Mordhau

When will voice chat be added? (Proximity preferably)

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

So when will voice chat be added? It will be a very nice feature and make the community stronger. Will it be out by april 2020?

Alot of people say that "ohh noo im a pussy I dont want to have to mute alot of people" "oh nooo it will bring alot of lag and toxicity"

but I think its all bullshit. As an example that none of that will be true, theres this painfully underrated game called "Holdfast: Nations at war". The game is based on the napoleon wars and has 200 player servers. Yes, 200 PLAYER SERVERS, but the average players are like 110.

The game HAS PROXIMITY CHAT and yes. The community is very toxic and meme infested but thats what makes it arguably the best game community. People love to roleplay and put on some shitty british accents and just fuck around all the time. The community really makes what should have been a historically acurate game based on the napoleonic wars into a hidden gem with a tiny player base.

Voice chat will NOT RUIN THE GAME. Dont like it? Alright then, make it an option to turn it off. Not a problem. None of you have expirienced proxi chat at its best.

53 51
  • 7 Nov
 Cracksmith

When pigs fly, hopefully.

860 644
  • 7 Nov
 esturias

As long as I can turn it off, I couldn't care less.
But then again... no idea why you'd need it so much in a game like Mordhau.

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

It just adds to the community and maybe even teamwork with stragedy (even though we all know that will never happen)

1471 1562

But I'm a pussy and don't want to mute a lot of people.

Sellsword 224 259
  • 7 Nov
 Redeaux

This game needs voice chat so I can do this again for Mordhau:

6 0
  • 7 Nov
 OceanSause

I understand if earrape spam is a problem but jesus christ try to have some fun

1369 3921

@OceanSause said:

I had fun once its over rated

860 644
  • 8 Nov
 esturias

@OceanSause said:

If I want that kind of fun, I join some friends on a teamspeak server.
Just imagine how your "fun" would look (or sound) like, with a community like this one...

Knight 52 63
  • 8 Nov
 Josh

The biggest benefit I can see with proximity chat would be the improved comms in small scale fights (think 5v5 skirmishes).

Currently it can be difficult to communicate imminent threats or ask for help in voice chats, because everyone needs to mentally track where other players are in order for concise comms to be useful and saying things like "Behind", "Behind, left" etc. will often be useless due to how fast paced the game is. By the time you've said it, it might not be true anymore.

If an enemy is standing between you and Bob, shouting "Bob, swing at me!" in non-proximity voice chat often won't get a quick or useful response unless Bob knows exactly who said it, where they are, asking Bob to "swing behind!" might cause him to swing somewhere else if he has rotated at all since you started saying it. But with a proximity chat, Bob will immediately know the direction and distance of the person asking for help.

Another benefit would be having comms in small public matches without the need to get everyone in an external voice chat.

For frontline/invasion, maybe it could be good if we had a "mute by default" option? And we can manually unmute people we think aren't retarded with a button press, like we currently can for voice lines.

6 0
  • 8 Nov
 OceanSause

Yeah it can get pretty cancerous but a solution would be to have a press and hold a button to talk. Like the game i was using as an example, in Holdfast you have to press and hold to talk. It doesnt stop people from spamming typical eartaped music but it really does tone it down. Its not even that bad tbh.

6 0
  • 9 Nov
 OceanSause

People dont seem to really agree with this.

Please take your time and look up "Holdfast nations at war funny moments"on youtube. You'll have a good laugh. This is what proxi chat can turn a community into. Pure gold. Heres one of my favs btw. I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

42 130
  • 9 Nov
 KingOfSow

@OceanSause said:

Please take your time and look up "Holdfast nations at war funny moments"on youtube. You'll have a good laugh. This is what proxi chat can turn a community into. Pure gold. Heres one of my favs btw. I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

Those "funny moments" happen maybe 1% of the time though, and the rest 99% is absolute earrape or people yelling random shit at everyone. And if thats what happens in Holdfast can you imagine Mordhau?

1471 1562

@OceanSause said:
I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

That's a promise broken. The video actually makes a strong case for why voice chat is a bad idea.

860 644
  • 9 Nov
 esturias

@OceanSause said:
I promise you'll get at least a smile out of it.

Made me smile a few times, but as it has been said already, those are funny moments that happen every now and then, the rest is just stupid noise.
And... again: Imagine that happening with a community like this one.

Bottomline: That's just not the kind of "fun" I'm looking for in a game like this here, but like I said, I couldn't care less as long as I can turn it off. Right now I'd adlready love to turn off the voice spam all together...

6 0
  • 9 Nov
 OceanSause

@KingOfSow said:

@OceanSause said:

Those "funny moments" happen maybe 1% of the time though, and the rest 99% is absolute earrape or people yelling random shit at everyone. And if thats what happens in Holdfast can you imagine Mordhau?

Well alot of people are disagreeing, and I see why. Maybe it just isnt everyones cup of tea. The game has a tiny community but shit like that does not happen 1% of the time. I just wanted more communities like that but maybe not this one I guess since nobody is really looking forward to it