Mordhau

Heavy Armour with shied is the objective easiest way to play the game.

4 6

3 Armour and shields take little to no skill. You cannot change my mind. I will respect a light player way before i respect a heavy player. you are all trash and you know it.

Knight 227 520
  • 6 Nov
 Duckalot

Ok, good talk!

150 58
 CarnifeX

there are a lot other loadouts that needs zero skill,

spear as example is just stressing the mousewheel and a poop of aiming, even if you miss, the time-window at animation-end gives you enough room to re-adjust and still hit,
same if you stand near an enemy ready to kiss his ass, your spear will never miss, it goes from a size of a rivet extendable to 30m pen** enlargement in half of a second...,
or just stabjump with the spear, you wont miss 99% of these and nearly always impale the enemy head

3 armour and shield... ? lol
3 armour is already slow as shit, the shields are only a problem if you stand against more than one and gainst a lot of enemys aswell, they are actually nothing than a support
alone... you can outrun shields so easily, i never need a morph, chamber, feint and whatever
just fakerun to the one side and then drag to the other side and just outrun him - guaranteed hit
or just wait aslong the block n parry show goes and time an accel right
or just push him into a corner and kick the shit outta him, i bet half of the team will magicallly spawn next to you immediatly and you'll kick together the shit outta him ;)

i'm not an expert of all these pre-calculated fights, everyone is talking about in chats and forums
i didnt even translated everything, to understand whats an riposte-chamber-bing-bong youtube-move is,
and i'm also not one of these guys, which makes a science out of every pixel in a game,
but i would assume, you need more practive, if you've a problem with 3 armour and shields

1126 1770

@CarnifeX said:

just fakerun to the one side and then drag to the other side and just outrun him - guaranteed hit
or just wait aslong the block n parry show goes and time an accel right
or just push him into a corner and kick the shit outta him, i bet half of the team will magicallly spawn next to you immediatly and you'll kick together the shit outta him ;)

You can read a drag with a shield and still not be able to get the shield over in time due purely to shield's turncap. This is exacerbated when a draggy weapon is used by a player with light armor who can dance around you easily.

3/3/3 Shield is THE ONLY way to play shield because simply having the shield, even on your back, gives you the same walking speed as full armor anyways.

I often get kicked to death when I use one hander. But getting kicked to death with a shield is far more likely. People see the shield and know to kick. Kicks magically get two extra feet of range against kicks.

Shields need a rework.

Knight 2262 4076
  • 7 Nov
 Runagate

Remove held blocks

73 43
 Aodlop

I perform worse with shields actually, I found. I'm too used to timing-parry and instant riposte to maintain the block key held like a complete retard and I fail to see how I'd achieve proper results playing in that fashion.
My favourite and most efficient way to play is with a Zweihander, almost naked. I don't even need to parry because I can run in the other direction with my movement speed, I have insane range and 2-hit kills, sometimes 1 depending on what my opponent is wearing.

1493 1577

@Runagate said:
Remove held blocks

Farming for easy likes, I see. :P

Knight 5149 6910

@Runagate said:
Remove held blocks

Or make held blocks have to aim where they block.

Empress 376 875

@Humble Staff said:

@Runagate said:
Remove held blocks

Or make held blocks have to aim where they block.

Ye

Make their block/parry fucking whatever bubble not massive like parry is in general

1126 1770

Give us back Alpha patch 14/15 shields, please. No need for massive shield hit box, kick stun or sluggish turn cap.

Even with an accurate parry box, Kite shield would still be large enough for noobs yet require proper aiming and allowing better players to out play the shield without cheese.

Heater shield should be a skill based tool. Not a set of training wheels.

Knight 5149 6910

That to be honest, i remember playing that alpha patch with Vanguard, i was having fun being able to use shields without feeling like i was cheating and he was having fun by having to learn new ways of coming on top that don't involve breaking space time physics.

1126 1770

I had the most fun in this game in patch 14/15. And yeah why should everything come down to timing? Timing deceptions dont look good and they certainly isn't intuitive to break time and physics.

It stands to reason that the one tool that negates timing completely should be very mindful of locational deceptions.