Mordhau

Abusive players

Knight 219 593

There needs to be implemented a report feature and the votekick feature needs a solid tweak. People write racist and sexist messages without consequense all the time. It doesn't really bother me all that much, but its a matter that needs dealing with. Also, the abuse of votekicking is really annoying, sometimes you get kicked completely unprevoked, just because someone made a troll vote. The teamdamage isn't very well displayed, so many players will likely just press a random button to get it off the screen. A typical case is that you try to kick either a player trolling the team or writing racist comments, and when most of the playerbase vote "no", they then proceed to votekick you back and you get kicked yourself, quite annoying. Therefore I've completely stopped engaging in conversations or votekicking abusive players because the system is broken. I'm not saying that the freedom of speech should be reduced, only that there should be some way to report other players and that the report would actually be taken seriously.

Sellsword 773 2306
  • 5 Nov
 Goof

@Goof said:
Duel servers have been overrun by trolls abusing the votekick system for the past few days.

Nearly impossible to stay in the server unless you let them RDM you repeatedly. Once you kill them for attempting, they start a votekick.

The main problem is that idiots don't pay attention and press Page Up for everything.

Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about it unless you have your own server and actively have admins who keep things in check.

Sellsword 773 2306
  • 5 Nov
 Goof

I've considered purchasing a server for dueling but shit's expensive.

975 702
  • 5 Nov
 esturias

A report feature right ingame would actually be a quite bad idea. Every idiot and troll would just spam reports, making it useless again.
And who would deal with those reports? The devs, who still refuse to care about anything?

Sellsword 226 266
 Redeaux

@Mr_Obliviousness said:
There needs to be implemented a report feature and the votekick feature needs a solid tweak. People write racist and sexist messages without consequense all the time. It doesn't really bother me all that much, but its a matter that needs dealing with.

There's a mute feature. Also this is the internet, people are going to say bad things, nobody cares. A report system would be useless. Somebody on the internet shouldn't be able to make you that mad. Get thicker skin, ignore/mute people who say crap you don't like, and find a server where the community is more your speed.

87365098235.jpg

975 702
  • 6 Nov
 esturias

@Redeaux said:
Also this is the internet,

That's the most stupid and ignorant argument you can use in this context.

Neither a mute function nor a thick skin does stop people to be toxic, so no idea how that is supposed to be a solution for the problem.

Sellsword 226 266
 Redeaux

That's the most stupid and ignorant argument you can use in this context.

Ironic given how your reply was both stupid and ignorant.

Neither a mute function nor a thick skin does stop people to be toxic, so no idea how that is supposed to be a solution for the problem.

A mute function stops you from seeing people say insulting things, that appears to solve the problem of communications abuse. Trolls feed off of attention, stop giving them the reaction they want and they will go away.

toxic

I love how whenever that word is used it's always a case of projection.
487469084654684-0.gif

4 7

Mute functions are extremely effective as a means to shelter yourself from behavior that you consider offensive . It is stupid and ignorant to ignore a feature that keeps you from experiencing toxic behavior. You dont need to be the police of the game, you need to just mind your business and mute if you dont like something. the old ma.jpg

975 702
  • 6 Nov
 esturias

@Redeaux said:
Ironic given how your reply was both stupid and ignorant.

How so? Feel free to elaborate.
How is toxicity "the internet"?

A mute function stops you from seeing people say insulting things, that appears to solve the problem of communications abuse. Trolls feed off of attention, stop giving them the reaction they want and they will go away.

A mute function is a quick help against spammers and similar kinds of people, but it is and will always be nothing but a bad compromise. On the long run it doesn't help to reduce the toxicity at all.
Just think about it: Why should the normal people have to mute the toxic ones while the toxic people can keep spreading the toxicity?

I love how whenever that word is used it's always a case of projection.

Again. Elaborate.

10 8
  • 6 Nov
 jmg052985

Yeah, if someone is being "racist" or "sexist" there's really no need to report them, just mute them or ignore them. However, the vote kick system does need to be fixed.

Sellsword 226 266
  • 7 Nov
 Redeaux

@esturias said:
A mute function is a quick help against spammers and similar kinds of people, but it is and will always be nothing but a bad compromise. On the long run it doesn't help to reduce the toxicity at all.
Just think about it: Why should the normal people have to mute the toxic ones while the toxic people can keep spreading the toxicity?

78361296731.png

Knight 601 2021

I know, right? What an autist, expecting people be punished for their antisocial behaviour, which also infringes the rules, and expecting the obligation to fall on such people to behave decently rather than on innocent people to constantly mute others or hide the entirety of the chat.

975 702
  • 7 Nov
 esturias

@Redeaux said:
[picture that doesn't fit at all]

Sooo... Since you can't communicate like a normal human being, I have to assume that you are a part of the problem.
Grow up.

Sellsword 226 266
 Redeaux

@LuxCandidus

176351831415.png

I'm sorry people don't talk the way you want them to.

@esturias said:
grow up

I would suggest that you model your advice.

Knight 601 2021

I don't know what growing up you perceive Esturias needs to do, but your use of reaction images outside of an imageboard, and in lieu of arguments, makes you seem very mentally underdeveloped.

Online games are a collaborative activity, the same way sports are. In sports there is a quality called sportsmanship, which prevents players from being antisocial toward one another, and casually throwing out slurs toward the opposing team, or worse, their own team. There is nothing defensible about being inconsiderate and rude toward other human beings when you have chosen to engage in a group activity, even if you are separated by a computer.

Sellsword 226 266
 Redeaux

@LuxCandidus said:
I don't know what growing up you perceive Esturias needs to do, but your use of reaction images outside of an imageboard, and in lieu of arguments, makes you seem very mentally underdeveloped.

The statements I replied to with reaction images were logically untenable. If you think otherwise I would suggest re-reading them. The reaction images were accurate in that your response was extremely embarrassing as it showed an extremely warped, naive, and contextually inaccurate perception of games. You subsequent reply only furthers my point.

Online games are a collaborative activity, the same way sports are. In sports there is a quality called sportsmanship, which prevents players from being antisocial toward one another, and casually throwing out slurs toward the opposing team, or worse, their own team.

The argument in question has nothing to do with the competitive scene as it is fairly stringent already.

Online games are a collaborative activity, the same way sports are. In sports there is a quality called sportsmanship, which prevents players from being antisocial toward one another, and casually throwing out slurs toward the opposing team, or worse, their own team. There is nothing defensible about being inconsiderate and rude toward other human beings when you have chosen to engage in a group activity, even if you are separated by a computer.

This is untenable for at least three reasons:

First: What is FFA for 500?
Second: Your over-idealized view of sports shows that you must not have played them that much. I seem to remember a lot of trash talk and extremely unkind things being said. Honestly far worse than anything I've seen on Mordhau. So please, miss me with that high ground angle.
Third: The game is inherently not a "group activity" for everyone. You again fail to apply your ideas at any scope larger than yourself. People can elect to play in any way they wish. I happen to know a great many who play solely to be at the top of the leaderboard with little regard for anybody else, and who am I to judge. Some people love to spark a negative reaction in other people. Is it wrong? Sure, but once again it is not my place to judge. Everyone's definition of fun varies.

Don't get mad over words on a screen. If you find this happening to yourself, rethink your definition of the word "adult".

6y873549139781.jpg

Knight 601 2021

Never before has so much been said, and meant so little. I know it is practically a cliche to say you missed the point, but you genuinely have not even begun to understand what is being said to you.

Firstly, not having an allied team such as in FFA and competitive duels does not mean you are not cooperating with others. You are playing a game, and whether it is a physical sport or a digital game, you have agreed to follow a set of rules for the sake of having fun. The point of sportsmanship is be respectful and considerate even to your opponents rather than to demonise them and berate them, because they are not your literal enemies, but merely opponents in the game you have mutually agreed to play. Maybe this sounds like some moral high ground to you, but to me it sounds like basic manners.

Secondly, a game allowing for many ways to be played and enjoyed does not justify having fun by harassing others. There are rules in place. And I know that on the playground you hear children call each other names, but when I was referring to sportsmanship, I more so meant the Olympics, where people do not call each other racial slurs just because they are having fun in their own way.

Thirdly, your assumption that someone would only hold this position because they get offended over words is extremely revealing of how closed-minded your thinking is, and since your arguments - and I am being generous by calling them that - are all predicated on that false assumption, you might as well have mashed the keyboard for a few seconds and hit reply, because it would have made no difference.

Sellsword 226 266
  • 7 Nov
 Redeaux

@LuxCandidus said:
Never before has so much been said, and meant so little. I know it is practically a cliche to say you missed the point, but you genuinely have not even begun to understand what is being said to you.

I find this statement ironic.

Firstly, not having an allied team such as in FFA and competitive duels does not mean you are not cooperating with others.

But it doesn't mean you are, this is a failure to acknowledge that people can interpret things differently than you do.

The point of sportsmanship is be respectful and considerate even to your opponents rather than to demonise them and berate them, because they are not your literal enemies, but merely opponents in the game you have mutually agreed to play.

The point of sportsmanship is to show respect to the sport. Mordhau is not a sport to most. Also trash talk is extremely common in both amateur and professional sports, that point still stands. Many athletes would seem to have interpretations of sportsmanship contrary to yours. Once again, a failure to acknowledge that people can view things differently than you.

Also on the topic of sportsmanship, ancient boxers often showed much respect for one another before a bout, however they would have no problem boxing to the death if needed. Killing a person doesn't seem very "respectful and considerate". Come to think of it, getting run over by a linebacker isn't very "considerate" either. Hey at least he didn't call me names right? Dude have you ever played sports at all? They're one of the least considerate ways to spend your time.

Secondly, a game allowing for many ways to be played and enjoyed does not justify having fun by harassing others. There are rules in place. And I know that on the playground you hear children call each other names, but when I was referring to sportsmanship, I more so meant the Olympics, where people do not call each other racial slurs just because they are having fun in their own way.

Mordhau is at the same level of scrutiny/professionalism as the olympics now? Well I feel honored.

Thirdly, your assumption that someone would only hold this position because they get offended over words

What was that?

I know, right? What an autist, expecting people be punished for their antisocial behaviour, which also infringes the rules, and expecting the obligation to fall on such people to behave decently rather than on innocent people to constantly mute others or hide the entirety of the chat.

Oh yea, hypocrisy.

492649824.gif

1570 1626

You are an imbecile if you think that throwing around racial slurs and insults at strangers over the internet is 'trash talk'.

I'm sorry that your childhood was a mess but don't you think it would be adequate to try and break the cycle?