Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #13 Released (Feitoria)

Duke 507 1200

People who cant build their own pc wouldn't be able to file their own taxes or didnt play with legos as a kid

Knight 627 2068
  • 1 Nov '19
 LuxCandidus

I would not go that far. Building a PC does require surface knowledge of every component - namely their parameters and connections - which can accumulate into an overwhelming amount of information for someone with no interest in hardware, and the popular analogy of it being like playing with legos is only true after you have completed your first build, since each subsequent build would just entail going through the motions, and putting the pieces together the same as before.

But to me, letting someone else choose your build, not even based on your specific needs but on what the average person roughly wants, is the same as letting someone else choose what clothes you wear. People tend to severely overestimate the difficulty of building a PC, assuming it is like the hardware version of writing a program, when really it is like the hardware version of choosing what programs you want installed on your system. It is made to be simple enough for the average person to be capable of doing it with little effort.

210 348
  • 1 Nov '19
 Shitscrubber64

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:
People who cant build their own pc wouldn't be able to file their own taxes or didnt play with legos as a kid

Buying a pre-built PC saves time.

I get it though. I fully understand the appeal of building your own monster PC catering to your exact needs.
But at the end of the day there are so many pre-built computers available that will also fit your requirements. It's not some scammy concept where you'll get a shitty PC with subpar components or end up paying too much.

I don't bake my own bread. I don't grow my own potatoes. I don't build my own PC. It's not that I don't know how to do any of these things, it's just that I can't be bothered to. None of them are fun activities for me.

Oh, and buying a pre-built PC often comes with a warranty. Installing/replacing components without even seeing what I'm doing was the least fun I ever had back when I still built my own.

1697 1292
  • 1 Nov '19
 esturias

People made the same dumb comment on that forum. It's the kind of people who don't realize that there is a life outside. Or at least away from the screen. And that life offers lots of other hobbies or interests. Way more important ones.

2 0
  • 1 Nov '19
 Sixx

So what are are you going to do about the random vac timeouts ? will there be a a patch so that i can play ?

Duke 507 1200
297 144
  • 1 Nov '19
 CarnifeX

Nice Offtopic Discussion... rolleyes

21 8
  • 1 Nov '19
 Chizzler

Yeah hahaha i bet they never even spent years building a small boat in an old milk bottle, or learn how to tie their own shoes.

94 34
  • 1 Nov '19
 lordlemon

Woo, cant wait to try the update out!

2 0
  • 3 Nov '19
 ednos

Feitoria is amazing. Thanks Triternion!

10 8
  • 3 Nov '19
 jmg052985

Why don't you people fix the broken vote kick system already?

1430 2175

The nobles one shotting with rapier is ridiculous. I would also argue that nobles shouldn't have any bonus damage at all if they can't be flinched and can move freely around the keep. I think it's cool that they do get to move around and aren't tied to one specific room, but the bonus damage is absurd. Leave one shotting and bonus damage for the commanders and guard captains or whatever.

Frontline objectives and point placement feel wrong. It would make the most sense to me if Feitoria was more like Crossroads: Two teams spawn on opposite sides of the map and choose which objective to take first and in whichever order they want, multiple at the same time should they choose.

If this can't be accomplished then the point order should be reversed: Where red has to take the village first, then town gates/ town square and then finally the keep. The objective in the keep could be killing the NPC commander much like Grad. Attacking the keep as the middle objective is just too blue sided and feels wrong. It would make more sense to attack the city first in Frontline. Invasion objective order plays fine, it's just in FL where it feels weird and plays too blue sided.

Also, killing the villagers/townsfolk in both Frontline and Invasion is way too easy. There needs to be either more of them or better defensible spots in the town that's less spread out.

297 144
  • 4 Nov '19
 CarnifeX

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
The nobles one shotting with rapier is ridiculous. I would also argue that nobles shouldn't have any bonus damage at all if they can't be flinched and can move freely around the keep. I think it's cool that they do get to move around and aren't tied to one specific room, but the bonus damage is absurd. Leave one shotting and bonus damage for the commanders and guard captains or whatever.

Frontline objectives and point placement feel wrong. It would make the most sense to me if Feitoria was more like Crossroads: Two teams spawn on opposite sides of the map and choose which objective to take first and in whichever order they want, multiple at the same time should they choose.

