Mordhau

Patch #13 Released (Feitoria)

988 6971
  • 28 Oct
 marox — Project Lead

This content update marks the release of Feitoria, our biggest map yet, featuring all of our current game modes. In addition, we have also added more siege-oriented features, such as the ability to drop and raise ladders, chuck large two handed stones from above, tip over baskets of rocks, and even pour boiling oil from cauldrons positioned at strategic locations.

In the coming weeks and months we will be releasing more content additions and gameplay improvements: we’re adapting Mountain Peak for Invasion, finishing up work on our next new map Castello, as well as giving Horde mode some much needed attention.

Patch #13 Changelog 28/10/2019

Gameplay

• Added new map, Feitoria with support for all existing modes: INV_Feitoria_0, FL_Feitoria, HRD_Feitoria, FFA_Feitoria, FFA_Feitoria_64, SKM_Feitoria, SKM_Feitoria_64, TDM_Feitoria, TDM_Feitoria_64, BR_Feitoria
  • Added stone basket trap interactable to existing maps
  • Added oil cauldron interactable to existing maps
  • Added boulder throwable which can be obtained from an interactable stone pile placed on existing maps. Deals more damage the faster it’s falling (gravity)
  • Ladders now have an interaction UI widget like most interactables, and can now be dropped and raised by holding interact, as long as nobody is on them
  • Invasion player respawn to 5s again
  • Fixed getting stuck on Taiga trees
  • Added 3 choppable trees to Grad
  • Widened keep entrances on Grad and removed the door on the ground floor to prevent congestion
  • Fixed exploiting NPCs in invasion/frontline by blocking them off
  • Fixed removebots command removing map NPCs

Combat

• Crouch slowed down 25ms
  • Reverted miss combos no longer having lunge change from previous patch
  • Increased climbing speed on ladders by 15%
  • It is now possible to jump off ladders while on them, jump will go where the player aims
  • Base jump stamina cost reduced to 10
  • Cat perk fall damage reduction buffed to 90%
  • Brawler perk now also speeds up fists
  • Executioner Sword strike turncap now more strict
  • Executioner Sword stab stamina drain reduced by 1

Visuals & Misc

• Added new flat top helmet with 5 variations: Covered flat top, Covered flat top orle, Enclosed flat top, Enclosed flat top orle, Visored flat top
  • Fall damage now has camera shake
  • Camera calculations (3p and 1p) now take into account scale, making scaled characters look natural (viewmodel animations)
  • Character scale is taken into account for interaction distance, allowing picking things up etc for bigger characters
  • Fixed crossbow 1p interact animation
  • Destroyable fence gate now has an additional state that removes the bottom board.
  • Helmets now draw fake shadows onto the face to add depth and make them seem more grounded
  • Fixed kills with torch saying “Stone” in the killfeed

Sound

• Improved a few equipment fall sounds and added some that were missing
  • Ragdoll fall impacts now play the body thud sound while alive (previously only played when dead)
  • Fixed a few Tier 2 (open) helmets muffling voice
  • Enemy footsteps are now louder
91 94
  • 28 Oct
 The Bird

The Bird approves.

Bird

BirdApproval

Pekt

Knight 219 593
Knight 53 64
  • 28 Oct
 fmay2123

Can't wait to play!

Knight 219 593
  • Brawler perk now also speeds up fists

Gif2.gif

Conscript 741 1548
  • 28 Oct
 ohshitsorry

GIVE WARAXE A FUCKING ALT MODE

161 62
  • 28 Oct
 CarnifeX

hitbox fix when?

75 45
  • 28 Oct
 Aodlop

Amazing, thank you.
If I may suggest one thing though: could tier 2 helmet possibly remove less speed from the player?
T3 boots have a close to non-existent cost speed-wise, but the jump from T1 head armor to T2 is massive.

