Mordhau

You forgot the most important!

30 15
  • 24 Dec '19
 Elyon

On this game, in addition to competitiveness and war realism, what I really like is the funny aspect of the situations, the shouts and the smileys are all as essential as the rest.

Missing farts noises !!! lol

It's so innocuous, but so essential!
You can't not put this in this game soon, it would be a sacrilege not to do it!

Increase the number of voice choices, and above all add this cry of fart that will change Mordhau forever !!!
Cordially.

1270 927
  • 24 Dec '19
 esturias

I would even vote yes, if it wasn't for that one problem that already turns the shouts/voices into more of an annoyance than something to enjoy or laugh about: Idiotic players who would abuse it.
I really loved the shouts back in those days, but these days you have multiple idiots running a spammod or something, so you hear them the entire damn match long. Not funny.
Sooo... we'd need a cooldown. For everything. And a turn-off-option in the settings.

But before everything else, you need to educate us about that "war realism". I honestly hope you don't want to say that this game is "realistic" because you have two or three borderline complex fighting mechanics...

30 15
  • 24 Dec '19
 Elyon

@esturias said:
Idiotic players who would abuse it.

I have already crossed it but it is relatively rare in the servers where I play. I do not find this to be a real problem.

@esturias said: I honestly hope you don't want to say that this game is "realistic" because you have two or three borderline complex fighting mechanics...

Here is my definition:
Violence, gore, weapons physics and credible characters. Just compare with the majority of new video games or there are only women superheroes, adolescent saviors of humanity and pikatchus killers straight out of Asia or manga.

So yes, Mordhau is today one of the games that offers war realism. This is precisely why I play it.
Otherwise I would not be here.

1270 927
  • 24 Dec '19
 esturias

@Elyon said:
So yes, Mordhau is today one of the games that offers war realism.

Not really, no. Not at all, actually.
Mordhau is quite exactly as "realistic" as Call of Duty. They have somewhat realistic shooting mechanics, too.

30 15
  • 25 Dec '19
 Elyon

Do not make a generality from your point of view, let alone impose it on others ...

1270 927
  • 25 Dec '19
 esturias

That's not a point of view, that's a fact.
When I'd say "World of Warcraft is a realistic game!", you'd disagree, too, right?

1762 1828
  • 25 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Elyon said:
Here is my definition:
Violence, gore, weapons physics and credible characters. Just compare with the majority of new video games or there are only women superheroes, adolescent saviors of humanity and pikatchus killers straight out of Asia or manga.

So yes, Mordhau is today one of the games that offers war realism. This is precisely why I play it.
Otherwise I would not be here.

Mordhau's violence is unrealistic: Team attacks only deal half or quarter damage.
Mordhau's gore is unrealistic. Even more so when you add Flesh Wound to the equation.
Credible character's is just funny considering that there are no characters outside of the tutorial. And I'm not sure how credible Hans is supposed to be.

Something tells me that you are actually angry at the other games featuring female player avatars. That reminds me that they were announced for Mordhau as well and can't come soon enough to deter weirdos.

War is atrocious. Every real simulation of it won't be a game anymore. If you want to simulate war you can start with sleeping outside in your own excrement and only eat bland food. It's not quite the deal but surely closer to real war than Mordhau.

30 15
  • 26 Dec '19
 Elyon

@esturias said:
That's not a point of view, that's a fact.
When I'd say "World of Warcraft is a realistic game!", you'd disagree, too, right?

Thank you I laughed well!

Something tells me that you are actually angry at the other games featuring female player avatars.

Absolutely, and even cinema these days has become shit!

@SWSeriousMike said:
Mordhau's violence is unrealistic ...
War is atrocious. Every real simulation of it won't be a game anymore....

I'm not claiming that Mordhau is reality or a reality simulator. You are confusing. I explained that it was a realistic battle game (compared to other games and not in relation to reality.xd).
But above all it remains a game and in the game it has "playability" and "fun", things that maybe you don't understand.
One thing is certain, you will never be a good creator of video games. ^^

1270 927
  • 26 Dec '19
 esturias

@Elyon said:
I explained that it was a realistic battle game (compared to other games and not in relation to reality.xd).

