Mordhau

nonsense fact on this game

4 1
  • 26 Nov '19
 vahul

First sorry for my bad english
on this topic i just want say what of this game is a nonsense for me and is just for me, i dont want create flame topic.

1) 2h weapons, here, are over the top in any mechanics and i dont understand why.

2) 2h speed is more (or equal) than 1h speed, if you start at the same time an attack aganist 2h with 1h, 2h allways hit first by speed not for dimention. this have no sense because 2h weapons are more longs, more heavy and more powerfull, and CANT be even more fast than 1h. Nonsense at all.

3) without shield you can parry for 360 degrees, shield parry is only frontal (today i tried to backstab 2h owner but he parry me without problem from beind XD)
when i use shield i being hit from all side, for parry with the shield i have to stay in perfect direction of attack. For me this is a nonsense.

4) kick can stun if you parry with the shield and you can only avoid it with another kick, ok, but when you have 2\3 enemy in front of you, and it append like allways, you have no chance if you have shield because one enemy kick you, other enemy hit you.. if you try to parry you being stunned so you have no defence at all...so, i cant cut the leg with sword? or break it with a shield bash?...
possible the only way for a shield owner for defence himself from a kick is a kick? without chance for defend himself from other attacks? the shield have to be a difensive advantage not a handicap.

5) kick can kill you even when you have FULL PLATE ARMOR.... this no need other words.

6) power of attack, any weapon can oneshot you even when hit you with last part of animation, when speed and power cant have anymore deadlypower... (nonsense at all)

7) 1h mace is the best useless weapon of this game, is more slow than ALL weapon and dont do so much damage... why keep it?
infact NOONE use it.

i use all weapon in this game because the game have potential and is fun, but the question is... why i have to use 1h when the supremacy of 2h is looooooooooooong way better? what sense have 1h in this game? what sense have shield?
this game FORCE me to use just one tipe of weapons... 2Hs.

sorry again for my english

16 24
  • 27 Nov '19
 PPeebs

Well they just boosted most 1 handers and gave subtle nerfs to a lot of 2 handers. Still your points are valid... it is still a very 2 hand oriented game. I can see how from a beginners perspective it looks pretty crazy. The thing is there are counter points to a lot of what you raise here.

Take shields for instance; yes against multiple enemies you will probably get screwed. No, it doesn't make sense. But this isn't a realistic game. Things are the way they are for gameplay reasons, not realism. A shield can be a big advantage in a duel against one person because it allowed you to ignore feints and morphs. Against a group of people it still allows you to hold block against multiple people feinting and dragging. You just have to be prepared to drop block if you see someone about to kick. For that reason I suggest heater shield over kite shield if you're going to use one.

Likewise, a lot of the combat revolves around swing manipulation. You say mace is very slow, it can be but it's actually quite fast if used correctly, and the damage is not by any means bad, I think it is actually the hardest hitting of all the 1 handers, and it even out damages many 2 handers. It can 2 shot heavy armor because of being blunt. The stab used to be nightmarishly quick as well, though they did just slow that down in recent patch. But to do these things you have to understand drags and accels. I suggest looking those up on youtube if you want to get better.

673 278
  • 27 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

There are some good points he's making here, but I think the kick and shield interaction is fine, the kick stun could be a little shorter, it seems ridiculously long for only being a kick.
I've used heater shield in the past and changing most my builds to targe instead. Targe has a parry window like most the weapons but better turn cap. I only kept the heater shield for the builder I think.
I got kicked around aswell of course, but the heater shield is still great when you fight alongside teammates. If you hold off the foremost players, teammates will fight to your right and left, using your cover while you parry the majority of enemy attacks until you die. also, shields are decent at blocking doorways in defence scenario. So it's like PPeebs said, more of a balance Issue than plain realism here. I wanna see the new Patch play out, unfortunately I'll have to wait a couple more days to be able to enjoy it since my textures aren't streaming.

4 1
  • 27 Nov '19
 vahul

I understand this is all for gameplay balancing, but, the point is the same 2h are superior and game force to use it, this mean no balance at all. 64 players on map, 50 are 2h users 10 are bow\ranged\support users and 4 are 1h\1hshield users.
They need to find another way for make ALL build and ALL weapons with sense and balance.
1h must be more fast and less powerfull, 2h must be more slow but more powerfull.
For now 1h have less speed, less range and damage than 2h, this mean unbalancig.
Nerf stun duration or give to shield a proper counter.
I agree with some attack aganist shield like Kick stun, but the shield need a real counter from it, because one kick landed = death 100%.
Some time i have to deal with feintspammer player, i deal with situation like:
attack feinted in kick feinted in morfed and feinted attack in kick after kick again, an feinted attack without ANY serious stamina penalty, is ridicolous for me to see this tipe of "dance" in a fight.
Some time i kill even this dance, some time not, but is very ridicolous to see this dance during a fight, in my opinion is a poor mechanic, Spaming is a poor mechanic.
Any type of Spam without penalty, in a game, is a fail and kill strategy.
Just my opinion.