Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

The game can't reach the Backend

3 0
  • 31 Oct '19
 Arctanos

Hey Guys ,i need your help.
The Game says all the Time it can't connect to the Backend and i should look at my Firewall.

I do it already, The Game is allowed in my Firewall.
What can i do ?

And the second Problem is that i can't quit the Game.
Steam everytime that i still playing the Game but i already go to the Desktop the normal Way. I try to quit it over the Task-Manager but i keep still runing. What i should do

Conscript 192 478
  • 31 Oct '19
 Shovonem

It happened to me a few days ago after I used to VPN for a bit while logged in on steam and also played Mordhau. I don't know if the problem has anything to do with that. However, after I restarted my computer the problem was solved.

3 0
  • 31 Oct '19
 Arctanos

Restart my PC doesn't work

Duke 5558 13284
  • 1 Nov '19
 Jax — Community Manager

Verify files on Steam and allow Steam via firewall to start, if that doesn't help maybe reinstall? There could be a lot of possible reasons. In any case PM me a link to your steam profile and i can have our server dev take a look at your backend and see if there's any problems there.

3 0
  • 1 Nov '19
 Arctanos

So is allow via Firewall to start , i already reinstall it 2 times,

I will send you my Steam Profile via PM.

1 0
  • 29 Jan
 TomatoFace

@Jax said:
Verify files on Steam and allow Steam via firewall to start, if that doesn't help maybe reinstall? There could be a lot of possible reasons. In any case PM me a link to your steam profile and i can have our server dev take a look at your backend and see if there's any problems there.

I have the same problem and can not solve it.
Have tried with firewall reinstall and restart the computer, too. But it still got the same error after loading about 4min in main menu.
Maybe you can check it with my steam profile, too?

1 0
  • 30 Jan
 LilBabs

@Arctanos said:
Hey Guys ,i need your help.
The Game says all the Time it can't connect to the Backend and i should look at my Firewall.

I do it already, The Game is allowed in my Firewall.
What can i do ?

And the second Problem is that i can't quit the Game.
Steam everytime that i still playing the Game but i already go to the Desktop the normal Way. I try to quit it over the Task-Manager but i keep still runing. What i should do

I have had the exact same problem, played a few matches when i first got it then ever since, this problem happens. It is allowed through my firewall and my antivirus and i have uninstalled then reinstalled it and nothing changes. Please help I really want to play

1 0

I Got it to it’s allowed trough my fire Wall i verfityed the files in steam can’t connect i just brought the game and haven’t been able to play at all. I tried wireless and cable. And a different network

Problem solved had to manually allow a file in the install map called mordhau/binaries/win64/mordhau-win64-shipping.exe in my firewall now it’s Working i still Got the please wait screen for 2-5min.

Hope it helps you guys to get in, good luck

1 0
  • 29 Mar
 whatupfella

this is happening with me right now i turned off my firewall and tried about 5 times and it gives me the same error "cannot connect to the backend" i even went to the mordauh discord and they didnt know what to do ive tried connecting to diffrent networks also and i get the same error message.

1 0

@whatupfella said:
this is happening with me right now i turned off my firewall and tried about 5 times and it gives me the same error "cannot connect to the backend" i even went to the mordauh discord and they didnt know what to do ive tried connecting to diffrent networks also and i get the same error message.

Same Problem here. Since new Patch i need to restart the game 5-10 times to get logged in.

1 0
  • 28 Apr
 ELCHONKO

has anyone figured out a solution to this, it still wont work I have checked the firewall.

1 0
  • 7 May
 Nate.Dogg

this is actually insane. i havent played the game in so many months due to this same problem. #

2 0

Just simply verify your game cache files and it should load up your level and characters etc. It worked for me after verifying files.

2 0
  • 25 May
 Chill

Same thing happened to me, kinda ridiculous I haven't been able to play because of this.

1 0
  • 25 May
 Cerberus

Same here.

1 0

having this same issue ive verified twice uninstalled once and restarted computer three times have checked firewall everything is good there there

1 0
  • 25 May

Same happened to me just now, everything is working, restarted computer 3 times now.

1 0
  • 25 May
 GaribanAdam

@83 said:
Same happened to me just now, everything is working, restarted computer 3 times now.

I have that same problem

1 0

Also experiencing this. Had just been playing a few hours earlier.

3 1

Also experiencing this. Was playing this morning, and it stopped working in the afternoon.

I tried the proposed resolutions on this thread so far, and it did not resolve the issue.

Let me know if I can assist by providing some logs.

EDIT:

Tried again next day. Reinstalled game fresh and the issue was resolved. Hope it is resolved for others too