Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #15 and hotfix!

1 0
  • 26 Dec '19
 Wynheart

The update brings new awesome features, but I must say I am disappointed with one of them, the shield rework.
Since the update I haven't seen Heater/kite shield users. After the update I could say these shields are pretty much "Dead".
I saw people learned how to counter shields, they were already balanced.
Despite the feature saying shields are now less desiderable in 1v1, I must say they are more desiderable in 1v1 than they ever did, as their mechanics follows the same as the buckler and targe. Becouse of their Hold feature, they are not desiderable at all in gamemodes such as frontline and invasion (which previously were the best gamemodes to put shieldwalls formations and such into action).
To be honest, the Hold feature is what caused the kite and heater shield's "death". One has to equip the fists first to be able to re-equip the shield only, in order to use its Hold mode (R). Otherwise the player is forced to throw his one handed sword away first to be able to use the shields hold mode. The issue is caused by the shield's R (hold) keybinding, which is the same as the one handed weapons 's R (throw) keybinding. These cannot be separated in the keybinding options.
In my and most of my friends opinion, shields need to be what they were before this update.

New personal opinion (updated 28.12.19):
I kept practicing with the kite shield, trying to adapt myself to its new feature. As previously I used to press and not hold the R button I had the issue of throwing the one handed weapon first, but now I see its new hold mode has potential. Movement and turning speed could use an improvement (currently too slow in my opinion)

1 1
  • 27 Dec '19
 DeGroteKapau

it's great how you have managed to fuck up shields entirely

5 1
  • 27 Dec '19
 youngsterCHAD

Yo, this update removed the Baseinput.ini from my config folder. Meaning I cannot assign a shortkey for the console, rendering me unable to use it. Also I cannot use the default tilde key since I don't have an EN keyboard.

I read somewhere that the config file is now called "input.ini", but I can't seem to find it.
Can anybody help me? All I want is to open the console and kick griefers. Thanks.

1697 1292
  • 28 Dec '19
 esturias

I checked the game a bit over the last two days. Bad news: Overall it became worse for me.

• The Hitreg got a lot worse. It used to be bad, but right now, melee is pretty much unplayable for me. If it's not the hitreg, it's input delay or whatnot. Quite often I could call myself lucky if I get three working parries/hits in a row. Shooting/slashing through enemies, hitting the mate behind. Getting killed before the attack-animation even starts. Double KOs (yes... double KOs). Happens more frequently now. And it changes from match to match.
    I get the same reports from other players.
    Besides that, scoreboards look like a traffic light convention. Half green, other half yellow and red. Not normal.

• The firepit. As I feared, it doesn't have any particular use (yet?). It just adds a bit damage, something that wasn't necessary at all. Half-assed clutter, barely seen ingame. Had to build my own. And btw... that burning arrowtip looks ridiculous.

• Shields...
    Well. Better than before, but still no solution. Controls need to get fixed at least. Throwing damage is ridiculous and needs to get nerfed, even if a build with 3 throwing-targes can be fun.

• Maps:
    New Grad Invasion: I don't get it. Why not having those kinds of objectives with RED being the attackers? Why would BLUE convert the catapults to christianity... err... capture the trebuchets and use them against a simple camp and not just destroy them to be rid of the danger? Either way, was over in a few minutes all three times.
    First stage is the well known and chaotic campfest. Second stage is kinda ok, but that part of the map is too small, too. The rest... meh.
    Crossroads Invasion: The concept is pretty nice, but as so often, the spawnpoints don't fit the action. And does the king need to stay close to the wagons? Did I miss that? If yes, that would be quite nice.
    But still: Hire experienced people to build proper maps! You can twist and turn it as you want, your current ones won't provide enough playability for any longer. They are too shallow and they don't properly use any of the possible mechanics. At all!

Bottomline:
Some nice changes and this time maybe even a step in the right direction, but the "early access alpha not yet ready quality" of everything still predominates every part of the game. Maybe you should spend one update with fixing that to some extend.
Weaponbalance, especially fixing the few lamerweapons that stick out in every single match. Fixing stuck-, glitching- and hanging-spots on maps. A working scoreboard - with proper player information regarding teamdamage and all. Yadda yadda yadda. Would be enough for two updates...

Knight 247 1086
  • 28 Dec '19
 Corsario

@youngsterCHAD said:
Yo, this update removed the Baseinput.ini from my config folder. Meaning I cannot assign a shortkey for the console, rendering me unable to use it. Also I cannot use the default tilde key since I don't have an EN keyboard.

