Mordhau

You were votekicked for no reason

Knight 766 3328
  • 13 Oct '19
 Mittsies

So you've been vote-kicked for no reason, eh? You were just minding your own business and suddenly someone decided to call that vote, maybe they even fabricated a reason in chat like "TKing troll", and you were kicked from the match? Or maybe they did have a reason but it was an effervescent reason at best, like you accidentally killed them once, or tried to use the catapult for a moment. Well the bottom line is that you don't think you deserved to be vote-kicked, and yet despite your best efforts to say "please downvote" or "bogus votekick, page down", you were kicked anyways.

Well let's start by clearing up some misconceptions: if you were votekicked successfully, then in the opinion of the players in that server, you did actually deserve to be kicked. You might think of yourself as an african american citizen who took a 2-year plea deal instead of facing trial tax because the legal system is fundamentally-racist and completely broken; in other words: a victim of injustice. You might think of yourself as the target of a bunch of morons that immediately hit page up while giggling to themselves at the idea of randomly kicking someone like a typical game of mafia or town of salem.

But at the end of the day: the majority of players on your team/in that server decided it was time for you to pack your things and leave. I'm looking in my crystal ball right now, when Mordhau finally adds female models, and people votekick you for having a female character while saying "kick this roastie" - and of course it will pass. It wouldn't surprise me even for one minute to see every bastard sword and kiteshield wielding female character to be kicked on sight, especially by sadmins in a private duel server.

But let's not get too far off topic here: is this just how things are? Unbridled chaos where nobody is safe from votekicking? Is there nothing you can do as a self-proclaimed innocent player to avoid being kicked by this "toxic community" as some call it? Well for starters, you have to be the change in the world. Next time you see a votekick: you need to immediately say "page down", "bogus votekick", or something similar in chat. You could even call out the person who started the votekick, and say they are abusing the votekick system.

I mean yes, there are some rare instances where someone is actually rampantly TKing, trolling, etc., and obviously you should use your best judgement, but in general you must do what you can to contribute towards preventing votekick abuse. Even if the person being voted up is a known bastard sword and shield user who morphs literally every single attack and their steam name is "you do you boo" and their avatar is some obnoxious looking anime girl with a transgender flag behind it - you must stay resilient, and page down for the greater good. Avoid bandwagon mentality, and encourage others to only kick those who truly deserve it, and not just hit page up every time they see that pop-up.

Not only will you make the community a better, friendlier, and more reasonable place - you will ultimately reduce the chance of being votekicked yourself. One day you might even see someone returning the favor, a person you've never seen before, saying "page down" as you are randomly voted up. It'll be the year 2020, you'll be running around screaming with your high-pitched female voice, your steam name will contain gender pronouns, your avatar is a picture of a transgendered woman with blue dyed hair winking and sticking their tongue out, you're using bastard sword and buckler which still hasn't been nerfed for some ungodly reason, and you'll have unironically accused multiple people of being both virgins and neo-nazis - and yet you still won't be kicked because the accumulation of your good deeds will have finally caught up and spared you from a votekick that you probably really actually deserved.

remove shield. tighter exe turncap. mounted artificial range and bonus damage at low gears. rework huntsman. underhand waterfalls. castello. feitoria. actual rewards for ranked. new progression system in general that cannot be afk-cheesed. API-data like weapon usage statistics.

Conscript 987 2012
  • 13 Oct '19
 ohshitsorry

and give green

1697 1291
  • 13 Oct '19
 esturias

TL;DJSI (Too long, did just skim it.)

@Mittsies' major point:
Is there nothing you can do [...]? Well for starters, [...]you need to immediately say "page down", "bogus votekick", or something similar in chat. You could even call out the person who started the votekick, and say they are abusing the votekick system.

Yes, good advice. I do that all the time when there is a votekick without any further comment in the chat. Just post something like "No accusation/comment, no kick!" or just a simple "Reason?".
Sadly, most players are rather stupid and/or don't care, so that rarely helps. And since there is still little to no done against trolls, you'll still have votekick abuse in every other match...

184 65
  • 14 Oct '19
 CazzyVR

While not sure where the "No Female Warrior" mentality is so strong (Not like this game is Historically accurate anyways) but that's not the Topic just a decent Nitpick.

You say that, but I think it's bad. Now if No reason given then you can argue it's wrong but you yourself said "There may be a Reason"

2017 2104
  • 14 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@CazzyVR said:
While not sure where the "No Female Warrior" mentality is so strong (Not like this game is Historically accurate anyways) but that's not the Topic just a decent Nitpick.

The threads crying about female avatars have only ended because no one believes anymore that the devs will deliver. Otherwise we would still have our daily "don't do it" and "my immersion :(" threads.

You say that, but I think it's bad. Now if No reason given then you can argue it's wrong but you yourself said "There may be a Reason"

The problem is that the system incentivizes spamming votes. Fighting back against team attacking trolls, won't work. Calling them out won't work because it only makes you a target. And reporting them is also completely pointless. On the other hand when there is a vote about someone else going it at least isn't a vote about you. And there is only one vote at a time if I'm not mistaken.

An easy solution would be to decrease the player slots. Less chaos means less hiding places for trolls.

54 58
  • 14 Oct '19
 freygeist

@SWSeriousMike said:

The threads crying about female avatars have only ended because no one believes anymore that the devs will deliver. Otherwise we would still have our daily "don't do it" and "my immersion :(" threads.

And that makes you really sad, SadMike that you cant play as a little girl. You weirdo.

2017 2104
  • 14 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

I would be indifferent to female avatars. But since it makes people like you lose their shit I'm totally for it.

54 58
  • 14 Oct '19
 freygeist

@SWSeriousMike said:
I would be indifferent to female avatars. But since it makes people like you lose their shit I'm totally for it.

yeah that is leftist logic at its best. Destroy something because my enemies are making valid points. Great job!

2017 2104
  • 14 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

I don't see this as a political issue. You are just a moron.

25 5
  • 14 Oct '19
 420friendly

rejoin?

199 263
  • 14 Oct '19
 Quenquent

I just got some Mann Vs Machine flashbacks.

@SWSeriousMike said:

I'm sure the "my immersion :(" people either left the game or are running 3 pans loadouts while doing Pavise skateboard in a Roman outfit alongside a Frog playing Megalovmania on the lute.

Reddit do seem to still care about female characters. Post about women are regularly made and tends to have a positive feedback. Not sure about the Discord tho.

54 58
  • 14 Oct '19
 freygeist

@Quenquentthebabysitter said:

Reddit do seem to still care about female characters. Post about women are regularly made and tends to have a positive feedback. Not sure about the Discord tho.

Of course they do, because reddit is a leftist shithole. Like a shithole country, but for leftists.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 14 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

@CazzyVR said:

STOP CAPITALIZING RANDOM WORDS YOU FUCKING TROG

181 165
  • 18 Oct '19
 Unlikely

I gather the OP has a problem with transgender people.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 18 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

who doesn't tbh

181 165
  • 20 Oct '19
 Unlikely

Normal people don't.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 20 Oct '19
 ToLazy4Name

idk what normal people are where you're at but over here normal people think they're weirdos

2017 2104
  • 21 Oct '19
 SWSeriousMike

@ToLazy4Name said:
idk what normal people are where you're at but over here normal people think they're weirdos

You are a weirdo and many people get along fine with you.

1697 1291
  • 21 Oct '19
 esturias

@ToLazy4Name said:

That kinda depends on your understanding of "normal"...

210 348
  • 21 Oct '19
 Shitscrubber64

Call me old fashion but I like my women without a penis.