Mordhau

Something stuck in your body and you pull it out?

42 57
  • 30 Nov '19
 kiwi12

Arrows, bolts, axes, knives and much more other diverse weapons can be stuck in your body anywhere.

If you have a free inventory slot its rly cool to pull out stuff from either yourself or other people to collect it and use it.

Except for arrows and bolts. In this case it does nothing.

Push a button, the pull-out animation starts and...... nothing happens.... literally.

I dont know if it actually collects the bolt or arrow if you have a quiver. Never noticed. Mby for a reason because it wouldnt have changed any outcome.

So how about you add an effect to things that are stuck in bodys to the person? (mby to Arrows&Bolts only or all of them, dont know)
Ofc the debuff gets removed once the projectile gets pulled out.

Possible negative effects:
-Legs: 50% movement reduced
-Torso: no more Stamina gain (natural regeneration and from weapon hits)
-Head: combos disabled for every weapon & extended reload times for range weapons

Mby like this or only one general debuff without different hitboxes.

Display a symbol for the affected person on the screen to let him know whats going on.

I think this would be a good buff for archers. They need it. I feel stupid whenever it hit something with my recurve bow only to see a "+20" on the bottom. 4 more hits, rly? Im out. The longbow runs out of arrows every time without killing anything other than other snipers. The crossbow is fine for one non-lethal-hit but once you finish reloading you realise the capture point is already 2 bases further ahead.
Would be a pleasant diversion from the sniper vs sniper game to actually crippel the frontline brawlers.

43 20
  • 30 Nov '19
 newfig

@kiwi12 said:
Arrows, bolts, axes, knives and much more other diverse weapons can be stuck in your body anywhere.

If you have a free inventory slot its rly cool to pull out stuff from either yourself or other people to collect it and use it.

Except for arrows and bolts. In this case it does nothing.

Push a button, the pull-out animation starts and...... nothing happens.... literally.

I dont know if it actually collects the bolt or arrow if you have a quiver. Never noticed. Mby for a reason because it wouldnt have changed any outcome.

So how about you add an effect to things that are stuck in bodys to the person? (mby to Arrows&Bolts only or all of them, dont know)
Ofc the debuff gets removed once the projectile gets pulled out.

Possible negative effects:
-Legs: 50% movement reduced
-Torso: no more Stamina gain (natural regeneration and from weapon hits)
-Head: combos disabled for every weapon & extended reload times for range weapons

Mby like this or only one general debuff without different hitboxes.

Display a symbol for the affected person on the screen to let him know whats going on.

I think this would be a good buff for archers. They need it. I feel stupid whenever it hit something with my recurve bow only to see a "+20" on the bottom. 4 more hits, rly? Im out. The longbow runs out of arrows every time without killing anything other than other snipers. The crossbow is fine for one non-lethal-hit but once you finish reloading you realise the capture point is already 2 bases further ahead.
Would be a pleasant diversion from the sniper vs sniper game to actually crippel the frontline brawlers.

you have no clue about what you are talking about, I play recurve vs melee only and top 1-5 every single game, archery doesn't need any buffs at all, it's super strong support and super annoying already

only thing about archery that needs to change out of the top of my head is to remove huntsman

42 57
  • 30 Nov '19
 kiwi12

@newfig said:
you have no clue about what you are talking about, I play recurve vs melee only and top 1-5 every single game

*doubt

43 20
  • 30 Nov '19
 newfig

@kiwi12 said:

@newfig said:
you have no clue about what you are talking about, I play recurve vs melee only and top 1-5 every single game

*doubt

4179ka.png

43 20
1383 1037
  • 30 Nov '19
 esturias

No need to post those pictures of half empty servers into every other thread that has somehow to do with archery. It's getting really cringy.

@ thread:
Your suggested debuffs are way too extreme, that won't work.
And I don't think that throwables need any debuffs.
But it would be interesting if the quiver was a real piece of equipment, with different options to choose from: Either bigger ones with more arrows/bolts or slightly smaller ones with some debuffs, like a slight bleeding effect.

176 254
  • 30 Nov '19
 Shitscrubber64

If toned down a little these suggestions could work, it'd be nice to have some more "support playstyles" in the game.

Pubs right now give you two choices:

• Play with a big weapon, optionally apply Bloodlust and absolutely farm enemies.
  • Play something more supportive like toolbox, medpacks etc. and basically accept you will never perform as well as you would've if you went with the first option.

Some debuffs could be a nice addition to archery - though they'll need to fix the stuck arrow hitboxes first as it's often really difficult to pull out a weapon/arrow/bolt from your left arm or back.

210 82
  • 30 Nov '19
 CarnifeX

yea buff the cowards, cant wait whats happening next.. muhaha

please also buff rapiers, spears, horses, and all the troll weapons like pan, staff, knifes etc.pp
make the javelin ricochet/rebounding on walls for 20x times please
and nerf the damn cata once again, its still not shooting itself

would be nice as xmas gift update, cant wait...

1383 1037
  • 1 Dec '19
 esturias

@CarnifeX said:

Next? Maybe CarnifeX coming up with a quality post that isn't whining or complaining? Muhaha...ha...no.

210 82
  • 1 Dec '19
 CarnifeX

@esturias said:

@CarnifeX said:

Next? Maybe CarnifeX coming up with a quality post that isn't whining or complaining? Muhaha...ha...no.

arent you the guy that has nearly zero "skill" ingame, playing mostly only 3 rounds a session and as excuse u say coz of lag u use bow?
same guy who live in the forum and act like a developing-expert & gameplay-genius?
ah well, then cry me a river, coz idgaf..

btw.
i must be important as shit, that you guys are such addicted to me to insult me personally, did i hurt your feelings or maybe because i just wrote the truth that you cant stand

..sounds like some sort of Stockholm-Syndrom lol

1383 1037
  • 1 Dec '19
 esturias

@CarnifeX said:
arent you the guy that has nearly zero "skill" ingame, playing mostly only 3 rounds a session and as excuse u say coz of lag u use bow?
same guy who live in the forum and act like a developing-expert & gameplay-genius?

Even if that was true... how would that be any relevant here?

btw.
i must be important as shit, that you guys are such addicted to me to insult me personally, did i hurt your feelings or maybe because i just wrote the truth that you cant stand

I just made ONE comment and that wasn't an insult. It was a simple observation. And instead of simply telling me how I'm wrong, you already react with massive butthurt, so it looks like YOU are the one with hurt feelings...

..sounds like some sort of Stockholm-Syndrom lol

I highly doubt that you understand what that even is, because that doesn't make much sense. I mean... apart from basically telling me that what I wrote is true.

210 82
  • 2 Dec '19
 CarnifeX

bla blabla? bla!

you dont get, arent you lil geek?

1383 1037
  • 3 Dec '19
 esturias

Please go on, your salt will save many people's lifes this winter.