I read somewhere that the config file is now called "input.ini", but I can't seem to find it.
Can anybody help me? All I want is to open the console and kick griefers. Thanks

Check the following link: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/20409/config-files-are-gone-after-patch-14/#c1

5 1
  • 30 Dec '19
 youngsterCHAD

@Corsario said:

@youngsterCHAD said:

Can anybody help me? All I want is to open the console and kick griefers. Thanks

Check the following link: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/20409/config-files-are-gone-after-patch-14/#c1

Thanks, but the link is dead. Although I found the new location myself. It's

C:\Users\%your username%\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\Input.ini

Still haven't got a clue as to how to edit it to enable console tho. lol

EDIT: it appears that only your hotlink doesnt work. Copy/pasting it let me find the thread. Thank you.

8 5
  • 31 Dec '19
 Slyder73

I don't usually post in forums, but registered here to leave some feedback about the changes to shields.
I am an avid shield user, my main build includes the kite shield and bastard sword. I'm level 93 and most of that has been done with shield.

I love the game dynamics a few good shields can bring to a frontline or even a TDM, skirmish, or when groups are forming loose alliances in deathmatch.
With the kite shield, I used to be able to get in deep to the fight, hold an area and hold off 2 or 3 enemy for a good 8 to 10 seconds, while praying for teammates or buddy to show up to help before stamina drains. Fighting multiple enemies or controlling an area or guarding/pushing the objective was the niche for the shield, in my opinion.

Since the patch, not being able to hold up my large shields, and the miniscule time it stays up when blocking makes the shield all but useless except in 1v1. The hold option (R) is only good for standing in a static position blocking projectiles, but is not useful for fighting as a group or as a shield wall.

The current patch 15 changes don't seem to make sense. The held block has been split from the block and bound to the same key as throw short sword. This makes no sense. The held block now essentially immobilizes a character and does not allow quick reactions, let alone stabbing over the shields (yes, my buddies and I play Roman, valid legion tactic).
I don't have an answer, but currently, in my opinion, the shields have been broken.
Perhaps allowing the shield block to be held for several seconds, enough to take multiple blows while retreating, or waiting for guy beside to jump in and help.

1697 1292
  • 31 Dec '19
 esturias

That's some usable feedback. A little unaware as to why the change even happened, but still presenting his standpoint without raging or making himself look like a moron, like many before him did. Nice.

1 0
  • 1 Jan
 BLGconsole

My friends game is broke. He continues to look up and, we don't know how to fix it plz help

17 3

They made having a shield worthless.

1697 1292
  • 2 Jan
 esturias

@-Ez-MegadeathTFL said:

Thanks for that very intelligent and helpful feedback.

267 250
  • 2 Jan
 Cracksmith

@-Ez-MegadeathTFL said:

It already was lol

1 0
  • 3 Jan
 Alvinator

Hi, just bought your game.
Cant even get into the game, keeps saying Failed to connect to the Backend Service.
I turned off firewall and everything. What should I do?

Knight 321 611
  • 3 Jan
 Duckalot

@Alvinator said:
Hi, just bought your game.
Cant even get into the game, keeps saying Failed to connect to the Backend Service.
I turned off firewall and everything. What should I do?

Open cmd with administrator, and then type "netsh winhttp reset proxy" without quotes. Hit enter.

Conscript 1004 2022

^ don't listen to him. he's a hacker

Knight 5410 7408

^ don't listen to him. he's a retard

2021 2108

^ Don't listen to him. He did something to/with your mother.

1697 1292
  • 3 Jan
 esturias

< Don't listen to me, I'm just passing by, without any intention to comment this nonsense.

167 86
  • 9 Jan
 SerJaGGsaW

shield changes need an immediate revert or they'll stay broken and useless.
sharing button with the "throw weapon" (R) unless you hold R is terrible and its clunky as hell in fast paced combat, especially vs. more than 1 opponent.
i MIGHT have been able to deal with this if the held block was at least still on the right mouse button, but the fact that has been changed to a shield 'parry' makes no sense... who uses a shield with the intention of a parry, lol, for real.

2021 2108

@SerJaGGsaW said:
sharing button with the "throw weapon" (R) unless you hold R is terrible and its clunky as hell in fast paced combat, especially vs. more than 1 opponent.
i MIGHT have been able to deal with this if the held block was at least still on the right mouse button, but the fact that has been changed to a shield 'parry' makes no sense... who uses a shield with the intention of a parry, lol, for real.

So putting the alternative shield mode on another separate configurable keybind would be appease you for the moment? Because that's a completely reasonable request that almost nobody will oppose and I wouldn't be surprised if that was added with the next patch.