Mordhau

What's the latest SDK news?

1 0
  • 8 Nov
 Cpt.Clapt

I figure it's still a good, long ways off, but I'm seriously excited to see what this bizarre community has to offer in terms of creativity for a game like this! Imagine beating people with baseball bats and such! I know mods are currently out, but as far as a workshop/SDK for Steam, is there a reasonable scope or time for this? And what resources are given to this side project?

21 8
  • 8 Nov
 Chizzler

@Cpt.Clapt said:
I figure it's still a good, long ways off, but I'm seriously excited to see what this bizarre community has to offer in terms of creativity for a game like this! Imagine beating people with baseball bats and such! I know mods are currently out, but as far as a workshop/SDK for Steam, is there a reasonable scope or time for this? And what resources are given to this side project?

I literally laughed so hard i just about plotzed!

The devs never come here. They never tell you what they are doing. They never say how long. They do not actually answer questions. The SDK is years away. There will be no community by then.

If our community manager manages to actually see your post during his monthly forum skim, and even respond, all he would do is break out his most genius crowd control tactic yet "we bad at timelines" and then go away for another month or 2.

The unfortunate mishandelling of Mordhau has left it good for only one thing. Keeping your situational awareness sharp between chivalry 1&2 and M&B 1&2.

1471 1562
21 8
  • 8 Nov
 Chizzler

@SWSeriousMike said:
Are you Botas?

If you have over 1400 comments and nearly every single one of them is spam, like the one you just made, how are YOU bot banned yet?

Something something incompetent devs

1471 1562

Is that a yes or a no?

860 644
  • 8 Nov
 esturias

@Chizzler said:
If you have over 1400 comments and nearly every single one of them is spam, like the one you just made, how are YOU bot banned yet?

Something something incompetent devs

[citation start] You are completely wrong. [citation end]

37 15

Probably not until Q2 2020 but that's a guess. Chivalry 2 is also around the corner so if the dev's need a fire under their ass to churn out work faster that'll be it. They need to contract map making out to at least keep it fresh.

Knight 240 1078
  • 9 Nov
 Corsario

If you have interest, we have an unofficial SDK and a very productive modding & mapping community around a discord channel. Private servers have already started hosting custom maps.

Duke 5496 13121
  • 11 Nov
 Jax — Community Manager

We're working on it, trying to figure out a bunch of technicalities really at the moment. Legal stuff etc. because unfortunately, that stuff is mega important. I'll make sure to let people know when we're making some big steps towards development on it!

37 15

Hey Jax what's the map situation. Can't you guys just get other people to make maps while you guys focus on other things?

10 12
  • 16h
 PPeebs

The way custom maps are hosted atm (on mod.io) is really flawed, because if you put say 10 maps on your server, then when a new player joins the server they are forced to download all 10 maps, not just the 1 map currently playing. I joined a server once and it made me download 2.5 gb to get in. The only reason I bothered was because I have high speed & uncapped bandwidth, but for most people that's impractical.

And the worst part is that you can't even tell how much the download is initially because each mods is split into its own download. This 2.5 gb started out as 200 mb, then 500, then 300, etc. It also eats up gigs of HDD space when you store 20 custom maps that you might not ever play.

Of course it's all better than nothing, but it would be nice if this at least could be fixed somehow. Such as, say, steam workshop support, I'm not sure what's so hard about that.