Mordhau

Abusive players

971 699
 esturias

@Redeaux said:
The statements I replied to with reaction images were logically untenable. If you think otherwise I would suggest re-reading them. The reaction images were accurate in that your response was extremely embarrassing as it showed an extremely warped, naive, and contextually inaccurate perception of games. You subsequent reply only furthers my point.

That's all nothing but baseless claims and we could perfectly turn that around, so that won't get us anywhere. So why don't you simply tell us where we are wrong with anything we wrote in the previous posts?

Don't get mad over words on a screen. If you find this happening to yourself, rethink your definition of the word "adult".

That's something that people defending toxicity often don't seem to understand: Not everyone arguing against toxicity does get offended or mad about it.
I for one don't use the mute function at all - except it's a stupid spammer. I don't get offended by it, I don't get mad about it. I just think that the kind of toxicity we are talking about doesn't have a place in any game, like it doesn't have any place in the rest of our public society. It's solely meant to harm other people and it ruins the idea of multiplayer gaming, so I have no idea how anyone could support that.
And what people also tend to forget: If it's all so illogical and whatnot to argue against toxicity... how comes that most of the games out there have a lot stricter rules against it, enforcing them quite actively?

Sellsword 226 264
  • 7 Nov
 Redeaux

@SWSeriousMike said:
You are an imbecile if you think that throwing around racial slurs and insults at strangers over the internet is 'trash talk'.

Now nobody go using any of them super duper bad words now ya hear? Make sure to use only approved insults.

I'm sorry that your childhood was a mess but don't you think it would be adequate to try and break the cycle?

Ah yes, I'm a huge advocate for social change via video games. Bro listen to yourself. This is some next level cringe.

!cringe.jpg

1560 1618

I'm not talking about social change. I'm talking about changing yourself. Become a real person and don't hide behind memes. Memes are not a replacement for personality. Especially if you just repost them all the time without a hint of originality.
You have no idea what trash talk actually means. Insulting strangers isn't trash talk, dude.

If I had to guess you were bullied at school a lot or had abusive parents. Now do you feel better trying to inflict the same mistreatment unto others? Does it change a thing or are you still angry at the world?

55 38

@esturias said:
Just think about it: Why should the normal people have to mute the toxic ones while the toxic people can keep spreading the toxicity?

Because toxic is the new normal. Adapt.
Also, because there is a cost to introducing a police that would watch all servers chats and react. And as someone said: trolls would be very happy to fight the police every possible way, it's what they like to do, and we would all have to witness that shit. I'm afraid ignoring them is the best way to fight them.

Mute button isn't perfect, but I'm not sure if there is anything better?

btw. playing without chat is quite fun (you can turn it off in settings)

971 699
  • 11 Nov
 esturias

@elgcahlxukuth666 said:
Because toxic is the new normal. Adapt.

Adapt? You mean ignore. And that's the road to ruin.

Mute button isn't perfect, but I'm not sure if there is anything better?

Noone is asking for a sniper aiming through your window as soon as you open the chat. Just some simple steps to improve the situation, that would already be a good start. Things that are the standard in other games - even those so-called "indie games".

btw. playing without chat is quite fun (you can turn it off in settings)

Nah, I like chatting in games, even some nice banter. But that perfectly works without toxicity.

2388 4850
  • 11 Nov
 Maci

@SWSeriousMike said:
I'm not talking about social change. I'm talking about changing yourself. Become a real person and don't hide behind memes. Memes are not a replacement for personality. Especially if you just repost them all the time without a hint of originality.
You have no idea what trash talk actually means. Insulting strangers isn't trash talk, dude.

If I had to guess you were bullied at school a lot or had abusive parents. Now do you feel better trying to inflict the same mistreatment unto others? Does it change a thing or are you still angry at the world?

1572101746355.jpg

Conscript 748 1555
  • 12 Nov
 ohshitsorry

tyrone and his son

350 143

@Redeaux said:

@LuxCandidus said:
I don't know what growing up you perceive Esturias needs to do, but your use of reaction images outside of an imageboard, and in lieu of arguments, makes you seem very mentally underdeveloped.

The statements I replied to with reaction images were logically untenable. If you think otherwise I would suggest re-reading them. The reaction images were accurate in that your response was extremely embarrassing as it showed an extremely warped, naive, and contextually inaccurate perception of games. You subsequent reply only furthers my point.

Online games are a collaborative activity, the same way sports are. In sports there is a quality called sportsmanship, which prevents players from being antisocial toward one another, and casually throwing out slurs toward the opposing team, or worse, their own team.

The argument in question has nothing to do with the competitive scene as it is fairly stringent already.

Online games are a collaborative activity, the same way sports are. In sports there is a quality called sportsmanship, which prevents players from being antisocial toward one another, and casually throwing out slurs toward the opposing team, or worse, their own team. There is nothing defensible about being inconsiderate and rude toward other human beings when you have chosen to engage in a group activity, even if you are separated by a computer.

This is untenable for at least three reasons:

First: What is FFA for 500?
Second: Your over-idealized view of sports shows that you must not have played them that much. I seem to remember a lot of trash talk and extremely unkind things being said. Honestly far worse than anything I've seen on Mordhau. So please, miss me with that high ground angle.
Third: The game is inherently not a "group activity" for everyone. You again fail to apply your ideas at any scope larger than yourself. People can elect to play in any way they wish. I happen to know a great many who play solely to be at the top of the leaderboard with little regard for anybody else, and who am I to judge. Some people love to spark a negative reaction in other people. Is it wrong? Sure, but once again it is not my place to judge. Everyone's definition of fun varies.

Don't get mad over words on a screen. If you find this happening to yourself, rethink your definition of the word "adult".

6y873549139781.jpg

Shut up, your images are stupid. If you have nothing to say, get lost. If you wanna say something, try words instead, like other people using forums, or go to instagram.

Conscript 748 1555

Shut up, your images are stupid. If you have nothing to say, get lost. If you wanna say something, try words instead, like other people using forums, or go to instagram.

1560 1618

Edit: Nevermind. This isn't the off-topic subforum.

Conscript 748 1555

please unedit the post