Duke 5558 13284
  • 19 Dec '19
 Jax — Community Manager

Patch #15 Hotfix 1 19/12/2019

Fixed burning in duels
Grad buffed for defenders slightly
Fixed a crash
Being kicked in shield held mode no longer stuns but flinches instead
Shields can now sprint in held block mode (previously limited to walk) but movement is still slowed down (same as previous held block)
Fixed a bug with shields where they could ‘store’ ripostes for later use
Fixed Horde shielder AI
Fixed a random flap sound playing when joining an Invasion game

MORDHAU Patch #15

Happy Holidays!

This patch contains a little bit of everything. Two new Invasion scenarios, one on Grad and one on Crossroads, three new skins, and a new structure for the toolbox. We’ve reworked shields to be more in line with how parrying works, and their rebalanced held blocks are now only available by holding the mode switch (default R) button. This allows held blocks to be used to hold choke points while making it less desirable in 1v1.

And of course, what better way to wish you happy holidays than by sprinkling the patch with some time-limited festive content. Happy holidays!

Mjölnir Maul Skin

7225f0bcb3a106b305bf961226da4c3053e7b1c1

Basket Hilt Arming Sword Skins

6f183cce17cf55e83aeb0aefa466c5fbb1a57e8c

Brute Bardiche Skin

45cd0e5d762c430017bdcfc7124be78d0ad4377a

Firepit - ignites projectiles like arrows, ballista bolts and catapult rocks that are in proximity

a73629d40336f9a7485247177f5a000f62ecade3

Patch #15 Changelog 18/12/2019

Gameplay

Festivities
Added second Grad Invasion variant, with blue being the attackers
Added Crossroads Invasion map
Reverted Catapult Nerf
Split weapon bundle crates into two on and moved them closer to the attacker’s spawn on Feitoria Invasion
Added Fire pit for Toolbox, can be used to ignite arrows, catapult, ballista and deployable ballista projectiles
Mortar projectile ragdolling radius reduced slightly
Added Arming Sword basket hilt skin, 3 variations
Added Brute Bardiche skin
Added Mjolnir Maul skin
Adjusted original maul skin scale as it was stretched
Buckler/Targe can now be thrown by holding R

Combat

Kick is now 10ms faster, drains 10 stamina on hit and can be parried
Block/parry no longer forces slow kick
Switching weapon modes is now 50ms faster
Held block shields reworked - now have a longer timed parry as default. Held block can still be activated by holding R, has no knockback and very low stamina drain, but heavily slows down movement speed and greatly increases blocking turncap as well as having a raise/lowering recovery. Allows riposting, but no normal attacks.
Kicks no longer have extra ghost range vs shields
Jumping/climbing no longer cancels hp regen
Reduced Max behind parry angle slightly to fix some extreme cases of backparries
Fixed bug where ripostes would get stopped by a clash against a non riposte
Removed general shield movement slowdowns
Updated CombatTest map with some highly experimental combat changes, added SKM Variant

Weapons & Equipment

Spear can now force rearing on horses when stabbing from the front
Buffed spikes slightly
Reverted billhook movement slowdown nerf. Now 50% again

Visuals & Misc

Updated German localization
Siege tower score now ticks more frequently but awards less points on INV_Feitoria.
Improved bandage use animation
Improved lowerbody fall animation
Fixed characters jittering up/down when standing on certain surfaces
Increased score for objectives

Sounds

Blocks/parries/chambers now play a more bassy sound on top for the local player
Raised time to start screaming due to falling from 1 to 1.25

Knight 321 611
  • 19 Dec '19
 Duckalot

Good stuff!

Knight 5410 7408
  • 19 Dec '19
 Humble Staff

The shield changes are a step on the right direction, they were sorely needed. Good job adresing that.
Bad job not answering my question in the patch 14 thread.

1697 1292
  • 19 Dec '19
 esturias

No time/motivation to download and test before Christmas, but this is quite surprising. Lots of points that made me go "Oh, wow."
Let's not ignore that most of it is still nothing but patching up old holes and cracks, meaning fixing and changing stuff that is long overdue, but it really looks like the devs are slowly crawling out of their holes again.
Can't comment on the balancing changes, so I can merely share my interest in that firepit. I hope that it isn't just another half-assed addition and that it serves an actual purpose, because right now the game really lacks some tactical depth and teamplay.

Now, all we need is basic communication and some kind of visible line and a plan in the still quite random looking development of the game. Then even an eternal moaner like me would be willing to come up with a bit more praise and clapping.
But... yeah. Looks like you did a good job there, chapeau!

Besides that, happy holidays to everyone.

41 17
  • 20 Dec '19
 Elyon

Mordhau improves over time, which bodes well.
After the excellent Feitoria map, I must say that again I was delighted to see the invasion mode on Crossroads which is very good, and especially the new skin for the Maul which I intend to unlock as soon as possible !!!

Only downside is the loss of fps since patch14, maybe with time it will get better, but in any case I always have as much fun on your game.

Happy holidays to all, thank you Triternion and I hope that the year 2020 has more surprises in store for us!
Cordially !

2021 2108
  • 20 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

Not a fan of the fire pit. Apart from that it looks good.

1 1
  • 20 Dec '19
 SvatBorg

I am highly disappointed with your latest update because if i want to protect myself with a shield i have to hold "R" in default and it takes so much time. Turn this horrible change back

1697 1292
  • 20 Dec '19
 esturias

@SvatBorg said:
I am highly disappointed with your latest update [...]

...with one single part of your latest update...

@Elyon said:
After the excellent Feitoria map, [...]

