Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

The game can't reach the Backend

3 0
  • 25 May
 Ripjaw94

I am having the same issue as well. I have verified the game files twice as well as checked my Firewall settings to make sure Morhau was a listed App in them and indeed they are. I was literally just playing the game this morning and then when I went to get back on 30 mins ago, I got the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

3 0
  • 25 May
 Ripjaw94

I am having the same issue as well. I have verified the game files twice as well as checked my Firewall settings to make sure Morhau was a listed App in them and indeed they are. I was literally just playing the game this morning and then when I went to get back on 30 mins ago, I got the same error message. Any help would be appreciated.

198 89
  • 25 May
 a_squire

Just started having this problem. I ended a frontline game, left the lobby, then couldnt rejoin 5 minutes later. Ive tried verifying game files, restarting, and turning off my firewall. It still wont work. Other games work fine. Help :(

1 0
  • 25 May
 Solidaire

Seems like this issue has been going on intermittently for about a year now? Earliest discussions I've seen of it go back to May '19 from google searches. I've just bought the game, can't play it at all.

I checked my firewall to make sure the right permissions were given, created a new rule for the file @TheIce_Dk recommends, even tried disabling my firewall temporarily just to see if that would make a difference. Several launches in trying various things, with no luck.

It's real bad that this has been an issue for so long and there isn't a verified fix posted in these forums (as far as I can tell). I want to play, but I'll probably just request a refund if I don't get it fixed by tonight.

1 0
  • 25 May
 Durzo

Just bought the game and having this issue, tried all of the above and still no luck.....

2 0

No solutions. Same problems as everyone here.

1 0
  • 25 May

@Arctanos said:
Hey Guys ,i need your help.
The Game says all the Time it can't connect to the Backend and i should look at my Firewall.

I do it already, The Game is allowed in my Firewall.
What can i do ?

And the second Problem is that i can't quit the Game.
Steam everytime that i still playing the Game but i already go to the Desktop the normal Way. I try to quit it over the Task-Manager but i keep still runing. What i should do

im not sure if anyone is still having this problem but i did today and it really annoyed me so i looked at this thread and found something useful about a file in mordhau something about mods so i just uninstalled mine and reset my game hope this helps

198 89
  • 25 May
 a_squire

seems to be steam issue? Cant connect to stem now myself..

1 0
  • 3 Sep
 BigOlSloot

So I'm not sure if this actually fixed it or it fixed itself, but after receiving this error message the actions I took were

1. Restart Computer.
  2. Launch game, same issue
  3. Close and Validate files, repeat step 2.
  4. In network and sharing settings (win 10)
    -change connection properties
    -Under "Random hardware addresses" the option for "use random address" I switched from on to off
  5. Switched back and forth from private network type to public to private again.

Something in there resolved it or it resolved itself ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 0

I am having this same problem now after this latest Patch 19, which I have been enjoying very much. My game was working last night and when I tried getting on again today, I kept on getting this failure to connect error. I’ve tried verifying the game files, turning off my firewall (as well as checked if it was allowed, which it was), ensuring that my computer time & time zone were set to automatic, and typed disconnect in console when in the “Please wait...” phase. The only thing I’ve left to try is reinstalling, which was my last-ditch option.

Here’s to hoping I can keep playing my favorite game, Mordhau!

10 2

For all having this issue:

Just open console when you start the game and its loading forever. Write: disconnect and hit enter.

After that you should be ready to join a server. This fixed it for me 2 or 3 times.