Mordhau

THIS IS NOW A MEME THREAD It's sad how anyone with a following gets to preach bullshit to their mindless fans and they eat it up like it's gospel

153 56
  • 4 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

Yikes, what a garbage video

1226 893
  • 4 Dec '19
 esturias

You found a random podcast video on youtube where the guy talks badly about this game and you really felt the need to start a thread about it, doing nothing but linking the video and saying how bad it is.

Congratulations.

1747 1788
  • 4 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

Thanks for showing me the channel. I instantly subscribed and liked. ;)

153 56
  • 4 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@esturias said:
You found a random podcast video on youtube where the guy talks badly about this game and you really felt the need to start a thread about it, doing nothing but linking the video and saying how bad it is.

Congratulations.

You wanted me to put you in MyDudeximus daycare service and take care of you like a child? Do I need to explain why this guy just said a bunch of retarded shit instead of you just listening to the short video?

"Congratulations" I say the same to you, all you did was come here and complain about the post, what a meaningful contribution/response ay?

I posted it because this guy has a big Youtube channel, like I said in the title, it's about how idiots like him can just say anything and have his mindless fans who don't know shit about the game come and shit on it or hurt the reputation of the game, thankfully, nobody cares enough about his podcast channel, since his main channel "General Sam" has far more subs and each of his videos usually get way more views in comparison; Also posted it because it was hilariously stupid and wanted to show it to people to laugh at it, cause in the video the retard showing his face on the thumbnail says the game was perfect at launch, but now you can suddenly do 360/behind the back attacks, the guy clearly knows nothing of what he's talking about, knows nothing about the game and its mechanics like the glancing blow mechanic where even if it was possible to do a 360/behind the back, it would be nullified by the damage being reduced to nothing

153 56
  • 4 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

Oh Mike you're always so funny, and super serious as well ;)

1747 1788
  • 4 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

He has a second channel? This day just keeps giving!

153 56
  • 4 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@SWSeriousMike said:
He has a second channel? This day just keeps giving!

Yeah, that wasn't his main channel :P

1226 893
  • 4 Dec '19
 esturias

@MyDudeximus said:
"Congratulations" I say the same to you, all you did was come here and complain about the post, what a meaningful contribution/response ay?

"But youuu!"
Really? C'mon...
What contribution do you expect in a thread like this?

Anyway. Seriously, why do you care about nonsense like that?
If people get "influenced" by that, let them. It's most definitely the kind of people who can feel free to stay away anyway.
And let's also not ignore that he isn't entirely wrong, even though he is just ranting around - the game is still more dead than alive.

153 56
  • 4 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@esturias said:

@MyDudeximus said:

"But youuu!"
Really? C'mon...
What contribution do you expect in a thread like this?

Anyway. Seriously, why do you care about nonsense like that?
If people get "influenced" by that, let them. It's most definitely the kind of people who can feel free to stay away anyway.
And let's also not ignore that he isn't entirely wrong, even though he is just ranting around - the game is still more dead than alive.

I can always find servers with <60 ping, and easily find many with around a 100 ping that are almost full to play in, and the game is in the Steam top 100 most played games, and that's with the filter activated that shows no full servers

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

People nowadays just like to call games dead if their numbers aren't the same as launch day numbers...

Also, I didn't expect a contribution, I expected a laugh, there is no contribution to be made, unless one wants to discuss about the problem the title presents

Why do I care about nonsense like that? Really? If it was by some random, I could care less, but if this guy had uploaded it to his main channel, and gotten over a million views, you know how easily the game's reputation could've been hurt? Content creators have immense power over how a game does nowadays, one of my favorite Youtubers https://www.youtube.com/user/SsethTzeentach has completely reinvigorated game communities, made their games go trending, and had games sell like hot pancakes, he could sell you a brick if it was a videogame, imagine that type of power being used negatively (He does not upload negative reviews) Of course I'm gonna care about "nonsense like that"

And also, that's an awful way to think "If people get "influenced" by that, let them. It's most definitely the kind of people who can feel free to stay away anyway." I agree I'd like them to stay away, in a perfect world that is, but in reality, Mordhau would benefit from more people funding the development and an increase to the player base meaning more server choice is good (I can easily find a few servers with lots of players and good ping, but I can't find 10+ with less than 80 ping) especially now with custom servers and in the future with more game modes, the player base can easily get spread too thin, I've seen it happen in Battlefield 4, and it has happened here, look at Skirmish or Battle royale, they're dead in comparison to Deathmatch, Invasion and Frontline, I'd even accept racists or super toxic people as long as they didn't make the playerbase drop, since you could just mute them, and if you turn off the chat box, they're just like any other knight fighting you, so no I don't agree at all with that point

Also, I'm not the only one who cares about things like this https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/e66deh/sad_how_content_creators_can_influence_people_so/

1226 893
  • 5 Dec '19
 esturias

but in reality, Mordhau would benefit from more people funding the development

Are you sure about that? The game had enough players once and the devs once had and probably still have the option to properly develop the game, but they rather chose to keep fooling around.

