Mordhau

Invasion is boring and imbalanced

8 10
 Proxava

You force me to pick red, if I want to attack.

You force me to pick blue, if I want to defend.

Why do you force a team to defend and the other to attack? Also defending is a lot more diffuclt and not-rewarding than attacking, as you have to pick classes like builder, whereas as attacker you can simply play the usual 24/7-rushing-whatever-character.

I recommend adding options for the defenders to attack and the attackers to defend. For example add a commander for the attacking team. Choose him after a certain amount of time as the best player of the team. If this commander dies, the attacking team loses.

Also change the way how objective players like commander and warden work. Let them also regenerate life, but slowly, or add a function to heal them as a mate. It should be rewarding to fight as commander/warden also.

From a strategic viewpoint the whole invasion mode is boring, as it is just a very asymmetric and not-rewarding way of the game, as for completing objectives you don't get anything!

860 644
  • 3 Nov
 esturias

@Proxava said:
You force me to pick red, if I want to attack.

You force me to pick blue, if I want to defend.

Why do you force a team to defend and the other to attack?

Ehm... because that's the point of a defend and attack gamemode?

Also defending is a lot more diffuclt and not-rewarding than attacking, as you have to pick classes like builder, whereas as attacker you can simply play the usual 24/7-rushing-whatever-character.

Indeed, that's one of the many problems.
Not the fact that you often have to pick support classes, but the fact that playing those isn't much rewarding right now.

I recommend adding options for the defenders to attack and the attackers to defend.

That would be Frontline...

Also change the way how objective players like commander and warden work. Let them also regenerate life, but slowly, or add a function to heal them as a mate.

Hell no... that would make camping and hiding even more effective.

It should be rewarding to fight as commander/warden also.

Agreed. Right now the get raged at as soon as they actively participate in the match. Might be because hiding their nobles is the only way for Blue to win the match...

From a strategic viewpoint the whole invasion mode is boring, as it is just a very asymmetric and not-rewarding way of the game, as for completing objectives you don't get anything!

It being asymmetric is absolutely no problem, it just needs to be balanced. Right now it's a very badly balanced, half-baked concept.

10 12
  • 10 Nov
 PPeebs

Personally I think OP is right about the health regen. There needs to be a change with the way nobles work, right now the only incentive they have is to go max turtle and disengage from enemies, because it is in no way worth it to your team for you to be fighting, even if you are the best player on the team. Your survival is the objective, and any hit you take is a massive loss; people bitch at nobles for hiding in the tower on Feitoria for instance, but logically speaking it is by far the best move for them to make.

Still, I think there's a better option for nobles than health regen and that is to regain health on kill, as normal players already do. Reduce the amount a bit, to factor in how easy it is to get kills, but give them some incentive to actually fight. This means the nobles won't cower like spineless chickens in the back of the fort but instead come out and try to kill people so that they can remain alive. This makes it more balanced and more interesting for both attackers and defenders.

He's also totally right about attackers needing noble players. Right now in Grad and even more so Feitoria, all the best players just stack blue team at the start, since why wouldn't they; their options are between become a king (practically), or repeatedly die climbing a ladder.