Mordhau

On defence of rapier users

134 58
  • 18 Oct '19
 Skrytociemny

when i playd rapier i had 90% chance that after match i would be called rapier noob for no reason i didnt youse exclusievly stab (stab a lot ant then slash to suprise enemy) i could chamber, chamber morph, riposte sometimes faint so i realy dont know why are peope angry at a wepon that is only ficient if you let it be eficient dont keep close to rapier guy and if you stay close to him then dont complain i sometimes see players using rapier that where just stabing without slight knolage on chamber and where just oblitaraited, every wepon can be spamy cleaver + 333 armor is the most spam lodout in the game and no one complains, so when you will encounter rapier player again dont think how devs are ruining game and the rapier player is just spamy cunt think about your mistakes and dont blame it on rapiers cuz everyone else blames it on rapier (if you complain about shields then just know you can morph slash or stab into kick so youre welcome)

Knight 3311 6797
  • 19 Oct '19
 Bodkin

Ok.

Mercenary 1191 2168
  • 19 Oct '19
 TheKingInTheNorth

When occasionally pressing lmb between scrolling up takes up so much brainpower that you forget about the existence of periods and capital letters.

Knight 2608 6919
  • 19 Oct '19
 Rattsknecht

@TheKingInTheNorth said:
When occasionally pressing lmb between scrolling up takes up so much brainpower that you forget about the existence of periods and capital letters.

but i dont use rapier

1388 1049
  • 19 Oct '19
 esturias

Elementary school called. You forgot your punctuation marks there.

Knight 2608 6919
  • 19 Oct '19
 Rattsknecht

@esturias said:
Elementary school called. You forgot your punctuation marks there.

tell them i hate them please

134 58
  • 27 Oct '19
 Skrytociemny

if you complain about someones bad gramar and miss or dont try to learn the point of the measage that is the first sign you are dumb person that has no other method of proving that he is right

how to complain

what makes you dumb: he didnt do gramar lol xd lmao i am so smart hehehe (yes the exacuration of idiot is satyric efect

what makes you nice: the point is (your opinion) but your gramar is realy bad just pointing out

byw eng is not my first language

1388 1049
  • 27 Oct '19
 esturias

@Skrytociemny said:
if you complain about someones bad gramar and miss or dont try to learn the point of the measage that is the first sign you are dumb person

No, not really. Why should anyone read and try to decipher your lazy gibberish if you put zero effort into writing? Why do you refuse to write like a normal human being with basic education?
I guess you visited an elementary school at least, so why not using the skills you learned there?

Just think about it for a second.

675 286
  • 27 Oct '19
 PC_Principal

Yea. Like even if you put a wrong comma or stop it's still better than nothing. Esturias is right, it's harder to read without punctuation.

147 55
  • 30 Oct '19
 CazzyVR

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

Ad Hominem Attack. When one attacks the Person and not the actual Point being made. Sign that the person has no real argument and doesn't know what else to say. Usually used when one doesn't have anything to say and/or was getting destroyed and decides to say fuck it and goes after the person themselves. I can do it to, "King of the North is so fucking stupid that even a Kindergartener wouldn't use it". See, that is a Ad Hominem attack. How ever I don't do that. Now why don't you try and actually debate his points instead of Insulting him cause he's challenging your Views?

But I will agree, Grammer and Punctuation was HEAVILY needed. I hope we can at least agree on that.

1817 1903
  • 30 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@CazzyVR said:
Ad Hominem Attack. When one attacks the Person and not the actual Point being made. Sign that the person has no real argument and doesn't know what else to say. Usually used when one doesn't have anything to say and/or was getting destroyed and decides to say fuck it and goes after the person themselves. I can do it to, "King of the North is so fucking stupid that even a Kindergartener wouldn't use it". See, that is a Ad Hominem attack. How ever I don't do that. Now why don't you try and actually debate his points instead of Insulting him cause he's challenging your Views?

But I will agree, Grammer and Punctuation was HEAVILY needed. I hope we can at least agree on that.

1. What the King wrote wasn't ad hominem. He was addressing the lack of punctuation.
  2. Ad hominem isn't always a fallacy - just very often.
  3. What could be considered an ad hominem following your lax definition.

Now why don't you try and actually debate his points instead of Insulting him cause he's challenging your Views?

