Mordhau

Level And Gold Reset

6 0
  • 26 Dec '19
 BallasaurusFlex

Played your game upon release via Family Share from a friend.
Recently purchased it for myself with supporter pack and all.
Upon loading the game up, I have all my loadouts and stats but my level and gold are back to Level 1 and 0 Gold
Can't use my loadouts or anything.
Can upload screenshots if necessary.
Hope to have this resolved even if it means all I get is my level returned.

6 0
  • 26 Dec '19
 BallasaurusFlex

Things I have tried:
Restarting Game
Reinstalling Game
Restarting Steam
Running Steam as ADMIN
Restarting PC
Changing AV settings.
Nothing has worked so far.

4 1

Bump

I want to +1 this, I've recently booted the game up having not played for a month or two. I've lost all my levels and gold, but my stats still remain what they were.

I've tried all the suggestions as BallasurusFlex has tried and again, nothing. It would be great to at least get an answer on this?

Knight 321 610
 Duckalot

It might take a few restarts of the game to get the exp and gold back. Keep retrying. Give it some time if it doesnt reappear.

6 0

@Duckalot said:
It might take a few restarts of the game to get the exp and gold back. Keep retrying. Give it some time if it doesnt reappear.

Well, I am not too sure just how many restarts you might suggest because since the initial posting I've launched the game several times a day just to see and I am still level 1 with 0 gold.

2019 2106

Have you tried playing and finishing a match or the tutorial?

4 1

Well I made about 5 restarts yesterday, and a further 5 this evening. I played a match a couple of days ago and it's done nothing. My level remains the same. eh.jpg

6 0

@shikotsunami said:
Well I made about 5 restarts yesterday, and a further 5 this evening. I played a match a couple of days ago and it's done nothing. My level remains the same. eh.jpg

Can anyone elaborate as to why this has happened and if it will get addressed at all? It's kinda ridiculous that we lose all this progress and can't even get a response on it.

Duke 5556 13281
  • 20 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

Hey, please pm me with your steamID's (a link to your steam profile works) and we can take a look. I'll forward it onto our server tech and he can try to fix your backend inventory.

4 1

Well coming up to 3 months later and still nothing has changed, I've played a few more games the past week, and I'm bored of running the tutorial.

I'm guessing this isn't ever going to get address? I realize it's likely an anomaly as to why this has happened, but I'd of thought it would of at least have gotten investigated to make sure it's a bug that's not going to have knock on repercussions in the future.

6 0

@shikotsunami said:
Well coming up to 3 months later and still nothing has changed, I've played a few more games the past week, and I'm bored of running the tutorial.

I'm guessing this isn't ever going to get address? I realize it's likely an anomaly as to why this has happened, but I'd of thought it would of at least have gotten investigated to make sure it's a bug that's not going to have knock on repercussions in the future.

Well, going on 4 months now and still nothing so it seems you would be correct. Guess we are just SOL which really sucks given the amount of time it seems we have wasted in this game for everything to just be gone with no word on the issue.uploading Screenshot_2.jpg

6 0

The date is 07/31/2020 - Initial post was made 12/26/2019
No new information has been presented.
No resolution to the issue.
I am forever stuck with a level and gold reset with no information to go on.
RIP