Mordhau

we need to make this the new meta

677 287
  • 22 Dec '19
 PC_Principal

@newfig said:

get three shields and use them as javelins

its the new meta

I made a build. And it was the most fun I had in this game in a long, long time. This is even better than my peasant huntsman with rocks and frying pan. If your goal isn't necessarily to be on the top of the leaderboard each game or if you are wondering why so many people insult you for using a maul or rapier, just give this build a shot.

sstinmordhau.png

It's actually viable and beginner friendly, it's a new mechanic that people aren't used to yet. The only problem is that you need to switch to your fists to be able to kick or defend against kicks. You can still block unlike other brawlers if you keep one of the shields but throwing them in people's faces is way more fun.
I'm using flesh wound, it's a must have perk for all meme builds.
Cat isn't the strongest perk either but it fits my playstyle well. Could pick fireproof instead.
Also armor is a matter of taste, some prefer chest, others head, for this guy in particular I wanted the head to be safe and with all the archers I want a t2 helmet.

I played 3 games now and did better than expected. It takes a while until you learn not to throw your shields too far so you can pick them up again and again. Unleash giant frisbees upon the enemy!

43 20
  • 23 Dec '19
 newfig

lol it is fun indeed

here is my build

tm1.png

tm2.png

43 20
  • 23 Dec '19
 newfig

lol

tm3.png

677 287
  • 23 Dec '19
 PC_Principal

wait, does huntsman work with shield ALREADY? I expected that to be added "mabye later".

43 20
  • 23 Dec '19
 newfig

@PC_Principal said:
wait, does huntsman work with shield ALREADY? I expected that to be added "mabye later".

im not sure, but I think so

157 85
  • 23 Dec '19
 NoYou

@newfig said:
lol it is fun indeed

here is my build

tm1.png

tm2.png

I know this is off-topic, but would you mind sharing your graphic settings with me?

43 20
  • 23 Dec '19
 newfig

@NoYou said:

@newfig said:
lol it is fun indeed

here is my build

tm1.png

tm2.png

I know this is off-topic, but would you mind sharing your graphic settings with me?

its currently this

settings.png

157 85
  • 23 Dec '19
 NoYou

Ok thx. I'll try out your gamma and resolution, they seem pretty nice looking and a good compromise between performance and aesthetics

1508 4169
  • 23 Dec '19
 TombstoneJack

@PC_Principal said:

any and all projectiles are effected by the huntsman perk so yes you can whip a shield across map and kill an archer

just like the ye olde days....e

677 287
  • 23 Dec '19
 PC_Principal

@NoYou said:
Ok thx. I'll try out your gamma and resolution, they seem pretty nice looking and a good compromise between performance and aesthetics

Gamma is just gonna make it brighter and eventually add that white blur you see in his screenshot. It has no effect on the game's performance.

43 20
  • 24 Dec '19
 newfig

made a video of todays funny moments with this build

1399 1054
  • 6 Feb
 esturias

Feel free to stop necroing (your) dead threads.