964 696
  • 28 Oct
 esturias

Nice to see some lifesigns. Can't comment on the changes/additions yet, sooo:

we’re adapting Mountain Peak for Invasion

You should first decide about what that gamemode is actually supposed to be and flesh it out as a concept. The half baked clusterhugging nonsense we have right now isn't very motivating.
You wrote that the new map will have all kinds of new features - take ideas like that as a first step to make Invasion a new gamemode that is worth its name!

Knight 242 1078
  • 28 Oct
 Corsario

Awesome!! In future patches you could make ladders pushable, even when used by people, with special items (a forked spear or stick or something similar) or perks (Hercules or Samson perk?).

182 109

I played the new map a few times.

Looks beautiful but kind of plays like a bigger version of grad.
People were complaining a lot of frame drops.

2 1
  • 28 Oct
 oHearty

I was trying my best not to invest any time arguing with Grumpy Georges in the Patch 12 forum branch.
But I wanna say it now - are any of those Georges apologizing to devs, before entering the game to play the new patchy?
Hard words were said, but now everyone just went playing, like nothing happened.

Mordhau is a great game. Devs are great. Not quick on forum response - but maybe they can hire some georges to do shoutouts.
Great work guys, your game brought me more joy than Witcher 3. Wish you best luck.

82 35

@marox said:

• Character scale is taken into account for interaction distance, allowing picking things up etc for bigger characters

so now i will not feal like hamer swinged 50 cm from my head and get damage from fact that camera is on characters head and i sit 50 cm from screan yes?

or am i wrong?

this seams very sarcastic i promise its not i am just asking.

82 35

cat perk fall damage reduction

Enemy: chases me to leadge
Me: remembers having cat perk
Me: jumps of the ledge 20 meters straight
Enemy (didnt reed stat changes): lol you can do that
Enemy jumps behind you
Me: you fallen for one of the clasic pranks bazzinga

1548 1616

@oHearty said:
I was trying my best not to invest any time arguing with Grumpy Georges in the Patch 12 forum branch.
But I wanna say it now - are any of those Georges apologizing to devs, before entering the game to play the new patchy?
Hard words were said, but now everyone just went playing, like nothing happened.

Mordhau is a great game. Devs are great. Not quick on forum response - but maybe they can hire some georges to do shoutouts.
Great work guys, your game brought me more joy than Witcher 3. Wish you best luck.

I'm intrigued. Apologize for what exactly?

2 1
  • 28 Oct
 oHearty

If you check forum branch for patch 12, 50% of ppl were like - to hell with this game, i hate devs, I'm leaving, they lost it.

Pretty sure most of them are playing the patchy, like nothing happened.
And getting back to complaining in two weeks.

964 696
  • 28 Oct
 esturias

@oHearty said:
If you check forum branch for patch 12, 50% of ppl were like - to hell with this game, i hate devs, I'm leaving, they lost it.

Pretty sure most of them are playing the patchy, like nothing happened.
And getting back to complaining in two weeks.

Just ignore the ones who rage like dumb kids and insult the devs or do other childish nonsense. Devs will ignore them anyway, be it in this game or any other one.
But the other players who provided (mostly negative) feedback all had multiple valid points. I complained a lot, too. And I will later play and test the game, too. And when I end my session, I might have a few things less to complain about and I will be glad about that, but that one patch won't change much about the overall state of the game.
If the patch turns out to be worth the hype - good. Congratulations to the devs. If the devs will then continue with the same quality (and maybe even a little faster) - even better! But for now the game is still at its miserable half-dead state and it will take more than one borderline good patch to change that.

So, all we can (still) do is stay and hope. And keep providing feedback, even if noone seems to care.

1 2
  • 28 Oct
 Sigrid

Mordhau, I love you! ❤️
Ideas:

• fire arrows
  • face/body paint
  • custumes (halloween, christmas, ...)
  • gemshorn instrument
  • ropes to catch horses and tie enemies
136 178

I don't get it. The black armor dude in the final objective is unkillable? Or does he just have a ton of health?
You can't even parry him?

Feels like something you ought to communicate to the players instead of letting them figure it out on their own in the most frustrating and confusing manner possible.