Mordhau

What's going on Triternion?

Mercenary 83 73

I mean there's still so much stuff to fix. I did a long brake from this game and when i came back i saw that literally nothing changed. Shields are still boring to fight against, weapon animations…..well i don't want to call the animations cuz u still can manipulate stuff like exe sword, evening star, zwei, mace, bs and whatever in a way that isn't really enjoyable.
Not talking about the new maps that should have been released ages ago. Like a couple of patches before u guys said sth about a map like "it's nearly ready to be released. That was weeks ago. Instead u implement a game mode which is basically the same clusterfuck as frontline is. it is basically frontline 2.0.
Ranked duels are still pretty much aids the higher u get in rank.
Like...do u guys play ur own game? or do u only listen to old chiv Friends?

This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
1749 1793
  • 21 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Lord Commander Guts said:
to be fair modders that release in 1 month are mostly just duel maps. Triternion maps are much bigger in order to use for invasion/frontline. My map I built alone, only stopping to ask sr. modders questions such as blueprint questions and such. Put 140 hours over 4 months into it. Now they got 2 maps with I'm sure similar amount per maps, but with better results.

And modders with the help of TRITERNION were able to release the uSDK you are talking about. Do more research before you make such claims.

140 hours are not even a month of work. Developing this game is their profession now. They should start acting professional. Until they do people have every right to complain.
As it stands now, you accomplished more than them in your free time.

Sellsword 12 2
  • 21 Oct '19
 Yj

@Elko said:

@TombstoneJack said:
TL;DR

were angry because we care

Yet caring does not cause anger.

Caring may cause nervousness. Nervousness causes anger.

35 35
  • 21 Oct '19
 Fred Dawes

@SWSeriousMike said:

to be fair modders that release in 1 month are mostly just duel maps. Triternion maps are much bigger in order to use for invasion/frontline. My map I built alone, only stopping to ask sr. modders questions such as blueprint questions and such. Put 140 hours over 4 months into it. Now they got 2 maps with I'm sure similar amount per maps, but with better results.

And modders with the help of TRITERNION were able to release the uSDK you are talking about. Do more research before you make such claims.

140 hours are not even a month of work. Developing this game is their profession now. They should start acting professional. Until they do people have every right to complain.

Do you really think the devs quit their day jobs to support Mordhau full time?

179 136
  • 21 Oct '19
 Cracksmith

@Crumly said:
lol what a bunch of cry babies. it's almost like you thought mordhau was going to be the final chapter of your shitty lives or something.

like seriously what is with your generation where you think it's normal to just fucking whine and cry so much? what did you spend, like $30 or whatever on a video game? did you think that qualified to you act like your in a ferrarri dealership buying 10 cars and the sales guy has to kiss your ass?

you spend $30 and think anyone fucking cares.... i wasted $50 on stupid appetizers from boston pizza last night and they sucked, maybe i should invest serious hours of my life crying about it on a fucking discussion forum.

the sad shit is, even after i point this out to you, you are literally too stupid to realize i'm right and will continue crying. if 1% of your generation spent a proporional amount of effort on things that they spent REAL AMOUNTS OF MONEY on, like their college degree, their homes, their cars, cleaning up their community, they would live in the nicest places in the world. instead, you get on here with your entittled $30 video game receipt acting like anyone - at all - in the whole fucking world - should care 1% about anything you have to say.

you're fucking worthless

A030F93C-5541-4C8C-BF26-90639CAC36CB.jpeg

1749 1793
  • 21 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Fred Dawes said:
Do you really think the devs quit their day jobs to support Mordhau full time?

I sure hope so.

Empress 382 896
  • 22 Oct '19
 Soulcatcher

It's just the fucking communication

As to what's going on, we don't need dates anymore.

We just need someone to tell us or show us what's happening in regards to development, screenshots of maps/information on weapon changes/why those are being changed.

When Jax became Community Manager I had so much hope for this. But man you guys can't keep a community and your game alive with infrequent communication and bareballs answers to questions, a weekly update with just a paragraph and some random pictures of what the art devs are doing on one of the maps. What changes are happening in regards to weapons and why they are changing.

I honestly don't play Mordhau much anymore. just log in and the games the same as it was months ago, with no information about what's going to happen, or when it's going to happen. (when isn't so important, just knowing what the story is)

Joined the Official Discord like last week, and saw screenshots of some of the maps and crap that was being worked on.

Why the fuck can't someone post that shit here? just delete the forums and post everything on Discord if that's what it takes.

Official Forums

Fuck you man

Love this game but just absolutely over this bullshit, absolutely no reason to browse these forums other than to read threads about gold/xp loss and chuckling at the frequent shitposters.

