Mordhau

I'm French, and I'm very sad.

72 42
  • 31 Oct
 Aodlop

We, the noble people of France, cannot use any emote for some reason. Pressing the number keys does nothing on a sexy AZERTY French keyboard. It's been like this since forever, yet nothing is done.
I too want to be extremely toxic with the foppish voice, but I can't. Instead, I'm left spamming the V key to shout repeatedly with the Eager voice.

Enough is enough. This needs to be fixed.

Duke 5496 13121
  • 31 Oct
 Jax — Community Manager

hmm, didn't know this. I'll bring this up to the team and see what the issue is / if there are solutions

Knight 2261 4074
  • 31 Oct
 Runagate

stop being french

860 644
  • 31 Oct
 esturias

Wow.

This is what don't get about this team. This post gets an answer within 5 minutes, but other ones, which report a major issue, give detailed feedback or are very helpful in another way - nothing. Nothing at all.
I guess our socalled "Community Manager" just made his weekly stroll (or scroll) through the first few centimeters of the "General Discussion" forum and clicked on this because he expected some funny nonsense thread to laugh a bit about...

1369 3921

@esturias said:
Wow.

This is what don't get about this team. This post gets an answer within 5 minutes, but other ones, which report a major issue, give detailed feedback or are very helpful in another way - nothing. Nothing at all.
I guess our socalled "Community Manager" just made his weekly stroll (or scroll) through the first few centimeters of the "General Discussion" forum and clicked on this because he expected some funny nonsense thread to laugh a bit about...

you gotta be French for Jax to notice you its rule 8 in the forum rules

72 42
  • 31 Oct
 Aodlop

@Jax said:
hmm, didn't know this. I'll bring this up to the team and see what the issue is / if there are solutions

Thanks, this is very much appreciated. For more details regarding this most dramatic issue, just type "mordhau emote french keyboard" in your Google Search Bar. There are a few threads already waiting to be read.

72 95

Sorry for double post.

72 95
  • 31 Oct
 SoRoofless

Meanwhile, I’m here with a problem quite the opposite. Voice lines are mad annoying, can we please get a mute all button? LOL srsly if I come home from work the last thing I want to hear is CONSTANT meme voice lines and screaming. All I really want to hear is grunts from attacks and landed hits.

Duke 5496 13121
  • 1 Nov
 Jax — Community Manager

@esturias said:
Wow.

I read most of them, don't respond to all of them.

Knight 474 916
  • 1 Nov
 wierHL

Belgian AZERTY here. I had this problem in the alpha. I don't know about QWERTY keyboards but 1234567890 in Mordhau don't correspond to any of my keys. Manually chanigng the keybinds fixed it for me.
I put emotes/voicelines to the numbers on my numpad, in menu this was listed as num1, num2 etc.
Weaponslots I figured would make sense on 1234567890 but also did nothing. When trying to put the normal numberkeys above the letters for weaponslots, in menu they were listed as &,é,",',(,§,è,!,ç,à.

1471 1562

@wierHL said:
&,é,",',(,§,è,!,ç,à.

Looks like a proper french word to me. What does it mean? :P

Knight 591 1997

I think that is the French spelling of 'Paris'. And all of those letters are silent, except for the ampersand.

42 25
  • 1 Nov
 Wilkham

I'm french and live at Levallois and everything is okay for me.

Duke 501 1198

Calm down Quasimodo you'll get to shitpost from you're half burnt bell towers soon enough

16 18
  • 2 Nov
 bOMBADlL

Actually the default keybinds are "123456" etc, but AZERTY has "&é"'(-" instead of numbers. Just change the keybinds it's like that in a lot of games too.

72 42
  • 6 Nov
 Aodlop

@bOMBADlL said:
Actually the default keybinds are "123456" etc, but AZERTY has "&é"'(-" instead of numbers. Just change the keybinds it's like that in a lot of games too.

You can't in Mordhau, because emotes are locked behind another key that you have to press first, then you get the emote menu in game with the numbers to press, and those are NOT in the "keybinds" menu.

Knight 474 916
  • 6 Nov
 wierHL

Yes you can: you can bind "Menu 1" or something to "&" for example. This is pretty much the 1st thing I did in the alpha testing.