having fun and can't get better its not the developer's fault or task to make new content, tutorials or single player missions to make the player have more fun. The game is made as it is, either deal with it and keep forward or move on to another game. The money and time needed to make a single player campaign would take months if not years to make and this is not what this game is about. This game is made from chivalry veterans for other veterans or people who want to get into the competitive scene mainly.

One of two things had to happen.
Either the devs need to segregate the high skill from the low skill on their own.
Or players with high skill need to tone themselves down.

I thought with the end of match gold mechanic being so even (win or lose) it would mitigate a lot of the tryhardism but once again I can't read people. I just started and all I do is suicide the objective because I'm either mostly dead from a duel anyway or die in the process to the first feint.

I'm literally in saying those are the only two options. Everything else will turn into a minimal retention rate.