Bah

Duke 553 939
  • 22 Oct '19
 Goatie

You know your games slowing down when the entertaining shitposts even come to a stop

Knight 246 1082
  • 22 Oct '19
 Corsario

I'm afraid you devs are entering that communication shutdown that many people denounced against Torn Banner back in the day. We need Jax and game developers to be less enigmatic and more honest about things and entering into normal conversations with people.

Those sporadic messages are killing the confidence or the necessary chemistry that aligns players with the dev team.

7 6
  • 22 Oct '19
 h2so4BiH

@Crumly said:
lol what a bunch of cry babies. it's almost like you thought mordhau was going to be the final chapter of your shitty lives or something.

like seriously what is with your generation where you think it's normal to just fucking whine and cry so much? what did you spend, like $30 or whatever on a video game? did you think that qualified to you act like your in a ferrarri dealership buying 10 cars and the sales guy has to kiss your ass?

you spend $30 and think anyone fucking cares.... i wasted $50 on stupid appetizers from boston pizza last night and they sucked, maybe i should invest serious hours of my life crying about it on a fucking discussion forum.

the sad shit is, even after i point this out to you, you are literally too stupid to realize i'm right and will continue crying. if 1% of your generation spent a proporional amount of effort on things that they spent REAL AMOUNTS OF MONEY on, like their college degree, their homes, their cars, cleaning up their community, they would live in the nicest places in the world. instead, you get on here with your entittled $30 video game receipt acting like anyone - at all - in the whole fucking world - should care 1% about anything you have to say.

you're fucking worthless

NO CAPS? I could't read that puny wall of text.
:0

26 14
  • 23 Oct '19
 THRCN

Why not just hire freelancers to make new maps? The current maps aren't aesthetically pleasing or balanced. There are hundreds of people in the modding and mapping discord with 10x the talent any of the Triternion mappers and artists have doing shit for free.

1749 1793
  • 23 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

And spend some of the precious money for something different than hookers or booze? Ridiculous!

Count 1475 965

@SWSeriousMike said:

I wouldn't say I accomplished more, I just made a few maps. Atlantis was a map I did pre mordhau that I ported over. Escape was meant to be a solo or coop horde objective based not wave based. But I'm pretty dumb when it comes to coding. Every time I touch Blue prints I break something and waste 2 hours.

Count 1475 965

@SWSeriousMike said:

and to be fair, this is just shy of a months work. I'm sure the Mordhau devs might have other jobs too.

Duke 553 939
  • 24 Oct '19
 Goatie

They just need to hire one experienced guy for level design and contract a sound guy to flesh out the sound like chiv did with all its unique weapon parry and hit sounds and background atmosphere. That's it. No massive hires and structure changes or making a big AAA team. Just key hires that boost the game in the areas it is lacking. I guarantee you even if Feitoria is detailed and cool it still won't be fun for long as it will feel 'empty'. If you want to compare and see how much abit of sound can make a map better go stand in battlegrounds in chiv then go stand in ANY map in mordhau.

Conscript 152 276
  • 24 Oct '19
 Kaiowa

Just give up on this game and move on, we all know what's going on and it won't get any better.

1749 1793
  • 24 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

and to be fair, this is just shy of a months work. I'm sure the Mordhau devs might have other jobs too.

If they had other work then they'd have even more money to hire someone. If they had other work then there would be no reason for this early release.
I'm tired of the excuses. Small dev team, no money, unreal engine, steam, niche game, biased media, free speech, no politics... I wonder if there is any excuse that wasn't used now. This is just ridiculous.

I don't see any room for growth as long as they can't admit to their mistakes.

39 38
  • 26 Oct '19
 sneakers

This game doesn't even have proper servers so even without an update most of us can't even play the game as it is anyway. This has been the case since day one release and the devs and even the alpha backers did nothing but laugh at us and tell us it's our problem. I just played like 20 games over the last 2 months after uninstalling Mordhau and I've never encountered a single "high packet loss" "high latency" error. All you had to do was fix the fucking servers and you'd get over 50% of your player base back.

Tittyron or w/e there name is tried so hard to make this game stand out from Chivalry and tried to be different but all they really did is capitalize on there success, steal there ideas and revamped it with 2 new mechanics and called it "unique".

Chivalry 2 is going to take the biggest shit on this game and I am so glad. Even after all the bullshit Torn Banner pulled on the community we will still play there game because of how much of an embarrassment this game was.

I was about to install the game again and give it a whirl but I've no decided not to after reading there is still abnormal server packet loss.

Later fuckos.