How can people call that map "excellent"? Only because it's a big and nice looking castle? What about actual balance and gameplay?
That map was completely unplayable at the start, required a direct hotfix, still has many many issues and is one of the most unbalanced maps in the game, ending up in some of the most boring matches you can have.
Excellent? Oh, please. Are you a roleplayer by any chance?

Knight 519 999
  • 20 Dec '19
 wierHL

Holy shit shields are actually being reworked. Can't wait to test.

1 0
  • 20 Dec '19
 Butlerbandit

Played with the new shields for a bit, really disappointed. The controls are a hot mess, and trying to balance such a drastic change to a core mechanic that the game has been built around since day one was not a good idea right before the Xmas rush.

2021 2108
  • 21 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

Today in Controversial Opinions That Nobody Shares:
Shields are a core mechanic that Mordhau has been built around since day one.

But first this:
We tested double KO and it was awful!"

21 20
  • 21 Dec '19
 PUR3IℂE

@Jax said:
Patch #15 Hotfix 1 19/12/2019

Fixed burning in duels
Grad buffed for defenders slightly
Fixed a crash
Being kicked in shield held mode no longer stuns but flinches instead
Shields can now sprint in held block mode (previously limited to walk) but movement is still slowed down (same as previous held block)
Fixed a bug with shields where they could ‘store’ ripostes for later use
Fixed Horde shielder AI
Fixed a random flap sound playing when joining an Invasion game

MORDHAU Patch #15

Happy Holidays!

This patch contains a little bit of everything. Two new Invasion scenarios, one on Grad and one on Crossroads, three new skins, and a new structure for the toolbox. We’ve reworked shields to be more in line with how parrying works, and their rebalanced held blocks are now only available by holding the mode switch (default R) button. This allows held blocks to be used to hold choke points while making it less desirable in 1v1.

And of course, what better way to wish you happy holidays than by sprinkling the patch with some time-limited festive content. Happy holidays!

Mjölnir Maul Skin

7225f0bcb3a106b305bf961226da4c3053e7b1c1

Basket Hilt Arming Sword Skins

6f183cce17cf55e83aeb0aefa466c5fbb1a57e8c

Brute Bardiche Skin

45cd0e5d762c430017bdcfc7124be78d0ad4377a

Firepit - ignites projectiles like arrows, ballista bolts and catapult rocks that are in proximity

a73629d40336f9a7485247177f5a000f62ecade3

Patch #15 Changelog 18/12/2019

Gameplay

Festivities
Added second Grad Invasion variant, with blue being the attackers
Added Crossroads Invasion map
Reverted Catapult Nerf
Split weapon bundle crates into two on and moved them closer to the attacker’s spawn on Feitoria Invasion
Added Fire pit for Toolbox, can be used to ignite arrows, catapult, ballista and deployable ballista projectiles
Mortar projectile ragdolling radius reduced slightly
Added Arming Sword basket hilt skin, 3 variations
Added Brute Bardiche skin
Added Mjolnir Maul skin
Adjusted original maul skin scale as it was stretched
Buckler/Targe can now be thrown by holding R

Combat

Kick is now 10ms faster, drains 10 stamina on hit and can be parried
Block/parry no longer forces slow kick
Switching weapon modes is now 50ms faster
Held block shields reworked - now have a longer timed parry as default. Held block can still be activated by holding R, has no knockback and very low stamina drain, but heavily slows down movement speed and greatly increases blocking turncap as well as having a raise/lowering recovery. Allows riposting, but no normal attacks.
Kicks no longer have extra ghost range vs shields
Jumping/climbing no longer cancels hp regen
Reduced Max behind parry angle slightly to fix some extreme cases of backparries
Fixed bug where ripostes would get stopped by a clash against a non riposte
Removed general shield movement slowdowns
Updated CombatTest map with some highly experimental combat changes, added SKM Variant

Weapons & Equipment

Spear can now force rearing on horses when stabbing from the front
Buffed spikes slightly
Reverted billhook movement slowdown nerf. Now 50% again

Visuals & Misc

Updated German localization
Siege tower score now ticks more frequently but awards less points on INV_Feitoria.
Improved bandage use animation
Improved lowerbody fall animation
Fixed characters jittering up/down when standing on certain surfaces
Increased score for objectives

Sounds

Blocks/parries/chambers now play a more bassy sound on top for the local player
Raised time to start screaming due to falling from 1 to 1.25

Why are new skins listed under the "gameplay" topic?

Conscript 999 2022
  • 21 Dec '19
 ohshitsorry

lazy is that you

36 135
  • 21 Dec '19
 Earraigh

aka another patch without the Viking Round Shield

1697 1292
  • 21 Dec '19
 esturias

@ohshitsorry said:
lazy is that you

No. Random player who took his avatar and who still didn't learn how to quote properly.

Conscript 999 2022
  • 22 Dec '19
 ohshitsorry

do you have stupid?

Count 887 3301
  • 22 Dec '19
 EatAtRedLobster

Now if only we could get more than seasonal bells and whistles to distract from the emerging dumbed down casual friendly meta.

gazes out window in stereotypical french manner

"Alzough, admittedlee, zee shield nerfs IZ très bon."

267 250
  • 25 Dec '19
 Cracksmith

I love the new arming sword. All I need is a kilt, and I can finally have a proper highlander.

1 0
  • 25 Dec '19
 ImNotParzival

Why i cant join a DUEL server when i am using a ethernet cable but when im not using ethernet cable im can join Duel servers like there is no servers in ethernet cable pls fix this i dont know if it is a bug or a glitch

2021 2108
  • 25 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

Sounds like the problem is with your network configuration. I don't see what the devs can do about that. It's not like their firewall blocked ethernet cables.