A game becomes realistic when it offers certain aspects and details that games tend to ignore and shows players a picture that goes beyond simple gaming.
You can turn and twist it as long as you wish - the game isn't realistic. It also doesn't become realistic when you compare it to other games.
It offers funny battles, but they are far from realistic.

Thank you I laughed well!

Yeah. Funny example, right?
But since you didn't write anything else, I have to assume that you agree with me.

But above all it remains a game and in the game it has "playability" and "fun", things that maybe you don't understand.
One thing is certain, you will never be a good creator of video games. ^^

We didn't talk about playability or fun.
And why wouldn't he be a good developer?
Any arguments instead of void claims?

1762 1828
  • 26 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Elyon said:
I'm not claiming that Mordhau is reality or a reality simulator. You are confusing. I explained that it was a realistic battle game (compared to other games and not in relation to reality.xd).

So it's realistic unless it is compared to reality. Why didn't you say so right at the start? Now it all makes sense.

46 9
  • 27 Dec '19
 StrykerMontgomery

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Elyon said:

So it's realistic unless it is compared to reality. Why didn't you say so right at the start? Now it all makes sense.
I take it your not a fan of arma or any game that attempts to masquerade any amount of realism/immersion? Like your dismissing someone's desire for s game by creating a false dichotomy that its either full on realistic or not realistic at all.
You insist their language is invalid for their desire while giving no alternative; essentially saying their tastes/personal enjoyment are irrelevant to your own desires and then masquerading it as their tastes/preferences some how being stupid/inferior to yours when there is no objective grounds for such.

He even tried coming up with new labels to satisfy your dismissive arguments and you proceeded to belittle as if what he was saying is somehow not intuitively obvious nor reasonable to say.

But its extremely obvious, he likes a certain degree of immersion. I do too, the reindeer horses have been annoying me greatly

1762 1828
  • 27 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

So now you try to spin it as my fault that he was labeling Mordhau as 'realistic'. He was asking for fart noises. Think about what you are doing here, mate.

46 9
  • 27 Dec '19
 StrykerMontgomery

@SWSeriousMike said:
So now you try to spin it as my fault that he was labeling Mordhau as 'realistic'. He was asking for fart noises. Think about what you are doing here, mate.

Lol fair enough.

I just hate the "well its never realistic" argument in game discussion. To be honest, i would never even bother replying to someone requesting fart noises.

30 15
  • 28 Dec '19
 Elyon

@SWSeriousMike said:

Because it is ridiculous to point this out in a video game forum. If we were still talking about simulator but it is not even the case ...

Now I'm the one asking myself questions about you, I have the impression that you have just been born, and that you have so much to learn in this environment.
It's as if you go to a famous car game forum and say it's not a realistic game because in reality at the first crash the pilot and died is sent to the hospital and the game is over.

I repeat, fortunately you do not create video games ... xd

1762 1828
1270 927
  • 28 Dec '19
 esturias

@Elyon said:
I repeat, fortunately you do not create video games ... xd

Even if that was the case, how is that any relevant?

Why do these special people here always get so militantly butthurt when they get corrected for being wrong with something? Did your mojo fall off? Did your worldview shatter?

30 15
  • 28 Dec '19
 Elyon

Because a person who confuses or is unable to differentiate between the realism of a game and reality is mathematically incompetent to make good video games with the important points that I recently explained as "playability" and "fun".

But I don't think there's any point in explaining it to you a third time.
You live in a bubble and your contributions bring nothing good, neither for the forum, nor for Mordhau.

Never mind.

Conscript 845 1730
1270 927
  • 28 Dec '19
 esturias

You are twisting peoples' words.

You claimed that the game is a realistic battle game, which is of course nonsense.
People tried to educate you, but instead of simply admitting that you are wrong and learning a few things, you started with lots of "yeah, but you..."-nonsense.

You live in a bubble and your contributions bring nothing good, neither for the forum, nor for Mordhau.

Where exactly do you see that bubble when you are stil the one needing education? And why is correcting people who are wrong not a good thing? And even more important: Why are you allowed to make a generality from your twisted point of view?

1762 1828
  • 28 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Elyon said:
farts noises !!! lol

xDDdd