Mordhau

Longsword slash dmg vs. armours (heavy, med) too high

9 1
  • 1 Dec '19
 Coffinmaker

Current longsword slash dmg against h armour - 36 is way too high. Note that heavier greatsword has just 2 points higher. But its not gs that is too low, longsword should be reverted to old values or close to them. Currently mordhau grip of longsword lost its point.

I suggest longsword slash dmg against heavy armour should be 33, so that you need 3 hits + 4th (1 hp left) on fully healthy enemy. On medium armor relatively higher. This way mordhau grip again makes more sense: you can just 1 mordhau + 2 slashes, so 3 hits to kill heavy armoured.

I know that Mordhau is not supposed to be 100% realistic, but current longsword slash damage against heavy armour is a crime against reality. Comparing to other weapons in game.

127 136
  • 2 Dec '19
 The Bird

@Coffinmaker said:
Current longsword slash dmg against h armour - 36 is way too high. Note that heavier greatsword has just 2 points higher. But its not gs that is too low, longsword should be reverted to old values or close to them. Currently mordhau grip of longsword lost its point.

I suggest longsword slash dmg against heavy armour should be 33, so that you need 3 hits + 4th (1 hp left) on fully healthy enemy. On medium armor relatively higher. This way mordhau grip again makes more sense: you can just 1 mordhau + 2 slashes, so 3 hits to kill heavy armoured.

I know that Mordhau is not supposed to be 100% realistic, but current longsword slash damage against heavy armour is a crime against reality. Comparing to other weapons in game.

The Bird disagrees and disapproves.

9 1
  • 2 Dec '19
 Coffinmaker

@The Bird said:

@Coffinmaker said:

The Bird disagrees and disapproves.

Any arguments ? Its not chat. Or were you just pissing to mark your presence, show who is more important ?

9 1
  • 2 Dec '19
 Coffinmaker

instead of abstract numbers just tested, longsword + 3-3-3 armour, 2 points left ,took friendly and bandages (invasion/frontline). OP AS HELL. Greatsword is just a bit stronger and a bit better reach, but costs 2 pts more. Longsword is now more versatile pick and simply OP.

Mordhau team: first time you fucked up sth with update - I mean before every update improved balance. This time you unbalanced sth. GJ!

1816 1899
  • 2 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Coffinmaker said:
Mordhau team: first time you fucked up sth with update - I mean before every update improved balance. This time you unbalanced sth. GJ!

lol

Imagine writing this in a post Crossroads society.

1314 2001

I main longsword, so I can say that this patch it feels too powerful against armor. I find it's torso damage rather questionable given it's speed improvement and how easily people forget to parry it.

Slashes too strong. Mindless slashing and target switching and I find it's starting to become a crutch.

33dmg for T3 torso sounds reasonable and gives the 1pt pommel throw an interesting niche.

It would still 3htk T3 with a head shot thrown in or with stabs.

1383 1037
  • 4 Dec '19
 esturias

I think that most damage values of most weapons are too high. In a duel mode, that might work, but in a multiplayermode, that's rather unforgiving. That's why the naked idiot-builds are that successful - you are dead after a few hits at the front, anyway. One hit more or less doesn't really matter.

@Coffinmaker said:
Any arguments ? Its not chat. Or were you just pissing to mark your presence, show who is more important ?

You can ignore that one. It's just a dumb spammer.

1816 1899
  • 4 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

The Bird doesn't write that much or often. So I don't think it's adequate to call him a spammer.
It's hard to infer intelligence from role-playing so it's risky to call him dumb.

He does his part to keep the forum alive. I don't know why you want to create an argument.

#BoneToPek
#LeaveBirdieAlone

1383 1037
  • 4 Dec '19
 esturias

@SWSeriousMike said:
I don't know why you want to create an argument.

I don't want to create an argument. I just told the OP that he can ignore that certain user as he rarely comes up with anything intelligent. If you don't want to call it spam, that's ok. No idea what to call it then, apart from shitposting.
Also no idea how that kind of nonsense keeps the forum alive...

Knight 5330 7235
  • 5 Dec '19
 Humble Staff

The forum is alive thanks to the love and strenght of the bonds of its comunity.

1816 1899
  • 5 Dec '19
 SWSeriousMike

He is a beakon of poultry poetry.