People nowadays just like to call games dead if their numbers aren't the same as launch day numbers...

It's not just about player numbers. Just look around. Watch the game, its progress and the direction it took.

If it was by some random, I could care less, but if this guy had uploaded it to his main channel, and gotten over a million views, you know how easily the game's reputation could've been hurt?

I actually doubt that a few silly and negative sentences by a youtuber will have that much of an impact. Especially since there is more than one of those spreading his opinion.

153 56
  • 5 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@esturias said:

but in reality, Mordhau would benefit from more people funding the development

Are you sure about that? The game had enough players once and the devs once had and probably still have the option to properly develop the game, but they rather chose to keep fooling around.

It's not just about player numbers. Just look around. Watch the game, its progress and the direction it took.

If it was by some random, I could care less, but if this guy had uploaded it to his main channel, and gotten over a million views, you know how easily the game's reputation could've been hurt?

I actually doubt that a few silly and negative sentences by a youtuber will have that much of an impact. Especially since there is more than one of those spreading his opinion.

Ok so now you're not only disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with but you're shitting on the devs, I just don't like you man
Also, no, read my example about SSeth

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/e66deh/sad_how_content_creators_can_influence_people_so/ Also, this over 100 upvotes here man, there's truth to this, my example about SSeth is proof and also even if you disagree, we can easily agree that this guy's an asshole being toxic about a game without knowing what the fuck he's talking about, I'm not interested in talking about this anymore, so please stop responding, I'm done, especially since we're going in circles and I just hold no more interest

1747 1788
  • 5 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

I don't understand why you go out of your way to generate clicks and funding for content you don't like instead of for content you like. You go to all social media to spread this video.
When you host a party, do you only offer food you don't like? Do you tell your guests how disgusting your food is? It just doesn't make sense. "I've got to share a recipe with you. That meal is just disgusting."

Why is it that you are the only free thinker while all the other people are gullible and easily manipulated? What elevates you above others so that you feel the responsibility of defending them from the evil game critique propaganda?

Also you are fine with one influencer as long as he agrees with your views but demonize another one that doesn't agree.

And finally I doubt that the devs give a rat's ass about that kind of videos. They made and continue to make a game that they themselves enjoy. Other people enjoying it is rather collateral. I doubt that additional funding would do much for the game since they don't want to expand anyway and are rather comfortable with where they are financially.

153 56
  • 5 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@SWSeriousMike said:
I don't understand why you go out of your way to generate clicks and funding for content you don't like instead of for content you like. You go to all social media to spread this video.
When you host a party, do you only offer food you don't like? Do you tell your guests how disgusting your food is? It just doesn't make sense. "I've got to share a recipe with you. That meal is just disgusting."

Why is it that you are the only free thinker while all the other people are gullible and easily manipulated? What elevates you above others so that you feel the responsibility of defending them from the evil game critique propaganda?

Also you are fine with one influencer as long as he agrees with your views but demonize another one that doesn't agree.

And finally I doubt that the devs give a rat's ass about that kind of videos. They made and continue to make a game that they themselves enjoy. Other people enjoying it is rather collateral. I doubt that additional funding would do much for the game since they don't want to expand anyway and are rather comfortable with where they are financially.

If I cared that much about really spreading it, I'd go to way more places and post it with multiple accounts, chill, I posted it in two places cause this place is dead and only 2 people responded, 1 with a useless response, and the other one memeing

Generate clicks? M8, it's a clip, and Youtubers get jack shit nowadays, few people on reddit or Mordhau looking at it won't do anything, and again, even if it did, I just don't care enough, maybe if I really hated this guy I would care but I don't, generate all the clicks, could care less as long as the example of what I mean by the title is understood

What elevates me? Because I'm not biased and shackled to worshipping a cult of personality and do not eat up everything of what someone says about a game and instead play and research it myself

I'm fine with one influencer because that one doesn't say negative shit that could hurt games, instead, he does the complete opposite, watch any sseth review and read the comments and you'll know that, he's an overall positive existence for games

Also, you still don't understand, like I said, that video didn't do anything because it generated jack shit views and there were actually some people calling him out in the comments, though not nearly enough, barely any dislikes, though I don't dislike videos since it just recommends the video more to the algorithm, I posted that as an example of people just eating up something their favorite Youtuber said, proof being the dislike to like ratio and the little comments saying he was wrong, and the fact that someone posted my reddit post on their own subreddit just to white knight him, again, if this would've been for example a video that got a few million views posted before the game came out with positive reception from people, it could've really fucked with the game, like I said, it's an example of what I mean by the title and also just to show something any Mordhau player would found ridiculously silly for entertainment

1226 893
  • 5 Dec '19
 esturias

@MyDudeximus said:
Ok so now you're not only disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with

No idea what you mean.

but you're shitting on the devs, I just don't like you man

Sooo... you are just another butthurt fanboy who can't take any criticism. Good to know.
Please grow up.

