Mordhau

my mordhau feedback.

4 1
  • 30 Nov
 vahul

Hi! i whant give my feedback of this game and sorry for my english.
No flame, no git gud comment please.

I love the graphics, very accurated and dettailed, any battlefield is relly well done and immersive.
The game is funny and you can enjoy your character creation with so many armor and weapons.
NON toxic comunity, and this is very important, some salty player as usual but is ok. (some time im salty to ;P)
Sadly Gameplay is a sort of "wtf is this?"
Some mechanics are really really stupid like "the blind swing":
dress light armor (for run fast), take any 2h (2h for lenght and speed) with combo (zweihander is the best for this, because huge damage, high speed and length), run around enemy and move the mouse to the right and left, creating perfect 360degrees rounds, without any real sense and you kill a lot of people before you die, without any difficulty, because you are fast on swing and fast in movement.
Feint until enemy fail:
You can just spam feint until the opponent fail, you have so much stamina and you can spam feint "for all day long". If your enemy have shield, this mechanic is more easy, just feint attack into kick, but feint kick into attack again and refeint it into kick, you kill shielded player 100%
Lunge like swing:
Use lunge and move your weapon right or left, you can kill with all parts of the blade, mechanic calculate "the blade" not the type of attack O_o
Power of the attack:
when you just click, it is immediately a mortal blow. You can oneshot at start of animation or at last part of animation, so you can kill when you rise your hand for land a swing, during a swing and when you turn back for end your swing. I killed an enemy last game, when my animation end. (i hope i explained it)
Kicks:
Really i want understand, how can kick kill an full armored guy. (ok is not reality based but is gameplay based, but is still ridicolous)

Now:
The part I don't understand why... It seems, more your weapon is long and heavy, more you are fast and powerfull than other
weapon. If you wear 2h and start an attack concurrently aganist 1h, you win 100% by speed o_O.

Melee weapon by difficulty:
Rapier: Ultra easy mode weapon created for retard i think, spam lunge and you win any players.
Long 2h weapons (spear, pike etc etc) = Very easy mode, fast and very long weapons more than any other weapons, just back off and use lunge. Parry hit box very large.
normal 2h weapons = Easy mode, more long, more powerfull and more fast than any other 1h weapon. Parry hit box very large.
1h weapon without shield = normal mode, because, you are more slow, less powerfull than any other 2h weapons and have a short range to attack but whitout shield, your parry hit box is very large.
1h weapon and shield = hard mode, because you are more slow, less powerfull than any 2h weapons, with short range and the shield is an handicap on this game (yes prevent any tipe of morph and feint but read), you can use the shield for parry or block only in perfect direction of the attack, if you attack a bit lateral you land hit without problem, the Hit box of shield is really poor, also, one kick can stun you, allowing the opponent an free kill. Kicks are SOOOOO hard to predict and counter.
One kick on shield = die 100% no chance to survive.

this is why 95% of the players use 2h weapons on this game...

I don't talk about ranged weapon because are perfect, hard to use, high damage but easy to kill if them dont swap weapon in time.

armor:
tier 1 light weight, can be oneshotted by all weapons.
tier 2 medium weight, can be oneshotted by 2h weapons and some 1h.
tier 3 heavy weight, can be oneshotted by 2h weapons and some 1h.
if you use any 2h weapon, armor dont have any difference, you can oneshot a full t3 armored player like a light armored player.
One lunge of spear for example, can oneshot a full t3 armored player.

I understand is not easy to program a balanced fight mechanic with all this different weapons, so i'll keep play this game because is funny and I believe in developers. One day they will balance the game.

362 145

Some of this isn't true, Maul is the only weapon that oneshots t3 head and there are no 1 handers oneshotting t3. Check Advanced weapon stats. War Axe is a Joke and one hand weapons can be just as good as 2 handed weapons, in close quarter fights I'd take a cleaver over any 2 hand.

4 1
  • 30 Nov
 vahul

@PC_Principal said:
one hand weapons can be just as good as 2 handed weapons, in close quarter fights I'd take a cleaver over any 2 hand.

infact i talk about Easy mode from 2h weapons... more lengt, more fast, more powerfull.

2388 4851
  • 30 Nov
 Maci

lmao

15 10

@vahul said:

NON toxic comunity, and this is very important, some salty player as usual but is ok. (some time im salty to ;P)

Yeah after all the nubs left the ACTUAL community is really awesome. All the nubs that came and interacted with each-other are what made people complain that it was racist and toxic...

Sadly Gameplay is a sort of "wtf is this?"

Yeah people have been saying this since before release but for some reason the devs want the game to straddle directly on the line of "not fun for nubs and not fun to get good at" and if you do get good the devs are ready to change the mechanics so you have to start over again. But that is just what you have to come to expect from an early access game pretending to be fully released.

Some mechanics are really really stupid like "the blind swing":

I have no idea what you are talking about so I am going to stop here.

Duchess 6886 9859
  • 30 Nov
 Sir Zombie

@vahul said:
No flame, no git gud comment please.
blah blah blah

Git gud tbh

985 705
  • 1 Dec
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
and one hand weapons can be just as good as 2 handed weapons, in close quarter fights I'd take a cleaver over any 2 hand.

But you know that this is the worst comparison you can come up with, because the cleaver is one of the most broken weapons in the game?

@thread:
If you turn a blind eye to the nonsense you wrote, you basically spotted some general balancing/meta issues.
Still no idea how you can come up with the claim that this is a non toxic community. That would need at least three blind eyes...

362 145

If cleaver is nerfed, there will be enough broken onehanders to pick from. Cleaver was probably meant as a strong sidearm for archers, not a main weapon to go 3/3/3 bloodlust with. The problem is still very much bloodlust and not any weapon.
Otherwise you'll have to nerf all the 1-3 point weapons at the same time or you'll just create a new imbalance.

985 705
  • 1 Dec
 esturias

Not really, no. Cleaver sticks out a lot.
And Bloodlust is a problem on its own, it doesn't have much to do with weapon balance. It just makes its effects worse.