Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Patch #13 Released (Feitoria)

1697 1292
  • 29 Oct '19
 esturias

@LuxCandidus said:
A few minutes before you made that post, a hotfix went up that temporarily removes the mortar until a better placement can be figured out.

That's good to hear. One big problem less. And they can leave it wherever it is now, no need to bring that nonsense back unless it gets redesigned.
But now I really have to assume that the full release of content in this game also counts as the first testing?

Knight 627 2068
  • 29 Oct '19
 LuxCandidus

@esturias said:
But now I really have to assume that the full release of content in this game also counts as the first testing?

Like I have said before, with a team of this size - and decentralised as well - the largest test they could do is a 4v3 or maybe even a 4v4 if they schedules happen to align ideally. I think problems related to map balance and the like only become evident in large scale battles, like the ones the maps were designed for.

78 62
  • 29 Oct '19
 123mop

@LuxCandidus said:

@esturias said:

Like I have said before, with a team of this size - and decentralised as well - the largest test they could do is a 4v3 or maybe even a 4v4 if they schedules happen to align ideally. I think problems related to map balance and the like only become evident in large scale battles, like the ones the maps were designed for.

Ehh not sure this really holds up for the sorts of issues that we're seeing. Some things are just poor design. The only way to approach the mortar is a staircase that runs directly into its line of fire. This is a pretty clearly bad decision. And the stairs at the top had broken collision, which a simple walk up them should have found in testing.

Some things are no brainers. The mortar placement was one of them in this case. It's directly above blue spawn, points straight at an objective and major approach paths, and protects itself.

All of the usable map features favor the blue team on this map. This makes sense in invasion, but in frontline it's nonsense. Ballista, mortars, defensive stones to throw, pitch, and baskets of rocks to drop all are virtually useless as red and good against red. Red has a single catapult that has to fire up into the castle where you can't really see anything. Blue has horses to ride out into red's big open field. Red has... ladders that they can activate very slowly and climb up slowly and fight from at a disadvantage?

Every map feature favors blue on the equal footing frontline game mode. One team has a crapload of useful map features and the other has nothing.

Not being able to predict red as being favored in invasion is forgivable. The first and second objectives are probably quite tweakable and hard to predict flow wise. The huge peasant zone for the 3rd stage is a design problem though due to tons of small buildings and corridors and rooms to go through. It's impossible to stop the incoming attackers as blue because the things that need defending are so spread out and easy to kill, while the attackers have dozens of hidden flanking routes to zip through to find a single opening to chuck a weapon at the one hit to kill peasants.

I would also be willing to bet the whole map plays much better in 64p servers rather than the official US 48p servers.

198 129
  • 30 Oct '19
 bobbydigital

@LuxCandidus said:

@esturias said:

Like I have said before, with a team of this size - and decentralised as well - the largest test they could do is a 4v3 or maybe even a 4v4 if they schedules happen to align ideally.

That's not really how other multiplayer game works I think, they have test servers.
They release new content onto a limited amount of servers.
Mordhau release broken, untested, unbalanced content to every one, it becomes the main game.
In the short term you see a spike in player numbers but in the long run it's really damaging.

Count 887 3301
  • 30 Oct '19
 EatAtRedLobster

I spend 99% of my time in duelyard servers so I can't comment on whether Feitoria is balanced in large team modes.

I can say, however, that it is actually a very nice duelyard map which has been getting voted in mutiple times in a row. The only downside was the mortar which immediately attracted troll behavior with duels being repeatedly bombed and interrupted before the hotfix removal.

IMO FFA_Feitoria and FFA_Feitoria_64 need to have a server config option to disable mortars once they are added back, or mortars should simply be disabled on those deathmatch map variants.

Overall it's a very nice FFA / Duel map.

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 30 Oct '19
 Goof

No visual marker for team bear traps...

Come on, guys.

This would have been a great addition and I'm assuming fairly easy(I have no experience in programmimg so I can't know for sure) to implement.

Lots of people have asked for this, and like I've stated before: It most likely went right over your heads.

158 198
  • 30 Oct '19
 The Bird

@esturias said:

@The Bird said:
The Bird declares this map to be balanced.

The bird should stop pekking that hard, because the bird is horribly wrong. Once again.

Played a few more matches after having some delicious lunch and came to the conclusion that the devs should take out Frontline for that map. In case of Frontline, this is by far the worst and most unbalanced map we currently have. No idea why they just copied the Invasion "siege" for that mode instead of having Frontline take place just inside the walls...
Invasion is kinda ok'ish. It just suffers from the general problems of the Invasion mode. The hype will die off soon...

The "gimmics" (stones, pots of stones) are completely useless. The new ladders are a nice feature, but they should change the way to get them down again, because you often end up jumping onto the ladder rather than getting it down. Give them some health and let them collapse when "dead" of let them go down by kicking them.

You declare that The Bird is incorrect, yet offer no evidence to support your claim. The Bird finds your lack of adaptability deeply unsettling. You are not a developer, you are a consumer. The Bird suggests you remember your place!

Pekt

GetPekt

BirdWisdom

1697 1292
  • 30 Oct '19
 esturias

@LuxCandidus said:

Sorry, but you don't need a fully scaled test to realize the bigger issues. The smaller ones and random bugs - nobody cares. Players like me even have fun finding those and I see that to be a part of a player's duty. But the bigger ones, like the mortar making the match entirely unplayable and the general balance (for Frontline at least) being horrible in general - that's something you should see without any players on the map.