Also, this over 100 upvotes here man, there's truth to this, my example about SSeth is proof and also even if you disagree, we can easily agree that this guy's an asshole being toxic about a game without knowing what the fuck he's talking about

He is exaggerating and talking some nonsense, which is stupid, but he still isn't entirely wrong. You have to accept that side of things, too.
Apart from that, it's still nothing but a stupid podcast video.
What about the actual game review channels, which gave the game a bad rating?

I'm not interested in talking about this anymore, so please stop responding, I'm done, especially since we're going in circles and I just hold no more interest

Why did you start this thread then, if you aren't interested in discussing it and get butthurt as soon as someone even just slightly disagrees?
You should do podcast videos, too...

153 56
  • 5 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@esturias said:

@MyDudeximus said:
Ok so now you're not only disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with

No idea what you mean.

but you're shitting on the devs, I just don't like you man

Sooo... you are just another butthurt fanboy who can't take any criticism. Good to know.
Please grow up.

Also, this over 100 upvotes here man, there's truth to this, my example about SSeth is proof and also even if you disagree, we can easily agree that this guy's an asshole being toxic about a game without knowing what the fuck he's talking about

He is exaggerating and talking some nonsense, which is stupid, but he still isn't entirely wrong. You have to accept that side of things, too.
Apart from that, it's still nothing but a stupid podcast video.
What about the actual game review channels, which gave the game a bad rating?

I'm not interested in talking about this anymore, so please stop responding, I'm done, especially since we're going in circles and I just hold no more interest

Why did you start this thread then, if you aren't interested in discussing it and get butthurt as soon as someone even just slightly disagrees?
You should do podcast videos, too...

"No idea what you mean" I'm asking if you're disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with, which is me correcting him because he said behind the back/360 attacks exist, which they don't

Sure, I don't insult and spam the devs with ad hominem shitting them every time they make a change to the game, I'll gladly accept the label of dev fanboy

He isn't entirely wrong? Bullshit, he complains about basic drags, not even toe drags or wessex or any of that shit, just dragging in general, and complains about something that doesn't even exist in the game 360 attacks/behind the back

Why did I start this thread? To see people's responses and have people laugh at it, which is exactly what happened in my reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/e66deh/sad_how_content_creators_can_influence_people_so/ Because unlike you they didn't just immediately complain about the post and add nothing disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with, "Slightly disagrees" there is not disagreeing, it's fact, 360 attacks aren't a thing, and dragging, if you actually believe that being able to do swing manipulation hurts the game, you're a tard who wants the game to devolve to stam fighting, yeah go ahead and remove feints and morphing as well...

1747 1788
  • 5 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

You seem to have some real issues in real life. You should really, unironically seek help to get them sorted out. You can't go on like this forever. You take every disagreement very personal while also being wrong and uninformed quite often.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 5 Dec '19
 ToLazy4Name

shut up retards

bonk.jpg

1226 893
  • 5 Dec '19
 esturias

"No idea what you mean" I'm asking if you're disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with, which is me correcting him because he said behind the back/360 attacks exist, which they don't

You didn't ask me if I disagree, you just claimed that I do - even though I never commented on any of that.

Sure, I don't insult and spam the devs with ad hominem shitting them every time they make a change to the game, I'll gladly accept the label of dev fanboy

No. You are again twisting words. I called you a fanboy because you reacted completely butthurt as soon as I dared to write something negative about the devs or the game.

Why did I start this thread? To see people's responses and have people laugh at it, which is exactly what happened in my reddit post Because unlike you they didn't just immediately complain about the post and add nothing disagreeing with the easiest thing to agree with,

There you started an actual thread, here you just threw the video into it and called it done. Small difference.

btw: You should totally put the link to your reddit thread into an extra post, it's really easy to miss.

153 56
  • 5 Dec '19
 MyDudeximus

@SWSeriousMike said:
You seem to have some real issues in real life. You should really, unironically seek help to get them sorted out. You can't go on like this forever. You take every disagreement very personal while also being wrong and uninformed quite often.

Ok, so somehow I'm uninformed and wrong; My argument is = 360/behind the back attacks don't exist in the game
So somehow that makes me uninformed and wrong? Ok, cool, was fun talking to you

Conscript 825 1674
  • 5 Dec '19
 ohshitsorry

1554276252621.jpg

hijack the thread