Mordhau

Feitora Suggestions

12 9
  • 17 Nov '19
 ImaShadyguy

Quick crash course on my opinion on the new map. Map's been out, It's been heavily played (Why is it an option in every map pool, wasn't that ability removed?) Invasion is fun for the first two defensive objectives.There are two heavy problems with the 2nd objective (I'll get to the third later)

• Camping Obj NPC's
  • Catapult.

Whenever I'm one of the 3 nobles, I literally have a blast running around obliterating the red team. I've had this huge issue since Grad Invasion and that's the Catapult. The moment someone starts cheesing hard with the catapult trying to get easy kills on the nobles, I change my sprinting route and avoid it entirely. The vast majority will than start camping with builders, which is a problem in of itself.

When the 2nd Objective starts, either despawn the Catapult and prevent the nobles from camping (make that big tower a dead zone for nobles.) This has been an ongoing problem with Player driven NPC's in Invasion. Grad itself is much worse where you physically can't go to the Catapult because its in a Blue dead zone.

The giant elephant in the room is the last objective. With all due respect to all of the developers the amount of manpower you guys have, you're trying and the people who have a right sense of mind know that but this last objective is a steaming pile of crap. It reeks, it feels like you're covered in it just by smelling it. The npc's have terrible/No AI. Defending them is impossible because firebombs burn through terrain, there are too many openings for people to snipe them/throw firebombs. It's an utter disaster. What's the point of the Giant Lord? the objective when you play him is "Survive" yet the game ends even if he's alive. All i've started doing is sprinting to the Red team spawn and start cleaving them non stop because that's the only thing that will slightly make us lose slower.

Make Peasant's Fireproof as a bandaid until you can properly assess the fundamental problem with this objective. At least we'll only have to deal with people sniping them from the windows, just do something.

On the notion of feedback, remove the ability to close the gates on all the gates. There's too many instances in both Invasion and frontline where griefers close the doors behind them and prevent people from getting inside. We single handedly lost a match because someone closed the gates and dropped barricades in front of the gate, forcing the entire team to take the ladders back into the map itself. Massive oversight there.

27 5
  • 18 Nov '19
 Sarevok

2nd Objective - Spread the 3 nobles out and limit them to certain levels of the fort. Despawn catapult.
3rd Objective - Remove the peasant icons for the attackers and have the villagers hide in the corners of walls in the buildings with the fireproof perk applied. Make the last commander activate after the peasants have died and spawn near the docks.

12 9
  • 18 Nov '19
 ImaShadyguy

@Sarevok said:
2nd Objective - Spread the 3 nobles out and limit them to certain levels of the fort. Despawn catapult.
3rd Objective - Remove the peasant icons for the attackers and have the villagers hide in the corners of walls in the buildings with the fireproof perk applied. Make the last commander activate after the peasants have died and spawn near the docks.

That sounds good, I'm not a fan of making the commander activate after the peasants have died however. I feel like making it a 2 part objective, destroy the boat(s) than slay the peasants and the commander. might be better? Probably not since we spawn on the docks, it would require the devs to rework the spawn points. I wouldn't want them to spawn blue outside of the castle because even with removing the intractable levers to drop the gates, people will be able to barricade off the gates, which will just be terrible period. I've seen an entire team being funneled through two ladders and its not pretty.

Fireproof perk is nice but they would still need to fix the way firebombs interact period, getting burned through walls needs to be fixed.

23 11
  • 18 Nov '19
 BenitoMussolini

first objective- burn the village
second-push the tower
third- kill the nobles, free the prisoners and rise the flag
fourth- burn the city and kill the citizens
fifth- destroy the supplies at the harbor

12 9
  • 19 Nov '19
 ImaShadyguy

@BenitoMussolini said:
first objective- burn the village
second-push the tower
third- kill the nobles, free the prisoners and rise the flag
fourth- burn the city and kill the citizens
fifth- destroy the supplies at the harbor

Map isn't that large. I can see push the tower, Kill the nobles, Destroy the boats and finally kill the citizens and commander.