1430 2175

Frontline Feitoria should be a totally different from Invasion. Red should be attacking at the town's main gates and their closest objective should be at the bottom of the city while red's spawn is still at the castle. That way most of the fighting is in the streets for the castle but red still starts off outside the walls and can be pushed out of the city...

So first red capture point is maybe the farm right outside the city at the gates or something, their spawn behind it. Next objective, the middle objective is the city gates themselves or the courtyard. And the final objective is what was previously Red's first capture point on the castle. So the fighting is mostly in the city streets or just below the city walls and the siege engine can still be used to flank the middle objective or as an alternate but direct path when attacking the final point. And the cata can be useful from outside the walls in the right hands... even blue can come out to take the cata and try to make use of it.

2021 2108
  • 30 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@The Bird said:
You declare that The Bird is incorrect, yet offer no evidence to support your claim. The Bird finds your lack of adaptability deeply unsettling. You are not a developer, you are a consumer. The Bird suggests you remember your place!

Pekt

GetPekt

BirdWisdom

I present the hotfix as evidence. The human suggests the bird let's the more evolved species do the thinking. :P
#birdbrain

1697 1292
  • 30 Oct '19
 esturias

Random finding on Grad, castle:
In front of the castle, next to the gate, we have both a collapsable tree and a collapsable ladder. They are intersecting when coming up and in general very close together. There is nothing buggy happening or anything, but it looks really stupid.

And now this is something I'm really not sure about, since my internet is potato in general:
Did the patch break the hitregistration or similar a bit? So many weird things going on, getting reports about it from other players, too. Starting from stabs hitting teammates next to me, over really nasty kill/hit delays of 2+ seconds, up to random teamkills even though I barely joined the match. And the old missing hit/parry (even multiple ones in a row) of course, but that's still mostly the fault of my internet.
Anyway, didn't notice that new stuff before...

edit: BIGGER BUG!
In the last match, a noble somehow survived the noble stage of the Invasion mode. Was immortal then. We won just a minute later, though...

Another edit: Damn... so many dumb rage kids playing the game again. There finally needs something to be done. Some BASIC things...

298 144
  • 30 Oct '19
 CarnifeX

i dont know what u guys changed on the executioner, because there is no freakin difference than before,
BUT the disgusting Bug when u swing or do overheads its still there, the sword is still in the movement at the end, but you didnt get a hitbox anymore...
this was different before, so i was able to run beside a enemy - did an overhead - and was able to hit him with my sword tip right at the end -animation of the swing

ffs please fix this & ffs please fix the hitboxes generally - these both things really fucks me up tbh...

i dont care about any maps or content, i'm happy enough if the core mechanics works...

but if you guys fix this, your second goal could be one of my other requests like:

• general stab fix(re-aim window/mid-weapon attack),
  • overhead fix/improvement (lousy aim detection or whatever this is),
  • archer weapon-change nerf - means a weapon-change of min. 1 second more until weapon is changed and useable,
  • waraxe, spears & rapier, bastard & knightsword nerfs(and all these other lightspeed stabbing "weakons") because if you have a casual ping of 50-60 you cant parry or block shit sometimes...
  • Proper Unicode Player-Names support - this means, just the same Steam uses!
  • Teammarkers (H) should be ON by default(atleast for every beginner from now on) - every average or pro is still able to deactivate it in the options..
  • a Toggle for Team-Colors in the Char-Editor Screen, so we truly see how our Chars look in Team-Modes(has every team-based game today...)

EDIT:

Beside the Bugs already mentioned these Days,
the Block is somehow broken aswell, sometimes its visually used, but the Enemys are still able to hit you...
and sometimes nothing happens when Block is used, means your Char is doing nothing...

Plus,
the Weapon Models still dont fit to the Hitboxes they have,
as example the Nobles Rapier has more Range, than it has visually by his Model
This makes blocking sometimes impossible,
and as long these Nobles are gameplay related, this should fixed asap

53 68
  • 31 Oct '19
 ButcherGER

Guess I habe to buy a new pc. Feitoria takes about 4 Minutes for my potato machine to load.

Duke 507 1200

Imagine buying a prebuilt pc

210 348
  • 31 Oct '19
 Shitscrubber64

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:

Building a PC is all fun and games until something mysteriously fails to work and you gotta cram your sausage fingers in there looking for the issue.

Now I just buy something pre-built, guaranteed to work. Never going back.

Duke 507 1200

guaranteed to work

Nice try CyberPowerPC

Knight 519 999
  • 1 Nov '19
 wierHL

Just buy Dell, pre-built and guaranteed to not work very well due to bloatware. Best of both worlds.

1697 1292
  • 1 Nov '19
 esturias

I tried to build my own PC once, based on a layout from some people on a forum, but had to admit soon that I basically had no idea what I was doing... and that those forum people weren't as qualified as I thought, either.
Had to contact a computer shop right before Christmas. Was quite expensive, so, at the end, I was just a little below the cost of a pre-built one...

Sellsword 792 2352
  • 1 Nov '19
 Goof

@Senturion, Duke of Ontheon said:

Ibuypower actually has good deals on prebuilt pc's

Knight 627 2068
  • 1 Nov '19
 LuxCandidus

Each PC is built to accommodate different needs, which is why purchasing one that is prebuilt is a terrible idea. You would end up with a machine that is far more efficient both in terms of performance and in terms of pricing if you choose all the components yourself. Moreover, prebuilts are a way of getting rid of one or two components that are not selling well, by bundling them with some nicer components.

Building a PC is nowhere near as daunting as it used to be. There are online tools and resources for everything you would like to know, and everyone has at least one friend with experience in building a PC they could consult for help if needed. Here are some nice resources off the top of my head: