Mordhau

A lot of people above level 100 are just tirred of this game...

42 25
  • 3 Nov
 Wilkham

They're all in duel dying to each others knowing one day this game will die. They get bored of being too good at the point they don't find any pleasure playing the game in 64 mode.
They still play but it's only to reassure themselves that all their playtime and experience in this game was not wasted.
Sadly, nothing new is going to happen and the community will die out.

103 33
  • 3 Nov
 CazzyVR

Then go play something else for the Time Being. The point of PC is we have a untold Number of Games we can play, If you tire of a Game go play something else, simple as that.

24 18
  • 3 Nov
 xXLuxXx

As an Alpha +100 level player, i can definitely confirm that the game is increasingly boring.

I thought animations would be fixed like 2 months ago, but they havent?

Swings are so indiscernible from one another. A forward overhead could just as easily be a left backswing to someone that doesnt wake up and Anime train on Mordhau.... I think this video says it best honestly .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lus3GgLXNmM.

There are many games where exploits = skill... and mordhau is just one of them now. The only players that will be around this game in the foreseeable future are the ones that think they are masters of deception just because they found some way to exploit the turncap too appear like a bi-polar homeless man in SF asking for change before their strike.

I thought this game would be about responding to another players aggression, tactics, and strategy, ... but its just about looking as goofy as possible at all times while fighting.

886 656
  • 3 Nov
 esturias

Well. Normal players get bored rather soon, let's say at level 20 or 40, so it's to be expected that even the nolifer players get bored earlier than expected, too.

Since we're at it: So far I didn't meet a single high-level player who didn't use cheap tactics or easy weapons to win. In other games I always enjoyed meeting those experts, but here it was quite disappointing so far...

Knight 1388 3162

Team objective where

Conscript 190 474
  • 3 Nov
 Shovonem

Once you get decent at the game, playing against casual players become quite boring and so does duelling. Get into competitive. Play in scrims, get clan buddies. That's where the real fun is at.

103 33
  • 3 Nov
 CazzyVR

Yah, I always see the same "Tactic" being used by High levels. It's always Naked Dudes, Maul and a shit ton of Perks. They don't even bother Blocking or Fighting with some Sanity, just run straight into a Horde and Swing that Maul hoping to kill at least 10 People. Funny enough everytime I see them I stab in back with a Rapier and adopt a Defensive Stance with a Heater Shield and they fall like Flies cause now their Naked Maul Tactic got foiled. Doesn't always work but sometimes. But still annoying. Plus I'm sure not every Medieval Knight was A) Naked and B) used a Maul or Spear

Knight 21 22

@CazzyVR said:
Yah, I always see the same "Tactic" being used by High levels. It's always Naked Dudes, Maul and a shit ton of Perks. They don't even bother Blocking or Fighting with some Sanity, just run straight into a Horde and Swing that Maul hoping to kill at least 10 People. Funny enough everytime I see them I stab in back with a Rapier and adopt a Defensive Stance with a Heater Shield and they fall like Flies cause now their Naked Maul Tactic got foiled. Doesn't always work but sometimes. But still annoying. Plus I'm sure not every Medieval Knight was A) Naked and B) used a Maul or Spear

I don't really agree with this opinion on the idea that the "high levels" meme in public frontline only, unless you just mean high levels as in people that grind the game and never really try to get better or play serious comp. I'm NA so I can only speak from experience, but "Ronguat" is probably the highest level player that often plays in public frontline and since he streams he attracts other high players to those games as well, and they just sweat in them. The players that use these meme builds I think are just average or above average players that think they're a lot better than they really are, and you're right in saying that they fall like flies even easier than other players CUZ meme builds get PUNISHED.

Duchess 782 3462
  • 5 Nov
 Stouty

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
Team objective where

We have it already, it's called invasion. What a garbage meme that TO would save this game when it's the same mode that chiv had (does anyone need to be reminded of the player count in that game?).

The game needed an accessible small team ranked mode, not more of the same

6 4
  • 6 Nov
 reym

Asking for myself I was and still am just waiting team ranked duels to play with one+ friend(s) and that's probably the only thing that will get me back in this game (like idk2V2, 3V3, 5V5) until then I'll barely touch the game. I really don't see what's stopping them from doing this since you more or less just have to make a matchmaking system that either make an average score between the ranking of the players grouping up (average that can tend more on the highest ranked player to avoid extreme cases of "power leveling"). Or they could create a system where each new group created register an additionnal ranking (ex: Battlerite).

I only play the 64 format for the "atmosphere" of it more than anything and I just change server when it ends up in invasion/team objective because it's just boring compared to their frontline mode which achieve to just be way more dynamic even when the game is one sided.