If this can't be accomplished then the point order should be reversed: Where red has to take the village first, then town gates/ town square and then finally the keep. The objective in the keep could be killing the NPC commander much like Grad. Attacking the keep as the middle objective is just too blue sided and feels wrong. It would make more sense to attack the city first in Frontline. Invasion objective order plays fine, it's just in FL where it feels weird and plays too blue sided.

Also, killing the villagers/townsfolk in both Frontline and Invasion is way too easy. There needs to be either more of them or better defensible spots in the town that's less spread out.

They also have a absurd Hitbox on their Weapons and also the Body, same like the King.

• The Range/Weapon-Model doesnt fit visually to its Weapon-Hitbox - so they are able to stab you, and you see the Rapier doesnt reach you visually, but still it does & kill you...
    makes it impossible to estimate, when you have to block etc.
  • I also read a lot in the Chat, that Players glitched into & out of the Nobles when fighting/jumping onto them etc.,
    but i didnt encountered this by myself yet
94 34
  • 4 Nov '19
 lordlemon

loving feitoria so far its my favourite map by far:D! only concern is the invasion mode objectives, you made this huge map but it seems that only half of it is used. Couldn't the first attacking objective be a choice of pushing ram and destroying the gate as well as the siege tower pushing, or both together? also love that farm area couldn't we burn down the farms and kill villagers 2nd instead of last? just my opinion but it spoils a little bit of the fun, otherwise i really love this map and continue to enjoy this game P.S. someone made the chivi maps and I think they are tons more fun to play in mordhau:D! whoever made those maps is a legend, you thank sir(s).

1697 1292
  • 4 Nov '19
 esturias

Would the Feitoria-lovers do me a favor and explain the reasoning behind that?
Because... the map looks cool and all and it does have some potential if it was properly used, like lordlemeon wrote, but regarding balance it's one of the worst - if not THE worst - maps we have so far. Even after the removal of the mortar.
And playing it 24/7 gets rather annoying...

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 4 Nov '19
 Goof

TLDR: Visually impressive map, very poor design in terms of frontline/invasion. Currently good for Assassins Creed RP
*One more reason that Triternion needs to invest in increasing their staff.

It is an impressive map, however either mode is fairly blue sided with some exceptions.

Spawn protection zones are poorly placed and prevent any form of flanking in invasion. Once the nobles are killed, red basically has a guaranteed win since there is virtually no way to effectively defend the villagers.

While blue can cheese by hiding the nobles away in the tower, they can still easily be killed with the catapult.

Not 100% sure but it seems the seige tower still advances even while blue is in the objective zone.

21 8
  • 5 Nov '19
 Chizzler

I swear the spawn protection and the objective bots in every map are so bad. Fundamentally bad ideas, executed badly.

198 129
  • 7 Nov '19
 bobbydigital

This patch surprised me.
I expected the map to have boosted the player counter for longer but it's actually at an all time low now.
This is probably a case of too little too late.
You didn't seem to learn from the crossroads release, that releasing a map, then allowing people to vote for it constantly would just mean people bingeing on the new content, making the game fun for the people who like the new map but extremely boring for people who are not that impressed by it or just don't like playing the same thing over and over.

Really need to have 24/7 new map servers so people can go there if they wish and spam the hell out of one map, too late now though.

Knight 247 1086
  • 7 Nov '19
 Corsario

The map burning the first hours/days after release is trully problematic...

21 8
  • 7 Nov '19
 Chizzler

@Corsario said:
The map burning the first hours/days after release is trully problematic...

You'd think after 7 months 1 out of 10 professionals could churn out a map that was relatively polished and balanced. Nope. 0/10 people can execute a single polished map, after 7 months they launch more unfinished garbage for us to fucking test for them lol. No wonder pop went down again, fooled them once with CR shame on you, fool them again with Failtoria and just fuck you basically.

IMO you need to halt all production on whatever bad content you're making and stop slacking off with hookers and finish the SDK so you can get the nearly lifeless husk of Mordhau into the intensive care unit of the people who actually give a shit, the community, who unlike the devs, have actual programmers and talented game designers amongst us.