Mordhau

I miss the big guy on Feitoria

37 63
  • 7 Dec '19
 Mojique

The Guard Captain was a blast. Not only was it so enjoyable to play as him, he played an interesting role in the final phase; he could singlehandedly occupy the main attacking force by constantly bodying them to allow his team to set up defenses and focus on the people sneaking around killing the merchants. I realize that having him back would mean four VIPs for Blue, but I just miss seeing this absolute unit tear through three people with a swing. Hell, give Red a VIP to attack with to balance it out, the Iron Company Commander from Frontline might work.

Conscript 92 151
  • 8 Dec '19
 Byzantine

Agreed.

225 144

I say bring back the guard captain or a throne room with a king as the objective after the nobles.

1907 1995
  • 9 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

That makes me wonder whether a VIP mode would work for this game. Every team has one or two VIP(s) to protect. :-/

783 336
  • 9 Dec '19
 PC_Principal

So what do you suggest? Switch the phases again? Or simply have the big guy fight in the last part of town?
I don't know if it would really be balanced to have nobles fight in the castle, especially if builders spam the tower it was hard for reds.
Of course firebombs eventually do the job but they're a problem on their own. (vs villagers especially, if phases are reversed)

82 68
  • 9 Dec '19
 Kashi

@PC_Principal said:
So what do you suggest? Switch the phases again? Or simply have the big guy fight in the last part of town?
I don't know if it would really be balanced to have nobles fight in the castle, especially if builders spam the tower it was hard for reds.
Of course firebombs eventually do the job but they're a problem on their own. (vs villagers especially, if phases are reversed)

Could have the absolute unit be part of phase 2 to help defend chosen choke points , since he is so slow I think it would balance out

225 144

@PC_Principal said:

Put him inside Feintoria throne room as the last phase and give him a helmet crown.

1369 2068

@PC_Principal said:

I don't think scaling the castle, dying to archers/rocks on the way, to encounter obstinate engineers and mobile nobles was so bad. It could've even been fun.

But what sucked was getting through all that torture just to get one shot by a rapier noble who couldn't be flinched and had extra health and height that let him pass through parries/chambers.You had to sacrifice yourself just to touch him. You can't duel him and prevail by talent because his rapier will eventually get lucky and one shot you. And that's after you've fought your way through his entire team.

Not even "the big guy" was one shotting full armored knights with a rapier poke.

Noble load outs should've been done better, not the castle nor the map. It's still beyond irritating that they are still one shotting with a rapier while they roam city streets instead of a castle. Now they can heal, too. Meanwhile the "big guy" got deleted.