Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #15 and hotfix!

167 86

@SWSeriousMike said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:
sharing button with the "throw weapon" (R) unless you hold R is terrible and its clunky as hell in fast paced combat, especially vs. more than 1 opponent.
i MIGHT have been able to deal with this if the held block was at least still on the right mouse button, but the fact that has been changed to a shield 'parry' makes no sense... who uses a shield with the intention of a parry, lol, for real.

So putting the alternative shield mode on another separate configurable keybind would be appease you for the moment? Because that's a completely reasonable request that almost nobody will oppose and I wouldn't be surprised if that was added with the next patch.

Yes. that would be a major step forward. i have no problem with the actual rework, just the clunky new keybind of it.
The fact that we all suddenly have to grow new muscle memory just to use the shield properly has ruined its usefulness.
having to use RMB and R interchangably for different parry/block maneuvers is throwing the player (me) off my rythm immensely, and besides, if i use my index finger to hold R, it makes it really hard to use D to strafe right, since my thumb is firmly placed on the space button.

go ahead, try to hold your R and D keys down at the same time and see how clunky that is... not only is it clunky for those 2 buttons, but if you do this, you'll find that its very difficult to use the A,S,W and Q and Shift buttons as well. the fact that you have to give up one of the fingers you use to maneuver your characters directional movement in order to hold the block up is a major detriment to gameplay.

1697 1292
  • 9 Jan
 esturias

@SerJaGGsaW said:
shield changes need an immediate revert or they'll stay broken and useless.
sharing button with the "throw weapon" (R) unless you hold R is terrible and its clunky as hell in fast paced combat, especially vs. more than 1 opponent.
i MIGHT have been able to deal with this if the held block was at least still on the right mouse button, but the fact that has been changed to a shield 'parry' makes no sense... who uses a shield with the intention of a parry, lol, for real.

Holy wow.
It's still about shields, but you managed to come up with a post that makes sense and that can be considered as feedback.
Congratulations!

Knight 5410 7408

And i was starting to think he was a flat-earther.
Nice post, for once.

167 86

@esturias said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:
shield changes need an immediate revert or they'll stay broken and useless.

Holy wow.
It's still about shields, but you managed to come up with a post that makes sense and that can be considered as feedback.
Congratulations!

of course its still about shields. their rework is literally the only reason i am not playing the game anymore... that, and the fact i am a bit too addicted to WoW classic, but i'd like to play some mordhau in my spare time... just not in a 2H meta where shields are nonexistent.

1697 1292
 esturias

And how does spamming nonsense and raging all over the forums help with that?

Someone already mentioned it: There is little to noone here who is against shields, just against their previous realisation as a gamefeature.
So maybe now, as you seem to have your mojo under control again, maybe now you could read some of the threads you just kept puking nonsense into, try understanding the standpoints of people and then bring your actual opinion to paper. That would create a basis for discussion.

Edit: Ehhh. Forget what I wrote. Didn't read the other threads. He is still spamming around.

1697 1292
 esturias

[double post]

Knight 5410 7408

@esturias said:
[double post]

retard.

1430 2175

Ah and the toxicity continues on a different thread.

Conscript 1004 2022

@Humble Staff said:

@esturias said:
[double post]

retard.

me too

167 86
  • 9 Jan
 SerJaGGsaW

@esturias said:
And how does spamming nonsense and raging all over the forums help with that?

i'm sure you know, first hand, seeing what has happened to shields.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 10 Jan
 Jax — Community Manager

This topic has been closed.