4. After all this bogus you nevertheless agree. What is wrong with you?

36 37
  • 31 Oct '19
 xXLuxXx

@CazzyVR said:

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

Everytime someone says "Ad Hominem" on a forum, my mind cant help but wander to the mountain of pussy they must be getting.

1388 1049
  • 31 Oct '19
 esturias

@xXLuxXx said:
Everytime someone says "Ad Hominem" on a forum, my mind cant help but wander to the mountain of pussy they must be getting.

It's very often used in a pretty wrong way, but apart from that, it's basic vocabulary for discussions. Besides that, you make it sound that getting "a mountain of pussy" is somehow a higher achievement of some sort...

1317 2006

Rapier exists so noobs can stab to win and ""occasionally slash" so they're not always chambered...

Rapier is painful to fight and very difficult to actually do well with. It's a bad weapon to use and an annoying weapon to fight. EVERYONE on the battle field knows exactly what a rapier is going to do. And either they are in a position to punish rapier for being such a predictable, inefficient weapon... or they're too busy getting distracted by the rapier's friends to do anything about it.

Rapier overhaul please. It needs buffs to make it viable at a serious level but nerfs that stop it from being the go-to for every noob who can't type.

If it got more range, more stamina nagation and/or point cost decrease at the cost of not being able to flinch... that may be an interesting and fun weapon to play with and against. Especially in duels, where the weapon should be most used anyways.

Knight 2286 4120
  • 1 Nov '19
 Runagate

@esturias said:

@xXLuxXx said:

It's very often used in a pretty wrong way, but apart from that, it's basic vocabulary for discussions. Besides that, you make it sound that getting "a mountain of pussy" is somehow a higher achievement of some sort...

t. incel

Knight 5333 7245
  • 1 Nov '19
 Humble Staff

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Rapier exists so noobs can stab to win and ""occasionally slash" so they're not always chambered...

Rapier is painful to fight and very difficult to actually do well with. It's a bad weapon to use and an annoying weapon to fight. EVERYONE on the battle field knows exactly what a rapier is going to do. And either they are in a position to punish rapier for being such a predictable, inefficient weapon... or they're too busy getting distracted by the rapier's friends to do anything about it.

Rapier overhaul please. It needs buffs to make it viable at a serious level but nerfs that stop it from being the go-to for every noob who can't type.

If it got more range, more stamina nagation and/or point cost decrease at the cost of not being able to flinch... that may be an interesting and fun weapon to play with and against. Especially in duels, where the weapon should be most used anyways.

That's actually an interesting suggestion, wouldn't mind seeing it tried out. Also the rapier would then be more like an actual rapier and not a sidesword of sorts.

45 26
  • 1 Nov '19
 Wilkham

As a level 101, I don't fear Rapier in duel.

147 55
  • 2 Nov '19
 CazzyVR

Hey I still use Rapier, I think it's fun as hell. I can see why people hate it, but that's why there is this magical thing called "Blocking and Chambering" you guys should try it sometime. Also where is the Hate against Spear Stabbers? Stabbers in General?

I use a Heavy Handaxe Normnally and the Rapier for when I'm in Tighter Corners when Swinging wouldn't do me any good (aka Hit a Wall or post). That's not Stabby that's just thinking ahead

1317 2006

@CazzyVR said:
Hey I still use Rapier, I think it's fun as hell. I can see why people hate it, but that's why there is this magical thing called "Blocking and Chambering" you guys should try it sometime. Also where is the Hate against Spear Stabbers? Stabbers in General?

I use a Heavy Handaxe Normnally and the Rapier for when I'm in Tighter Corners when Swinging wouldn't do me any good (aka Hit a Wall or post). That's not Stabby that's just thinking ahead

Chambering a rapier is actually a horrible "counter". Rapier is designed to win a chamber fight and lose only when it's run out of stamina.

Best counter to rapier is to move around alot, play range, wear armor, use your stamina advantage and dont let it flank you in 1vX.

1317 2006

Also, Heavy handaxe is a pretty broken weapon in itself. Three points? Mace costs more but HHA does more damage in some cases, is incredibly floaty, has a blade and blunt side AND it can repair structures while simultaneously fighting people.

Should be a 5 point weapon. If it got some edits to make it less broken, such as toning down its head shot damage (more than WH alt side in some cases) and making it less floaty, it should still be more than 3 points.

I think HHA should be a 4 point weapon after some appropriate edits.