Mordhau

Holy s**t, they did it... They freakin' did it...

Sellsword 786 2336
  • 25 Nov '19
 Goof

holyshittheydidit.PNG

This, without exaggeration is the greatest change they have made in any patch. Seeing this single line of text on the patch notes was the kicker that made me reinstall.

EDIT Also, I literally cannot join any servers now. I guess the bear trap fix is what broke it.

Time to wait another 6 months for next patchie.

186 148
  • 26 Nov '19
 Cracksmith

Try putting it on an ssd or verifying the game files.

404 604
  • 26 Nov '19
 smug

Is this parody

496 200
  • 26 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

Time to uninstall.

1261 923
  • 26 Nov '19
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
Time to uninstall.

Instead of posting nonsense into every other thread, you should finally enlighten us about your standpoint there. Because it still doesn't make any sense.

496 200
  • 26 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

Maybe you should try playing trapper if things don't make sense to you.

1261 923
  • 27 Nov '19
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
Maybe you should try playing trapper if things don't make sense to you.

With that fix, people won't accidentally walk into friendly traps that often anymore or trigger random traps because it's not clearly obvious if it's set up by friend or foe.
It's a major improvement.

Again: Explain.

496 200
  • 27 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

I tried explaining already. People are gonna mess with your traps, like they're were already doing before, just now they know where all your traps are. Play trapper and stop asking for explanations.

1261 923
  • 27 Nov '19
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
I tried explaining already.

And people already answered that.
Again: Trolls now have it easier to find your traps in order to jump into them, but apart from that, the marker fixes pretty much all the major issues around traps.
And we won't hold back the game's progress because of some trolls, right?

496 200
  • 27 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

Don't need to jump into them they can just trigger them with weapons. Now that everyone can see the bear trap you should get penalty for triggering my friendly trap.

1261 923
  • 27 Nov '19
 esturias

Ok, so it's just about people triggering them, which never ever happened before the update.

Once again: How did the patch, which fixed most major issues around traps, make things so much worse that you want to uninstall because of trap markers?

496 200
  • 27 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

@esturias said:
Ok, so it's just about people triggering them, which never ever happened before the update.

Once again: How did the patch, which fixed most major issues around traps, make things so much worse that you want to uninstall because of trap markers?

It's mainly about people triggering them on purpose.
What part of "Play trapper yourself" don't you get? Why do you need someone to type things out in repetetive sentences before you understand what's the problem? You need to play trapper to understand why it's bad, that your whole team knows where you traps are and there's no penalty for destroying them. I literally cannot help you much more here.

I was joking when I said "time to uninstall".
Still, team markers are a bad decision backed by a majority of players who don't play trappers. As long as Teammates get no penalty for destroying my traps it will be done. BEFORE THE UPDATE my teammates didn't know my trap location, therefore could only destroy the ones they can find. Now 1 guy can just shut down all our teams traps in a single run and switch the team, knowing there would be only a few new traps placed and also knowing possible locations in case the trapper sets the same trap up again. You can call out trap locations across teams when playing with a friend on opposing teams and there are probably more ways to abuse the new system than there are actual benefits. Most will include switching teams at least once. If you lose -100 points every time you trigger a friendly bear trap I'd be happy again. But right now it's just nonsense.

Knight 5277 7117
  • 27 Nov '19
 Humble Staff

@PC_Principal said:

@esturias said:

It's mainly about people triggering them on purpose.
What part of "Play trapper yourself" don't you get? Why do you need someone to type things out in repetetive sentences before you understand what's the problem? You need to play trapper to understand why it's bad, that your whole team knows where you traps are and there's no penalty for destroying them. I literally cannot help you much more here.

I was joking when I said "time to uninstall".
Still, team markers are a bad decision backed by a majority of players who don't play trappers. As long as Teammates get no penalty for destroying my traps it will be done. BEFORE THE UPDATE my teammates didn't know my trap location, therefore could only destroy the ones they can find. Now 1 guy can just shut down all our teams traps in a single run and switch the team, knowing there would be only a few new traps placed and also knowing possible locations in case the trapper sets the same trap up again. You can call out trap locations across teams when playing with a friend on opposing teams and there are probably more ways to abuse the new system than there are actual benefits. Most will include switching teams at least once. If you lose -100 points every time you trigger a friendly bear trap I'd be happy again. But right now it's just nonsense.

Idk man, those sabotage methods seem way over the top to be used constantly every day.
While agree that a point loss for destroying allied traps would be a good detriment, if someone wants to troll his own team, his score will be the last of his worries. Trolls will always find a way, the key is to make trolling posibilities as much "not worth it" as posible.
Maybe you can make people get kicked for destroying allied traps too, say, 10 traps per match and you are out.

496 200
  • 27 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

You're absolutely right, I took the most extreme abuse example I could imagine, but other people come up with other methods. I want the point penalty, so it's obvious if a player has a negative score, that it might be a good Idea to kick them.
Trolls don't really care about being kicked either, but I care that the troll is kicked and score is reduced if you destroy allied catapult, ballista and also bear trap. Since you now have markers, and you can crouch over them, there literally isn't a reason to destroy friendly traps anymore.

1762 1828
  • 27 Nov '19
 SWSeriousMike

Brilliant idea. Plant traps under your team mates' asses and they not only get damaged and knocked down but also lose points. And all that to reduce trolling.
I don't know. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but to me that doesn't make any sense.

Knight 5277 7117
  • 27 Nov '19
 Humble Staff

He means if the allies disarm it by hitting them, not by steping on them and taking damage.

1762 1828
  • 28 Nov '19
 SWSeriousMike

He means that everyone out there just wants to disarm his traps while forgetting that there are lots of trolls who plant the traps directly below or behind allies.

Can you hit your allied nobles with them too?

496 200
  • 28 Nov '19
 PC_Principal

Trolling with traps is still very much possible. Yes you can hit nobles. What about we both lose points? The trapper and the person triggering / walking over the trap?

Plant traps under your team mates' asses

Exactly because if there are markers now, just wait until the fighting starts and then place your troll traps. This doesn't solve anything imo and trolls will find ways. Sorry to all the happy people here for ruining your supposedly good update.

Knight 5277 7117
  • 28 Nov '19
 Humble Staff

Nah don't worry, while this update has good things, it has some questionable ones, this game is still very much a work in progres

1762 1828
  • 28 Nov '19
 SWSeriousMike

@PC_Principal said:
Trolling with traps is still very much possible. Yes you can hit nobles. What about we both lose points? The trapper and the person triggering / walking over the trap?

Why stop here? Why not even add the damage to the friendly fire counter? And if you die to a team mate's trap it should be added to your team kill counter. That way the trolls just need to catch you a few times and you get autokicked.

Your suggestion is just ridiculous. You want people to lose points for getting attacked by trolling team mates. And that after you admitted that you team kill whenever you feel like it. Did you for one moment consider that YOU are the problem? If there are so many people that don't like your shitty trap placement that they are working in shifts just to disarm them, then maybe you are doing something wrong.